European championships 2020 thread (13 Viewers)

Otis

Italy have looked fragile when teams have gone at them but, conversely, lethal on the break. Difficult to know which way's best for us to go.
So true and Italy are fabulous on the break, so if we really went for it, they could kill us with counter attacks.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

So true and Italy are fabulous on the break, so if we really went for it, they could kill us with counter attacks.
Good job we’ve got Southgate then. No way will we push forward in numbers.

we need to counter shithouse them with cynical or tactical fouls when they break

Reactions: AOM

Evo1883

So much hate for England on twitter
giphy.gif

shmmeee

Guardian getting behind Britain and England, as per

Didn’t read the article I see?

“A night of unremitting tension dissolved into nonsensical fun and, having waited this long, who could really blame those trying to make sense of England enjoying luck and success at a major tournament?”

SBT

In fairness, that article isn't exactly an outrage machine:
A night of unremitting tension dissolved into nonsensical fun and, having waited this long, who could really blame those trying to make sense of England enjoying luck and success at a major tournament?

Evo1883

The article wreaks of emerging bitterness

I especially loved this part where they dig at Ian Wright

Finally, one hour and eight minutes into the show, presenter Mark Pougatch announced: “Let’s talk about the football.”

But Wright could not. “It’s really hard to focus,” admitted a well-paid TV pundit. “I just want to watch the game.”

Sky Blue Pete

The article wreaks of emerging bitterness

I especially loved this part where they dig at Ian Wright

Finally, one hour and eight minutes into the show, presenter Mark Pougatch announced: “Let’s talk about the football.”

But Wright could not. “It’s really hard to focus,” admitted a well-paid TV pundit. “I just want to watch the game.”
Thought mark pougatch was poor last night as a pundit. Lineker much better

D

Deleted member 4439

Didn’t read the article I see?

“A night of unremitting tension dissolved into nonsensical fun and, having waited this long, who could really blame those trying to make sense of England enjoying luck and success at a major tournament?”

Ah, a bit of selective reading, well done.

"Criticism of English theatrics, or of the shameful booing of the Danish national anthem by some England fans before kickoff, was conspicuous by its absence."

Grendel

Ah, a bit of selective reading, well done.

"Criticism of English theatrics, or of the shameful booing of the Danish national anthem by some England fans before kickoff, was conspicuous by its absence."

Or

The half-hearted attempt at restraint and balance had been admirable in the circumstances but the pretence collapsed along with Raheem Sterling when winning the penalty that took England into their first major final for 55 years.

“There is very little contact, but I don’t care,” said ITV co-commentator Lee Dixon, suitably falling to pieces inside his own box.

ovduk78

I was never nervous watching last night even when Denmark scored and in extra time. I don't think Southgate should have taken Grealish off as Denmark were out on their feet in extra time and were there for the taking. I watched it on ITV but listened to Radio 5 commentary and whilst they wanted England to win they were fair especially Waddle, to me it's a real shame that he isn't involved in the England set up as he speaks a lot of sense. Italy will be a big test but are beatable. I don't think I'll see many Scots out today wanting to talk about the football :LOL:🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

CCFCSteve

Great win ! If a bit nervier than I’d have liked…City and England rarely make it comfortable/enjoyable !

The team showed great character. Thought the ref leant towards them (pen aside) so not sure why the Twitter whining ! The last 15 of normal time and ET we controlled it better than I’ve seen any England team I’ve seen in years….the keep ball at the end was amazing

Good rule knowledge about Denmark mini wall for their goal by the way. Didn’t know/never spotted that. Learn something new every day !

Come on England !

Users who are viewing this thread