European championships 2020 thread (4 Viewers)

COV

When you look at the stats it’s hard not to say that was a fully deserved win, it was actually pretty one-sided

D

Deleted member 11652

When you look at the stats it’s hard not to say that was a fully deserved win, it was actually pretty one-sided

It was an easy game made difficult by some baffling tactical decisions. In the final now and we can walk all over Italy if he goes for it

Frostie

You're always going to get the usual social media "personalities" looking to cast doubt on England but nobody can really argue it was a well deserved win in a tough game.

Re: Penalty on Sterling - there's definitely contact so difficult to argue, one should have been given on Kane earlier but there we go.

Denmark's goal shouldn't have stood, not sure how that was missed by VAR.

Anyway, good performance, every bit as difficult as I thought so massive credit to Denmark.

Bring on Sunday!
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

mark82

You're always going to get the usual social media "personalities" looking to cast doubt on England but nobody can really argue it was a well deserved win in a tough game.

Re: Penalty on Sterling - there's definitely contact so difficult to argue, one should have been given on Kane earlier but there we go.

Anyway, good performance, every bit as difficult as I thought so massive credit to Denmark.

Bring on Sunday!
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

What was the issue with Denmark's goal? Must've missed that.

Frostie

Never thought about that. Apart from 1 meter not being 1 yard, that’s wild

Yeah. You never see it penalised because refs stamp down on it straight away whilst wall is being set (as ref tonight rightly did) but once his attention was elsewhere they then moved over to interfere with the wall/block keepers view.

It's a clear breach so not sure what VAR were doing? Just enjoying the quality of the strike?

Doesn't play into the 'flukey England' narrative though so won't be mentioned much I'm sure.

CJ_covblaze

O

On the train back now, no voice left a win never in doubt ….. ish lol enjoy your stag do . Roll on Sunday 😀😀🥃🥃🍺🍺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿pusb
Suffering the M1’s roadworks at the moment. Yet to see a single worker. You’d think they would’ve left it last night, tonight and Sunday wouldn’t you.

Edit: Actually the workers all appear to have left it for the night. A lot of Migraines going around.

Evo1883

Denmark not as good as some think on here tbh .. tried to Palace it to pens
England are a better side , the only reason it got to extra time was more to do with us than Denmark.

We will be better against Italy 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

clint van damme

Bring on Sunday!
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

I thought it was a pen, (consensus on social media seems to be it wasnt), but I disagree.
I didn't think the Kane one was.

And you're right about Denmarks goal. Should have been disallowed.

Sick Boy

I wonder what Italy make of it all, will they fancy their chances

Still zero goals conceded from open play
Throughout the tournament there have been no expectations. The home advantage will make England major favourites in their eyes, which they’ll try to use to their advantage with the expectations.
They commented on the booing of the Danish anthem last night and said they it happens if they play England in the final to urge the players on - which will translate to winding England up.

Otis

I thought it was a pen, (consensus on social media seems to be it wasnt), but I disagree.

Yup, I thought it was a pen when it happened and watching the replays, I still think it was a pen.

One thing I can't get my head quite around, is Denmark going home as some kind of heroes. I do get that they did do well at times and the Eriksson thing must have been such a shock, but here we have a team going home from the semi-final of a tournament having lost three times.

Just doesn't seem right somehow. 🤷‍♂️

Evo1883

Yup, I thought it was a pen when it happened and watching the replays, I still think it was a pen.

One thing I can't get my head quite around, is Denmark going home as some kind of heroes. I do get that they did do well at times and the Eriksson thing must have been such a shock, but here we have a team going home from the semi-final of a tournament having lost three times.

Just doesn't seem right somehow. 🤷‍♂️

I wouldn't worry about social media opinion ..
Loads of mongs having a go at England about anything and everything , add to that 3 surrounding nations that love for England to fail .
The irony is , much like Denmarks win over Wales where they were the better side , they had every decision go their way , goals allowed that should have been disallowed for a foul in the lead up , an awful red card ..not many batted an eyelid ..

Fuck them

D

Deleted member 4439

Can't quite see the fuss about the Danes goal, but that was 100 per cent a pen on Kane - you just need to see it on the camera angle taken to the right of Kane. Absolutely a pen.

kg82

Can't quite see the fuss about the Danes goal, but that was 100 per cent a pen on Kane - you just need to see it on the camera angle taken to the right of Kane. Absolutely a pen.
I had to watch it with the sound down. But was a free kick not given for a foul Kane committed just before? Or am I thinking of a different incident?

D

Deleted member 4439

I had to watch it with the sound down. But was a free kick not given for a foul Kane committed just before? Or am I thinking of a different incident?

No, in fact Kane was clipped just prior to that but the pen incident was awarded against Kane. Watch the highlights on the beeb iplayer.

stupot07

Thats exactly how I saw it. He fouled the other defender outside the box seconds earlier, which was why it wasn't given.

I didn't think the sterling one was a pen either, that's given against us and we would be going ballistic about it. But I'm not complaining.

Good spot by frostie on the Danish Wall tactics.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 4439

Thats exactly how I saw it. He fouled the other defender outside the box seconds earlier, which was why it wasn't given.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

No free kick was awarded for that - not that I saw a foul but instead Kane keeping the defender at a distance after having been clipped himself. The foul was given against Kane for what looked like, from the ref's angle. Kane going through the back of the defender, when in fact the defender came across Kane,

kg82

To be honest, I thought the free kick they were given when they scored was bollocks. Same thing happens at every set piece, Christensen threw himself to the floor and the ref hadn’t blown his whistle for 2 seconds, so he gave it. But if he’s giving that, then he’s giving a dozen free kicks and half a dozen pens every game.

D

Deleted member 4439

What I like is the non English comments of us cheating on social media, then ironically saying they want the biggest shithousers on the planet to win

It's understandable - Danes were the fairy-tale team whilst England is a 'large' nation. We'd react the same if Italy had won with that Sterling pen. It's a shame that it's gone this way, as even if we win on Sunday the team won't get the respect they deserve. Just hope we can turn up the performance to be seen as worthy winners.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

It's understandable - Danes were the fairy-tale team whilst England is a 'large' nation. We'd react the same if Italy had won with that Sterling pen. It's a shame that it's gone this way, as even if we win on Sunday the team won't get the respect they deserve. Just hope we can turn up the performance to be seen as worthy winners.
They never would have anyway. The excuses are already out from the bitter people. All our games at Wembley despite never complaining about a single host every other tournament.

We won our group, had our best performance in a foreign stadium and have not yet conceded from open play. We deserve to be in the final

SkyBlueDom26

What a fucking night that was!!! Had doubts about Southgate but he's got it bang on every game......now its time to bring it home!!!!

Nervous for Sunday already but confident we can beat Italy.

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
We need to get into their centre halves early doors, leave the studs on them.

Then slide tackle Vialli and get his sky blue suit jacket dirty.

Users who are viewing this thread