Match Thread Derby match thread (3 Viewers)

Magwitch1

Need to stop giving needless free-kicks away MR needs to have a word in Hamers ear his little off the ball nudges do us no favours.

higgs

he scored the majority of their goals in the last run - we struggle with the second ball - our passing touch has not been as good in the last 3 games even Hamer
Stick Kyle on Richards and we should be okay

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Frostie

Really is we need the points if we end up in the bottom three I fear we will stay there.
Winning starts today.
PUSB

Impossible to be in the bottom 3 whatever the result today & we've only spent 3 days in the bottom 3 all season, despite having much tougher games than our relegation rivals.

There's still a quarter of the season to go so yes, it's a huge game (they all are now) but nothing is 'must win' at this stage.

Colin Steins Smile

I really hope that we’ve addressed defending the back post in training this week. I’m losing count of the number of opportunities that the opposition teams get against us from set pieces.

Nick

Administrator
Osti to hammer Waghorn early doors.

Yep as FP says, try and play off the second balls and pick them up. We need Jack Finch in to do a job.

Reactions: AOM

AOM

Nervous now. Really need one of those Brentford like performances where we go all out from the off

Briles

Key will be keeping their right side quiet. Need Mcallum to be aggressive.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Both teams need to win this. We are certainly capable of doing so Derby are nothing special. Got to start taking chances and to stop making stupid needless mistakes.

If it is Biamou and Walker up front with the ball sent long more regularly then Biamou has to stay more central and Walker needs to buzz around him to pick up pieces. Have operated separately usually with Biamou going wide and Walker waiting for the clever ball to put him through that never comes.

Above all cut the stupid mistakes out in defence and midfield

Score draw I think

Liquid Gold

I think there is a positive feeling in the camp today
Don't expect many changes to starting 11 but one or two better options from the bench
Why does there have to be a positive feeling for him to use the bench. Did someone just drop a stinker in the changing room on Tuesday so he wanted to punish them?

stupot07

Walker would not be the lone 'man up top' in that formation. The idea is support comes forward with him 90 % of the time with some pace from Allen and O'Hare buzzing around him, and hamer lurking for any loose ball. That way we are a threat. Lumping it long is not our style, whether that's with two up top of one.
Lets face it one or two players playing themselves to fitness and will get better each game (Dabo,Kelly, Rose) But equally some fresh legs would be useful energy to have (Allen) Less tiring on Hamer too, pushing him more forward as he is a threat in or around the box. They can rotate from midfield....James move forward, Hamer remain back, and vis a versa. Get service to Walker around the box and he will score as will Godden. You have to get players and the ball in the box to score.

Not have a pop at you, just a general point about playing a lone man, whoever it is. But if you playing one up front, you've got to have players running in behind them. This rarely happens, even O'Hare who has been brilliant does all his work in front of the striker between the opposition midfield and defense.

We've seen time and again this season, the lone striker being isolated and having to do all their work with the back to the goal. Even Hamer who always looks our most likely goal threat from midfield, has most of his chances from pot shots 18+ yards away from goal.

Whilst going long isn't our style, we aren't good enough to breakteams down when we play a slower build up play, especially when teams get men behind the ball. We really lack proper pace in all areas of the pitch.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Gregbant

Quite nervous about today. Not felt like that this season until now. I have a feeling today will determine which direction the rest of our season goes. Really hoping to avoid defeat!

Liquid Gold

Not have a pop at you, just a general point about playing a lone man, whoever it is. But if you playing one up front, you've got to have players running in behind them. This rarely happens, even O'Hare who has been brilliant does all his work in front of the striker between the opposition midfield and defense.

We've seen time and again this season, the lone striker being isolated and having to do all their work with the back to the goal. Even Hamer who always looks our most likely goal threat from midfield, has most of his chances from pot shots 18+ yards away from goal.

Whilst going long isn't our style, we aren't good enough to breakteams down when we play a slower build up play, especially when teams get men behind the ball. We really lack proper pace in all areas of the pitch.

As shit as he's been this season the only midfielder we have that gets beyond the striker regularly is Shipley. Allen a little bit.

stupot07

Form table last 6. Big game today. We need to keep that pack above us in reach and in the mix.
3595aa85286f3a37e255ba492344d996.jpg

Evo1883

I've come to the conclusion have no fucking idea what to expect...
I actually think we may lose this, I've been thinking about it for a couple days and can't shake the feeling.

AFCCOVENTRY

Quite nervous about today. Not felt like that this season until now. I have a feeling today will determine which direction the rest of our season goes. Really hoping to avoid defeat!

We are in a relegation fight and it’s only dawning on some fans. Today is a massive game. We should be beating the likes of Derby at home if we want to stay in this league. Draw isn’t great but the minimum.

clint van damme

We are in a relegation fight and it’s only dawning on some fans. Today is a massive game. We should be beating the likes of Derby at home if we want to stay in this league. Draw isn’t great but the minimum.

I'm not sure that's true.

cov donkey kick

Nervy right now can't see walker being 1 up top can only see him up front as a pair when fit matt alongside him might be worth giving Victor along side him, but think max will start. I don't care who starts as long as we win as the more distance from the bottom 3 the better.

Users who are viewing this thread