Dom Hyam - Blackburn bid ? (2 Viewers)

Ian1779

JCS and Maatsen are far better than Panzo, Doyle and Tayo, throw Hyam into the mix too.

Palmer did ok yesterday, I wasn't as impressed as some.

Only 1 of the 4 signings (Panzo) would get the first 11 if all were fit, and we've lost 3 players (Hyam, JCS & Maatsen) who would start week in week out.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
But you are making a comparison of 46 games vs 3 games. Let at least see where they are after 20 games rather than just writing them off right now.

stupot07

But you are making a comparison of 46 games vs 3 games. Let at least see where they are after 20 games rather than just writing them off right now.
To be fair, with regards the defensive loans even Mark Robins has publicly said it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Offhegoes

I would argue based on the first 3 games that Bidwell is probably better than Maatsen. Less flair of course but more solid. Panzo possibly better than JCS.
Bit on the fence re: Hyam. The fee could allow us to keep the big 3 until Jan. at least Chance for Rose to step up. Doyle looked good on Sat, but if he comes in , Panzo has to move to the central role.
Hyam’s done great with us, but he’s replaceable, we have conceded soft goals since 2020.

Grendel

I would argue based on the first 3 games that Bidwell is probably better than Maatsen. Less flair of course but more solid. Panzo possibly better than JCS.
Bit on the fence re: Hyam. The fee could allow us to keep the big 3 until Jan. at least Chance for Rose to step up. Doyle looked good on Sat, but if he comes in , Panzo has to move to the central role.
Hyam’s done great with us, but he’s replaceable, we have conceded soft goals since 2020.

Panzo looked poor in the last two games

mark82

People were adamant this was a better window - loans are definitely poorer - I know palmer got a lot of credit yesterday but he’s a high risk signing. Our bench included two players we are openly trying to move on.

Don't think Palmer's ability has ever been in doubt, it's fitness that concerns.

SlowerThanPlatt

"Our initial approach to Coventry City in July was met with a clear message that he was not for sale, however, when it became apparent this week that their stance had changed, we had no hesitation in making Dom our third permanent signing."

steve101

I think we need an experienced centre back in the middle of the 3 that is strong in the air. Panzo is good on the ball and relatively quick so suits LCB. We have gone from having no LCB (before JCS) to three (including Bidwell) and one Rose RCB. A couple of injuries and / or suspensions and we will back to Dabo or Sheaf, unless G Burroughs and McGrath are thrown in.

hill83

Gutted he’s gone, but would also be all over a good “WHO?” if I was them.

Loving this season so far.

shepardo01

Seems like it was a quick fire deal to get cash in then if our stance only changed this week.

Said this earlier - feel more to come..(well, go!)
Couple of things here.
- Hyam sale - feels like a "take anything we need cash" deal.
We know MR had no say.
- if we need cash - fully expect another departure before window closes.

Now - if you were Vik, with the way we have started the season in all ways, what are you saying/feeling??

As a result of the above - I'd say clubs/agents will be alerted to the situation around the Hyam sale...

Think we know what is coming- and it is not the title of this thread....

stgeorge1966

Heard this morning that Blackburn bid 2.5m to be paid over 3 years but SISU needed cash asap due to no home games and pitch repairs so took 1.5m straight cash 🤔 makes sense I suppose

Users who are viewing this thread