EFL to end season this week - City likely to be promoted (9 Viewers)

Grendel

We go up. Villa go down. They can't afford to keep O'Hare. We sign him. We win the Playoff final next year against Villa with O'Hare scoring the winner.
It's a certainty.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Special Brew all dayer?

Magwitch

On a purely selfish note I hope they do straight ppg and Wycombe come up. We always beat them and that would be 1 of the relegation spots taken up. Can't see Akinfenwa getting much in the Championship.
Surely if it does go to ppg that’s the only way to do it whether they promote third place or have play-offs another thing, these theories of who’s played who and when and how many home or away is rubbish to be honest, take us only lost three and two of those defeats against teams in the bottom eight. As for Peterborough’s chairman bleating on it’s based simply on under ppg Wycombe replace Posh in the play-off spots.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

I don't see this as some gotcha, they were in good form actually in the playoff places and the season has finished early. Fair play to him for backing his team.
He said it in January and was always setting himself up for a massive fall if they didn’t.

Irish Sky Blue

You're talking about the 30s and 50s. You can't do that with the off the field stuff because there is literally no comparison. Gates wise, who knows how many would have turned up if we were playing in Northampton ... and there has been more choice in entertainment and social mobility over the last seven decades, so again comparisons are awkward. I wasn't born 70 years ago, so have no match day experience of those times. However, the last few seasons have been almost bi-polar with ups and downs, and I've personally enjoyed them more than the endless rut of trying to avoid relegation, season after season.

If you're talking on the pitch, getting relegated in 2017 was a downer yes, but it was the same year we took our biggest ever crowd to Wembly. We won a cup, not an important one perhaps, but it's the only piece of silverware my kids have seen us lift. We bounced back the following year with an entertaining but nail biting season, and another Wembly appearance.

So yeah I get currently we are in libo off the pitch with shit owners ... but team spirit and potential wise, we're proably more on the up since we "got off the treadmill".
We had 55K at Wembley for the Charity Shield.

Evo1883

Have stayed away from almost all social media for several weeks now, a lot of it was to hide away from the reality of what's been happening around the world, but another part of me was dreading us missing out on promotion, just didn't want to read or hear anything about it... However ... Hopefully we all get the news we hope for over the course of the next couple weeks.. PUSB

Legia Sky Blue

Let’s hear a better idea then Darragh

He is sticking up for his club and fighting for their best interests - that is admirable. But for our run immediately prior to the break it could have been us in the play offs instead and I would like to think that our owners would have been fighting as hard for our club's interests in the same circumstances. Equally its important that SISU fight tooth and nail to ensure there is no null and void outcome, or any dodgy mathematical calculation that doesn't have us as Champions if our league is abandoned.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

But one League One chairman told SunSport he thinks some clubs will err towards the null and void option.

He said: “It’s only the clubs who are in promotion positions or ones with a chance that want the season to continue.

“Others with nothing much to play for and ones that are under threat of relegation are happy to cancel the season now.”

League One and Two to be called off next week with EFL clubs facing uncertain future
If you read that quote you’ll see it’s the sun putting words in his mouth. That chairman just wants the season over. Nothing about null and void

Happy_Martian

Would be great to play them again

Cov, Villa and Brum in the same league and with there still being a chance we're at Stans next season, the West Mids Police will be on full Brown Alert.

Magwitch

He is sticking up for his club and fighting for their best interests - that is admirable. But for our run immediately prior to the break it could have been us in the play offs instead and I would like to think that our owners would have been fighting as hard for our club's interests in the same circumstances. Equally its important that SISU fight tooth and nail to ensure there is no null and void outcome, or any dodgy mathematical calculation that doesn't have us as Champions if our league is abandoned.
MacAnthony is full of blarney starting with his “investing in Coventry” thoughts and wittering on regarding re-starting the season as opposed to ppg, which coincidently puts Peterborough out the play-off spots, perhaps he should look at his re-appointment of Darren Ferguson as a reason Posh are floundering in sixth spot.

lord_garrincha

If the top 3 do go up... expect poor seasons from some of the 'bigger' 4 to 8 placed teams.

If they hadn't been promoted after 44 games and P/Os... then the realisation that they are not good enough kicks in and changes are made... now these clubs have an excuse to fall back on, and may not address their issues over the summer (if that is even possible!).

This is why I expect Ipswich to be above most of them, in that they realised they were crap before March and they will have to change it up.

Colin Steins Smile

There are reports that the FA are pressuring the EFL to ensure there is promotion and relegation, so whilst the clubs in Div 1 & 2 will probably agree to ending the season, the key decision is deciding the final positions.
I personally think that is PPG is offered with a correction factor for home and away is introduced with top 2 automatic promotion and the next 4 playing off at a neutral venue, then that has the best chance of getting agreement

OffenhamSkyBlue

If the season ends now, i don't see that they will have any play-offs. Will either be top 2 only (however the positions are decided, but corrected PPG seems fairest) or top 3. Which of those are chosen probably depends on which way the EFL/FA think the Court for Arbitration for Sport will see it (but based on previous performances by them, you might as well flip a coin!)

Sky Blue Pete

There are reports that the FA are pressuring the EFL to ensure there is promotion and relegation, so whilst the clubs in Div 1 & 2 will probably agree to ending the season, the key decision is deciding the final positions.
I personally think that is PPG is offered with a correction factor for home and away is introduced with top 2 automatic promotion and the next 4 playing off at a neutral venue, then that has the best chance of getting agreement
Me too

Sky Blue Pete

MacAnthony is full of blarney starting with his “investing in Coventry” thoughts and wittering on regarding re-starting the season as opposed to ppg, which coincidently puts Peterborough out the play-off spots, perhaps he should look at his re-appointment of Darren Ferguson as a reason Posh are floundering in sixth spot.
What he doesn’t add is that the mighty sky blues top the last 6 and last 8 and last 10 and last 33 tables. So ppg accounted for home and away potentially is the fairest way and whatever fair method you go by you better pump it up

Happy_Martian

Just seen on Twitter a comment that any proposed legals won't hold water due to "Force Majeure" or "Act of God". Any legally minded folks care to pass comment on this ? Are the threats of action just hot air ?

Happy_Martian

View attachment 15028 View attachment 15028
Max has put this on his Instagram - read into that what you will

Success-Quotes-71.png

Users who are viewing this thread