Match Thread Derby Match Thread (2 Viewers)

Barnsley

From what I have seen Barnsley are often going to be the victim of this given the style of play relies on extremely clinical finishing

We have over 15 shots a game most games, with only 4 or 5 on target, we don’t need to be extremely clinical half decent would do.

fatso

Tbf to MR he hasn't had the opportunity to pick a fully fit side yet this season, now that the players seem to have adjusted to the level, and tactics have been tweaked to stop us leaking goals for fun, it's no surprise to see us picking up points.
Now all we need is to field our first 11 and we will be a match for most teams in this league.

SlowerThanPlatt

We have over 15 shots a game most games, with only 4 or 5 on target, we don’t need to be extremely clinical half decent would do.

It is more about your forward quality then rather than being unlucky? You can be unlucky for a game or two but not consistently

Barnsley

It is more about your forward quality then rather than being unlucky? You can be unlucky for a game or two but not consistently

Definitely, our strikers are the best in the league at pressing and putting teams under pressure at the back, (defending from the front), but sticking the ball in the back of the net, which should be their number one priority is a bridge too far, they reduced the oppositions goal scoring chances down unbelievably, and we’d struggle defensively without them keeping the ball in the other half, but goals win games unfortunately strikers that can do both are £10M players at this level.

Sky Blue Harry H

Definitely, our strikers are the best in the league at pressing and putting teams under pressure at the back, (defending from the front), but sticking the ball in the back of the net, which should be their number one priority is a bridge too far, they reduced the oppositions goal scoring chances down unbelievably, and we’d struggle defensively without them keeping the ball in the other half, but goals win games unfortunately strikers that can do both are £10M players at this level.
You can buy Bakayoko in January - guaranteed 20 goals (cost you only half of that £10m- if you get in early, before the big boys come a calling🤔)

Happy_Martian

Just been on the Derby forum. Lots of pessimism over there but the predictions for tonight are a mixed bunch. Some hopeful, others complimentary about us.

Personally going with a Derby 2-1 win. We're not having the rub of refereeing decisions and while 4-1-4-1 looks like it's strengthened the defence, we're still struggling to get the ball in the net with 1 striker. Walker is getting his fitness and sharpness back but giving him one chance per game isn't enough. He needs support. Even playing Max as a holdup player has worked in the few occasions he's been on the pitch this season.

cc84cov

Just been on the Derby forum. Lots of pessimism over there but the predictions for tonight are a mixed bunch. Some hopeful, others complimentary about us.

Personally going with a Derby 2-1 win. We're not having the rub of refereeing decisions and while 4-1-4-1 looks like it's strengthened the defence, we're still struggling to get the ball in the net with 1 striker. Walker is getting his fitness and sharpness back but giving him one chance per game isn't enough. He needs support. Even playing Max as a holdup player has worked in the few occasions he's been on the pitch this season.
We won’t be going 2 up front tonight but who knows he might shock us

AFCCOVENTRY

Minimum a draw tonight but we should have the belief to get all 3 points tonight. Robins will recall a number of players into the starting line up today.

SkyBlueDom26

Minimum a draw tonight but we should have the belief to get all 3 points tonight. Robins will recall a number of players into the starting line up today.
Draw will be a poor result, need to get the 3 points tonight and we are definitely capable of doing so

Gibbo

my worry is we set up too defensive tonight
Whereas I hope we do set defensively for every away game. Three in front of three and nick a point. Hopefully, somewhere in the club's dna is a memory of countless bottom of the table clashes in the top tier.

As Fagin didn't sing "Got to pick a point up here..."

Grendel

It’s his mentality pal, it’s what he does in relegation scraps, he shits himself and hides behind a solid back 10.

Robins is a cautious manager regardless of positions. He has tried always to stop conceding first. This has been the problem up to the last few games. Now we are conceding less

Evo1883

Right I've jad a couple days to think, I initially said 2 nil city... And I now think we will win 2 nil still

Brighton Sky Blue

Tbf to MR he hasn't had the opportunity to pick a fully fit side yet this season, now that the players seem to have adjusted to the level, and tactics have been tweaked to stop us leaking goals for fun, it's no surprise to see us picking up points.
Now all we need is to field our first 11 and we will be a match for most teams in this league.

Sounds good let’s just unfracture Marosi’s face and get Jesus to heal Godden’s foot

cc84cov

Robins is a cautious manager regardless of positions. He has tried always to stop conceding first. This has been the problem up to the last few games. Now we are conceding less
We have to take the game to them they are a very poor side

SleepyGinger

For once I agree with you.

I do think this is a game where we should be utilising our usual formation. Their complete inability to score goals surely means we should be taking the fight to them and starting on the front foot.
[/QUOT
For once I agree with you.

I do think this is a game where we should be utilising our usual formation. Their complete inability to score goals surely means we should be taking the fight to them and starting on the front foot.

Agreed. I’d probably sacrifice sheaf for this game to go 2 up tops. 532

Dellboy87

Although they looked slightly better on Saturday they look a poor side with no creativity and goals in them. Should be going straight at them from the start but 100% expect a negative stifling performance from us until the last 20. Got 0-0 written all over it

D

Deleted member 2477

Anyone else excited about tonight ?
cannot wait, got s curry ordered and a few beers in the fridge. Feeling excited and hoping for 3 points

Users who are viewing this thread