European championships 2020 thread (8 Viewers)

COV

First signs that after that early onslaught we are getting a bit… over anxious

looks like croatia are happy to sit and wait, bit worried about that, there is no panic at all. We need to stay focussed and not start getting desperate

Liquid Gold

Get fucked you condescending twat.

This is exactly why your version of politics is being rejected.

'Your dirt' 'You scumbag'

Absolutely pathetic. What a coward you are.
Do your fucking nazi salute if you’re not a coward then. Let’s see you put your money where your c**t mouth is

Brighton Sky Blue

First signs that after that early onslaught we are getting a bit… over anxious

looks like croatia are happy to sit and wait, bit worried about that, there is no panic at all. We need to stay focussed and not start getting desperate

They’ve just started pressing us playing out from the back, we’re our own biggest problem doing that

Reactions: COV

Nick

Administrator
Go on the I’ll bite for tour and nicks dog shit embarassing analogy.

The nazi salute was created by Hitler and the Nazis and brought the popularity as their party rose to prominence and committed some of the worst atrocities mankind and experienced. Nazi salute = bad.

Taking the knee was started in the NFL to raise awareness for racial inequality (which everyone knows exists and cannot really argue against). It was then taken up by the wider spirits community after the murder or George floyd to further raise awareness and protest systemic racism across the world. This is what the fucking England players and the England manager continue to explain the gesture is protesting.
Taking the knee = good.

Both of your shit analogies is like saying the England flag or Union Jack is racist and should be booed because you know some racists who use it. *insert some pathetic argument about kittens and the England flag*

Yeah but it isn't about the gesture, it's about the message.

Taking the knee was brought into the UK game because of BLM which is why people have an issue with it. IF it was to show solidarity with the NFL they would have done it much sooner. It isn't hard to see why people link this with BLM which is very much political and boo it. Taking the knee in England has absolutely nothing to do with the NFL.

People saw BLM as political, let's not pretend everything wasn't BLM but then there was a back track when it came out about some of the political beliefs. This is why people in the UK link BLM to taking the knee regardless of statements put out.

This is why some people disagree with the gesture and not the message, people will actually be racist and disagree with both though. You just call everybody racist though.

Surely it is pretty straight forward to see that? Just aimlessly shouting racist at everybody is probably just as ignorant as some of the people booing.

However, I wouldn't boo it. The same as I wouldn't boo a national anthem or if it was a religious statement from Hindu or Catholic etc. I can not agree etc without having to start booing like a gimp.

COV

They’ve just started pressing us playing out from the back, we’re our own biggest problem doing that

maybe the age is to our disadvantage- if we don’t score we might get twitchy and desperate- they look calm and ready.
Having said that I definitely think we’ve got the beating of them if we get the intensity back.

Ccfcisparks

Yeah but it isn't about the gesture, it's about the message.

Taking the knee was brought into the UK game because of BLM which is why people have an issue with it. IF it was to show solidarity with the NFL they would have done it much sooner. It isn't hard to see why people link this with BLM which is very much political and boo it. Taking the knee in England has absolutely nothing to do with the NFL.

This is why some people disagree with the gesture and not the message, people will actually be racist and disagree with both though. You just call everybody racist though.

Surely it is pretty straight forward to see that?
I’d imagine for a large amount of booers that is certainly not the reason.

COV

They have the experience and the know how, we’re playing their game now. Need intensity or we’ll end up chasing shadows for the next 60 mins

Brighton Sky Blue

maybe the age is to our disadvantage- if we don’t score we might get twitchy and desperate- they look calm and ready.
Having said that I definitely think we’ve got the beating of them if we get the intensity back.

They’re much more experienced, but they haven’t handled the more direct/pacy stuff as well.

robbiekeane

Taking the knee was brought into the UK game because of BLM
Incorrect. It was brought to the UK game to protest the systemic racism in the world highlighted by the murder or George floyd.

Now that that’s cleared up you can stop getting angry by it and you can agree it shouldn’t be booed.

(I’ll ignore the nonsense about solidarity with the NFL or whatever you’re suggesting I was trying to say)

TomRad85

I’d imagine for a large amount of booers that is certainly not the reason.
Nah I think that's rubbish in all honesty. I don't think we have a bunch of white supremacists following us around and I'm sure if we did literally any other anti racism gesture it wouldn't be booed.
Maybe we should try it, then we can find out for sure if everyone is a big old racist or not.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

COV

Nah I think that's rubbish in all honesty. I don't think we have a bunch of white supremacists following us around and I'm sure if we did literally any other anti racism gesture it wouldn't be booed.
Maybe we should try it, then we can find out for sure if everyone is a big old racist or not.

ffs don’t you start as well 🤪

Ccfcisparks

You would think it’s rubbish though because you disagree with taking the knee

Users who are viewing this thread