Match Thread Derby Match Thread (3 Viewers)

Magwitch

I’d return to the side we played against Cardiff, with a 4-5-1 against Derby, assuming Godden is not fit. I’d consider playing COH over Shipley (out wide) or Sheaf (centrally, he’s probably due a breather).

If Godden is fully fit again, 5-3-2 could a good option.

The likelihood is that Godden probably will be a couple weeks away from starting. Now Walker is playing well, there’s not the pressure to throw Godden in straight away when he returns from injury.
Wilson

Dabo
Ostigard
Mcfad
Hyam
Giles

Ohare
Kelly
Hamer

Biamou
Walker
Interesting ? I see a similar approach as the Norwich fixture , I think McCallum will come back and Giles pushed further her forward in Allen’s spot Walker in for Baka . Can’t see Sheaf not starting so between Hamer or O’Hare for the other spot.

Brighton Sky Blue

I’d agree with that this is one of those dangerous fixtures, on paper it looks like Derby are becoming the divisions whipping boys but they have the players to be a lot better and one day will click, would obviously love to win but not losing I’d take that.

That said we could do with breaking the away duck before Christmas!

Kilclines curly mullet

go three unbeaten including a win and an away point against top of the league... and you want to go back to playing the way we kept losing 🤷🏻‍♂️
no I don’t, but I feel we can beat Derby at present. They will come good at some point so to me this is a massive chance to build a gap. And the point against Norwich is lessened if we follow up with a loss against Derby.

robbiethemole

But as shown at Norwich we now have attacking options from the bench with 5 subs. We can’t let Derby into the game really.

Londonccfcfan

Looking at Sky Website, This game and next weeks Game vs Luton is on Sky live red button i think. Can someone confirm.

Reactions: vow

Londonccfcfan

Don't think this is going to be as easy some people think and even though Derby have struggled scoring, they seem to have their fair share of possession in most games.

6-0 to us. Biamou hatrick, Liam Kelly hatrick.

Cant remember the last time saw Kelly in opposition penalty area (pompy away). More chance our centre backs getting a hatrick!

But hes been immense last 3 games.

Jamesimus

Cant remember the last time saw Kelly in opposition penalty area (pompy away). More chance our centre backs getting a hatrick!

But hes been immense last 3 games.

I can't remember what game it was, think last season and he had three attempts on goal in decent positions and skyed all of them 🙃

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Can't approach this with any less care than we did Cardiff and Norwich. We can win this game (and a number of the ones after) but any form of complacency or expecting it to be easier and it'll bite us on the arse and probably worse than if we'd lost to Norwich because a team around us will have gained points as well.

BornSlippySkyBlue

See they’ve given Rooney full control of team selection now. Against Wycombe he dropped the kids and brought more experience in and they changed style a bit to go more direct — an attempt to ‘stop the rot’ (sound familiar?), which they did by not losing and also by scoring. So they’ve stopped a run of 4 losses with a draw and are looking to push on from there.

Akinfenwa came on for the second half and gave them a few problems, more so as Derby tired. Couldn’t deal with his physicality apparently. With that in mind, it wouldn’t surprise me to see Baka feature again in some capacity, and for us to look at finishing strong as they tire. Seems to have been Robins’ approach recently. Kazim-Richards was Derby’s main threat, and he went off second half, due to fitness I think.

So I’m going 1-2 to us with a late winner from Walker after Baka smashes a 30 yard volley for the opener (he’s never gonna get to 20 if he doesn’t crack on ;)).

87 n all that

See they’ve given Rooney full control of team selection now. Against Wycombe he dropped the kids and brought more experience in and they changed style a bit to go more direct — an attempt to ‘stop the rot’ (sound familiar?), which they did by not losing and also by scoring. So they’ve stopped a run of 4 losses with a draw and are looking to push on from there.

Akinfenwa came on for the second half and gave them a few problems, more so as Derby tired. Couldn’t deal with his physicality apparently. With that in mind, it wouldn’t surprise me to see Baka feature again in some capacity, and for us to look at finishing strong as they tire. Seems to have been Robins’ approach recently. Kazim-Richards was Derby’s main threat, and he went off second half, due to fitness I think.

So I’m going 1-2 to us with a late winner from Walker after Baka smashes a 30 yard volley for the opener (he’s never gonna get to 20 if he doesn’t crack on ;)).
If you had to choose two strikers in the Championship out of max, Baka and Akinfenwa who would you choose?

Max and Baka for me.

cc84cov

Their league position is bad but I still think it’s gonna be a close game head says 1-1 draw but if we set up correct we can beat them for sure.

BornSlippySkyBlue

If you had to choose two strikers in the Championship out of max, Baka and Akinfenwa who would you choose?

Max and Baka for me.
I agree. Main point was Akinfenwa gave them a hard time and they struggled with the physical side of his game. Not sure we have an equivalent, but Baka has to be the closest we’ve got to it. Maybe!

87 n all that

I agree. Main point was Akinfenwa gave them a hard time and they struggled with the physical side of his game. Not sure we have an equivalent, but Baka has to be the closest we’ve got to it. Maybe!
Akinfenwa always gives us problems but I wouldn’t want him in our squad. It would be constant hoof the ball to him. We’ve doubled up on him in the past and as long as we get the 2nd ball once he heads it we were ok. Wouldn’t want that style in our team. Baka just doesn’t use his physicality well enough or consistently enough but until at least January I think he’ll get some game time (likely off the bench).

BornSlippySkyBlue

Akinfenwa always gives us problems but I wouldn’t want him in our squad. It would be constant hoof the ball to him. We’ve doubled up on him in the past and as long as we get the 2nd ball once he heads it we were ok. Wouldn’t want that style in our team. Baka just doesn’t use his physicality well enough or consistently enough but until at least January I think he’ll get some game time (likely off the bench).
Hold on, not suggesting we copy Wycombe (or try and buy Akinfenwa!), was just a comment on what Derby struggled to cope with in their last game and was a reason why it wouldn’t surprise me to see Baka in the starting lineup. I think we’ll approach it similar to how we did against Norwich and look to capitalise on tired legs. Rather play Dabo up top than Akinfenwa!

87 n all that

Hold on, not suggesting we copy Wycombe (or try and buy Akinfenwa!), was just a comment on what Derby struggled to cope with in their last game and was a reason why it wouldn’t surprise me to see Baka in the starting lineup. I think we’ll approach it similar to how we did against Norwich and look to capitalise on tired legs. Rather play Dabo up top than Akinfenwa!
I know mate, I’m just saying about Akinfenwa (hope he doesn’t score against us) but MR will have to mix n match the strikers with so many games coming up and Godden being out indefinitely by the sound of it. I do think MR is shrewd and knows certain players might suit certain teams so think we’ll see Baka again. Walker to start tomoz for sure though.

Users who are viewing this thread