EFL to end season this week - City likely to be promoted (7 Viewers)

clint van damme

Voided and is crowned champions ? Or just all voided ?

He just said voided and some method bought in to decide the outcomes. He mentioned home and away PPG which would be slightly different to PPG but I'd imagine we'd still be champuons
Though in my previous post to that I quoted the Forest Green chairman who said he expected the season to be completed so who knows what's going on!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Legally I'm pretty sure void means it is expunged from the records as if it didn't happen. The distinction comes on whether something is void or voidable (which means someone has the choice to void something or not but if they do it is treated as if it never happened)

So if it were voided then it would be taken to have never happened and thus promotion/relegation based upon it wouldn't be possible.

clint van damme

Legally I'm pretty sure void means it is expunged from the records as if it didn't happen. The distinction comes on whether something is void or voidable (which means someone has the choice to void something or not but if they do it is treated as if it never happened)

So if it were voided then it would be taken to have never happened and thus promotion/relegation based upon it wouldn't be possible.

Well I think I must have misquoted him.because he spoke of the league been decided using home and away PPG.
Like I said, that's a total contradiction of what the Forest Green chairman said earlier so I doubt anyone really knows

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Well I think I must have misquoted him.because he spoke of the league been decided using home and away PPG.
Like I said, that's a total contradiction of what the Forest Green chairman said earlier so I doubt anyone really knows

Maybe. Or he did use the term but incorrectly. Everyone at times uses terms that aren't exactly what they mean (I do it all the time)

cc84cov

Think someone needs to explain to him what voided means.

Next time @chiefdave make sure you fully understand the meaning of the word you quoted means pal before trying to beg likes ending up looking silly lol ;)

Paxman II

I recall in the days of the pools panel, they would describe a match as 'void' meaning it never took place (never played) so void from the pools match day coupon when you were checking your chances of getting some winnings.
Or another way to look at it, would be to say all matches involving Bury have been voided.

chiefdave

Next time @chiefdave make sure you fully understand the meaning of the word you quoted means pal before trying to beg likes ending up looking silly lol ;)
Er, the definition you've given there is what I thought it meant hence querying how it could both be voided and promotion decided on PPG.

lord_garrincha

Good to hear that the FA are insisting on relegation whether they play or not. Relegation amongst the EFL (Ch to L1, L1 to L2) should not be an issue as they remain in the EFL, albeit in a lower league... I doubt that there will be any L2 relegations on that basis. Just Barrow replacing Bury.

Big_Ben

I took it to mean that the remaining games would be voided i.e. the season finishes here, and the PPG for the season so far will decide the places. At least that's what makes most sense to me.

Philosorapter

Good to hear that the FA are insisting on relegation whether they play or not. Relegation amongst the EFL (Ch to L1, L1 to L2) should not be an issue as they remain in the EFL, albeit in a lower league... I doubt that there will be any L2 relegations on that basis. Just Barrow replacing Bury.

It's unfortunate to say but I do hope there is relegation from the EFL on the basis of the league pyramid which links the sport together from the top teams to the grassroots. It's the difference between the FA Cup and the League Cup.

I would expect there to be a cut off point somewhere down to the pyramid where leagues have been abandoned and there is no way this can be successfully be done.

I'm guessing the last thing a lot of people want to see would be the sport morphing into a setup like American Football.

Sbarcher

That misquote was avoidable.

Philosorapter

Yes, it's called 'Sticko'.

Edit: Sticko doesn't look at the future games to be played and gives an estimate but it values every game which has already been played and gives a final table based on those results.

steph: The Stephenson Rating System in PlayerRatings: Dynamic Updating Methods for Player Ratings Estimation

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/PlayerRatings/vignettes/AFLRatings.pdf

Here's the chronology.

Chess rating system - Wikipedia

Last edited:

steve cooper

I get the feeling that more and more people who basically oppose the idea of cancellation / deciding promotion are now accepting it, some are suggesting tweaks which they see as making things more fair but virtually no-one thinks we shouldn't be promoted.

jordan210

Does anyone actually know when the meeting is.

I can narrow it down to a few days. but no one actually seams to have any idea.

Today
Tomorrow
Tomorrow and Thursday

skyblueinBaku

Does anyone actually know when the meeting is.

I can narrow it down to a few days. but no one actually seams to have any idea.

Today
Tomorrow
Tomorrow and Thursday
I'm sure that I read somewhere that there will be 2 meetings (or votes) - tomorrow and Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread