England World Cup Qualifying Thread (8 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

People know my feelings about world class today as opposed to world class 15 years ago .. this kind of proves that .
Neither to me are world class
Read my post mate. I didn’t say they were world class now but they have the potential to be in the future.

Liquid Gold

Get watching them mate some real top players there. Grealish and Foden are going to be world class players.
Grealish is 25, is he going to be like Lingard who is promising forever. Foden has potential for sure. The other ones you mentioned would get nowhere near a top quality international team. Imagine if Declan Rice was Spanish.

Paxman II

This is boring. San marino for goodness sake and here we are passing it sideways, backwards, probing instead of chucking it in the box every time where calvert-lewin would love the chance to get a goal. It's just too much respect to amateurs. We should be coring at will and 8 nil up by now. These games are so pathetic. But even against this lot England look too stiff and serious. We will never win anything while we have this stiffling bunch of coahing and managers towing the FA line. Can't watch it. Look forward to Poland where we will lose most likely.

Evo1883

Grealish is 25, is he going to be like Lingard who is promising forever. Foden has potential for sure. The other ones you mentioned would get nowhere near a top quality international team. Imagine if Declan Rice was Spanish.
Rodri plays that role for Spain now I believe unless busquets still plays internationally

I used to say , if Ashley Cole was Italian he'd be regarded by many as an all time great ...I mean to some he is ...but he was never truly appreciated by many England fans

Phenomenal left back

Ccfcisparks

Declan rice is a really good player, had a great season for West Ham and been a major catalyst in getting them into a battle for Europe.

Liquid Gold

Another fantastic prospect in Bellingham coming on
I'm old enough now to be sick of being England having so many prospects. Feel like the people of this country have goldfish memory and think "In 4 years time this team will be scary" in perpetuity and it never comes round.

We have 1 world class player in Kane, some decent prospects and, according to you, 1 25 year old prospect.

Evo1883

I'm old enough now to be sick of being England having so many prospects. Feel like the people of this country have goldfish memory and think "In 4 years time this team will be scary" in perpetuity and it never comes round.

We have 1 world class player in Kane, some decent prospects and, according to you, 1 25 year old prospect.

Do you remember when we had a side full of world class players and still couldn't win nothing .. tragedy really

Ccfcisparks

Given that you admitted you don’t watch Premier League football, I’m taking your comment with a pinch of salt.

Liquid Gold

Do you remember when we had a side full of world class players and still couldn't win nothing .. tragedy really
The golden generation was a couple of top CDs way too many great CMs that we tried to force into the team then average bit part players. In WC 2006 we played Paul Robinson, Joe Cole, Gary Neville, Owen Hargreaves, Aaron Lennon, Peter Crouch etc.

Liquid Gold

Given that you admitted you don’t watch Premier League football, I’m taking your comment with a pinch of salt.
It's fair enough, I'm taking it with a pinch of salt too but it's just the same stuff you hear about England teams every 4 years and it never comes though.

D

Deleted member 11652

Sterling is world class for me. To me that means they would get into any team in the world and I think Sterling does. Kane probably does other than Bayern too.

SBAndy

This is boring. San marino for goodness sake and here we are passing it sideways, backwards, probing instead of chucking it in the box every time where calvert-lewin would love the chance to get a goal. It's just too much respect to amateurs. We should be coring at will and 8 nil up by now. These games are so pathetic. But even against this lot England look too stiff and serious. We will never win anything while we have this stiffling bunch of coahing and managers towing the FA line. Can't watch it. Look forward to Poland where we will lose most likely.

Absolute waffle. We’ve created about 20 chances so far.

Liquid Gold

One good thing is players heading to different countries. We've always suffered from a lack of experience of different playing cultures so hopefully more get out there instead of taking the inflated PL wages.

Could do with a couple in Italy and Spain instead of just Germany though.

Ccfcisparks

Sterling is world class for me. To me that means they would get into any team in the world and I think Sterling does. Kane probably does other than Bayern too.
Henderson also very underrated for me too. Not saying he’d get in every team in the world but there would be few teams he’d make worse.

Evo1883

England 2004 had plenty of world class talent problem is so did the other top teams Screenshot_20210325-210327_Google.jpg

Ccfcisparks

They were better in 2000 and 98 tbh ...this was the end of their golden generation but still a good side

Had a Frightening team in 98
I wish I got to see the best of Zidane. There’s so many players you can get a taste of through highlight clips but still feel like I’m not getting the full experience

Evo1883

I wish I got to see the best of Zidane. There’s so many players you can get a taste of through highlight clips but still feel like I’m not getting the full experience
Was better than Ronaldinho for me ..or was better for longer is the best way to put it

Elegant brilliance

Sbarcher

Their keeper MotM for me so far.

Ccfcisparks

How old are you mate

Brazilian ronaldo was a god in my eyes ...unreal player
I’ve just turned 23, so I’d say my first real season of watching would have been around 2006/07

from what I’ve seen Ronaldo had similar problems with attitude and fitness like Ronaldinho, guess it’s a common theme with South American’s.

Users who are viewing this thread