Match Thread Derby Match Thread (2 Viewers)

BornSlippySkyBlue

Comparing Baka to Akinfenwa or suggesting he can do a similar job is absolute garbage 🤣
Not quite what was said. If you were trying to find a player (out of our squad) to offer a physical presence in the box, who would you use?

Sky Blue Harry H

Not quite what was said. If you were trying to find a player (out of our squad) to offer a physical presence in the box, who would you use?

Osti - all day - although he'd rack up a record number of conceded free-kicks! Think there's a Nordic warrior lurking just beneath the surface of that lad.

Grendel

If you had to choose two strikers in the Championship out of max, Baka and Akinfenwa who would you choose?

Max and Baka for me.

So you are trying to compare their merits against a 38 year old whose never played in the championship

Gibbo

I'd accept, but would be disappointed with, a draw.

Derby have got to win sometime and regardless of what you think of Rooney, he will probably get some sort of 'new manager bounce, so this is not an easy game.

I'd like to see MacCallum back, freeing Giles to maraude down the left. But in some ways I don't care what defensive or attacking partnerships he goes for as long as he plays the midfield 3 of Hamer - Sheaf - Kelly at the start.

Strictly speaking - although it is highly unlikely - we should fancy our chances of a win in every one of the next 6 games.....

Yorkshire SB

They can't be half as bad as they're playing. The squad is v similar to last season where they were top half.

Confidence will be low, so hopefully we can capitalise on that.

Londonccfcfan

1-2 Coventry. Walker

Manager has so many options, no one on here can predict what hes got up his sleeve tonight.

No idea who he will play but i reckon he will use his 5 subs wisely and change re jig formation slightly to suit.

Good chance Max wont even start.

johnwillomagic

Right I'll have a stab at the team - I think this game will be tougher than most predict I think it will be a 1-1 draw.
Think MR will probably revert to 4 at the back and go 4 -2-3-1 again think quite a few players bought back.

Wilson

Dabo Osti Hyam McCallum

Kelly Sheaf

O'Hare Hamer Giles

Walker

Subs: Camp, Fadz, Pask, Shipley, Allen, Jobello, Baka, Biamou, Bapaga

Reactions: AOM

KenilworthSkyBlue

Just had a quick read of their forum and it's pretty bleak.

Apparently their goal against Wycombe was Derby's first goal from open play for 17 and a half hours.

Frostie

Just had a quick read of their forum and it's pretty bleak.

Apparently their goal against Wycombe was Derby's first goal from open play for 17 and a half hours.

It's the only goal they scored in the whole of November, in fact they have only scored 6 all season & only 2 of those were from open play. Jack Marriott got the other back in September & he isn't even with the club anymore.
3 direct free kicks (Waghorn 2, Rooney 1) & 1 scrambled shot when another free kick was blocked.

All that said, I've seen the highlights from Saturday & they actually looked good first half but Wycombe were probably better team in the 2nd.

Despite their horrendous form they have somehow managed to beat Norwich whilst Bournemouth only just scraped a late equaliser against them.

I think Rooney will try & make them more attacking but in doing so might open them up defensively. I think they'll try & start fast again so let's soak it up & counter.

Fancy us to win 1-0

They can't be half as bad as they're playing. The squad is v similar to last season where they were top half.

Confidence will be low, so hopefully we can capitalise on that.

My mate's been a season ticket holder at Derby for years and reckons they're going down if they don't get this big money takeover done before Jan.

The difference to last season is that they've lost Chris Martin who was their focal point in attack.
They've been useless going forward all season with no-one being able to hold the ball up top but Colin Kazim-Richards showed glimpses of it in his first start for Derby against Wycombe. If we can keep tabs on him we should be fine tonight. Famous last words...

Sky Blue Harry H

what, youthink it will happen?

No - that's why I'm offering you the bet!

P.S. If it does happen, I'll buy the first round at The Roost when we're allowed back (if Grendel will lend me a few of his millions)

Sky Blue Harry H

Over on the Derby forum, one of the best poster's names I've come across in a while....

JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

Take a bow, sir 👏👏👏

SleepyGinger

The 2 games we’ve played a back 4 we created nothing. Means sticking round pegs in square holes. Our wingbacks were our best outlet vs Norwich, stick to the 532 or 5221.

Bugsy

why not be positive 3 game unbeaten run and facing bottom of the league
4-2 Skyblues

(runs and hides)

Barnsley

What a massive game this is, it’s a must win to any fan or manager of a football team, Derby are really poor and are there for the taking, unfortunately just about the only person ever to have watched a football match and think Derby away they’re dog shit, they’ve only won once, they have 7 points and are below a team docked 6 points, it’s a mustn’t lose game, I’ll set up for a point, is your manager.

Ccfcisparks

What a massive game this is, it’s a must win to any fan or manager of a football team, Derby are really poor and are there for the taking, unfortunately just about the only person ever to have watched a football match and think Derby away they’re dog shit, they’ve only won once, they have 7 points and are below a team docked 6 points, it’s a mustn’t lose game, I’ll set up for a point, is your manager.
Just had an aneurism trying to understand that.

Gibbo

No - that's why I'm offering you the bet!

P.S. If it does happen, I'll buy the first round at The Roost when we're allowed back (if Grendel will lend me a few of his millions)
As I said, each of those games we could easily win. But it is very rare that you get a sequence of wins more than three. Let's face it if the Norwich right back had been in his proper position we would not have a three game unbeaten run. Thin margins.

Barnsley

Just had an aneurism trying to understand that.

Basically you’re manager is far too negative, instead of seeing this game as easy 3 points like every other manager in the league, he’ll see it as, if we lose Derby are 3 points closer to us, we better not lose. this approach will then give the worst team in the league a fighting chance against you. You should be going out to batter them but instead you’ll be trying not to lose.

Users who are viewing this thread