England World Cup Qualifying Thread (6 Viewers)

D

Deleted member 11652

We will/ should win but we are playing just 4 attack minded players against Albania .
Against good sides he will play 7 defensive players

With the squad available I’m not sure what else he could have done. Is there much difference between ward prowse and Phillips? Wait till the euros when it’s 5 at the back plus rice and Henderson

Evo1883

With the squad available I’m not sure what else he could have done. Is there much difference between ward prowse and Phillips? Wait till the euros when it’s 5 at the back plus rice and Henderson
Frankly it's a depressing thought ...I've just listened to him talk about Albania and you'd think we were playing Holland

He's not nor has he ever been a good enough manager for this job imo

"If you want to be a top side you've got to come to places like this and dictate the game " it's Albania , we are expected to dictate the game Gareth

Ccfcisparks

Lad upfront for Albania could be a potential striker on loan for us. At Vitesse on loan from Chelsea where hes scored 9 in 23. 6ft 3 and looks like he can move half decent. Think hes the sort of player we should be looking at and could maybe happen.

Sky Blue Harry H

Rubbish stuff from England so far v Albania- pointless having Phillips on in this game (together with Rice) , when you need a creative player on. Maguire on a slow pitch looks so ponderous knocking it around with Stones. Rant over/

David O'Day

We're perfectly set up to just play the ball about in front of the Albanian defence without really troubling them so far.

Evo1883

Over 400 passes this half so far and 5 shots to show for it
Really poor to watch

Should be 2 nil

Hutch11

We need a forward thinking adventurous manager that won't play 2 holding midfielders every feckin game

Evo1883

Looks like we switched to a 4231 in the later stages of that half .

You can't be pleased with the first 35 , very slow with little urgency .

Need a proper central midfield player to get hold of the ball and drive forward .

Poor but very Southgate esc performance so far

Brighton Sky Blue

England and Southgate really are an international CCFC.

Note: this does not equate Biamou to Kane, perhaps McF to Maguire.

Evo1883

Even if Robins did he’d probably ignore them like Gareth
I doubt it mate , respect your opinion though
giphy.gif

Evo1883

Commentators talking rubbish ..England have always breezed past sides like this in the last 20 years or so ..it was only recently Denmark took 4 points off us , the teams that have a bit more about them England tend to struggle partly because it's very negative too often and plays into their hands , 1 win v Belgium and Spain since 2018 but we've lost to Belgium 3 times , Spain, Holland and Denmark in that time frame

Our record against good sides under Southgate is Shite

ccfctommy

I find the whole 'why are we playing two DMs' question a bit puzzleing to be honest. We have four attacking players and are comfortably winning. This is how we are playing in the Euros and we have one more competitive game after this.

Users who are viewing this thread