Match Thread Derby Match Thread (2 Viewers)

87 n all that

I dont know how you can drop Giles after today, and for me he has to play left side.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
If McCallum comes back in then Giles can play further forward. Depends if Dabo needs a break. If he does I reckon he’ll play 3cb’s and wing backs. If not I think he’ll go flat back 4 and 5 in midfield. I’d like to see us play 2 strikers.

oakey

Pretty chilled at the moment about this. Let the lads enjoy their well earned point today.

I think whatever we set up against Derby we can beat them. We have a bit of belief now and it all started with that point against Birmingham. The fact we had an understudy in goal today and only conceded one in 3 games (which was dodgy) is great progress.

For the first time in weeks the tampons are staying well and truly in the bathroom cupboard.
You ruined what was a good post with that last sentence

SleepyGinger

I personally think we look much better in a back 5, gets be best out of Dabo and Giles. Don’t have good enough wingers to play a 4141. Think we would have got Atleast 2 draws against blues and Cardiff playing it too.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Tbh, looking at our next 4 games, we must be going for 10 points minimum.

Derby - W

Rotherham - W

Luton - D

Wycombe - W
Id take a draw against Rotherham because last season they just outplayed us but a win would be nice and Knowing us we will probably loose all 4 games

Garryb80

And to be honest I would not be surprised is Godden is on the bench injured or not he is better than Baka
Bakayoko played well yesterday imo. He won a lot of headers held it up well and pressed all game. People on here refuse to accept when he plays well. Woud i start him every game no but i will accept when he has a decent game

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Bakayoko played well yesterday imo. He won a lot of headers held it up well and pressed all game. People on here refuse to accept when he plays well. Woud i start him every game no but i will accept when he has a decent game
I do accept when he has a good game if I was able to watch it 😂 Im not the Grendel for Baka

stupot07

He was ok, he works hard which is a given and he did win more headers than usual, however he offered zero goal threat despite the amount of crosses and chances we created. His movement in the box isn't great.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Macca

Tbh, looking at our next 4 games, we must be going for 10 points minimum.

Derby - W

Rotherham - W

Luton - D

Wycombe - W

Be annoyed with any loss against that bunch but reality is with all that can happen in football is more likely 7 from 12

Brighton Sky Blue

Rotherham looked pretty handy yesterday, wouldn’t be disappointed with a draw from them. Derby is critical though to.make real distance from them. Won’t be a better time to play them

Mucca Mad Boys

I’d return to the side we played against Cardiff, with a 4-5-1 against Derby, assuming Godden is not fit. I’d consider playing COH over Shipley (out wide) or Sheaf (centrally, he’s probably due a breather).

If Godden is fully fit again, 5-3-2 could a good option.

The likelihood is that Godden probably will be a couple weeks away from starting. Now Walker is playing well, there’s not the pressure to throw Godden in straight away when he returns from injury.

Mucca Mad Boys

Id take a draw against Rotherham because last season they just outplayed us but a win would be nice and Knowing us we will probably loose all 4 games

They didn’t outplay us at home. We struggled a bit in the first 15-25 minutes, but from then on we were the better side and should have won.

New league, new players and so on. Without a ball being kicked, I’d be happy with a draw in this game too.

Magwitch

Not sure what is going on at Derby but their possession stats are very good in their games but not turning that into wins. I think we need to be very careful. It's no banker.
I’d agree with that this is one of those dangerous fixtures, on paper it looks like Derby are becoming the divisions whipping boys but they have the players to be a lot better and one day will click, would obviously love to win but not losing I’d take that.

Skybluebeliever

I’d return to the side we played against Cardiff, with a 4-5-1 against Derby, assuming Godden is not fit. I’d consider playing COH over Shipley (out wide) or Sheaf (centrally, he’s probably due a breather).

If Godden is fully fit again, 5-3-2 could a good option.

The likelihood is that Godden probably will be a couple weeks away from starting. Now Walker is playing well, there’s not the pressure to throw Godden in straight away when he returns from injury.
I agree same team as Cardiff , Godden will be a couple of weeks at least , rose could be on bench on Tuesday

JeffB

I have been looking at the FA rule book to see where it is written that when Coventry City are playing away from home it is decreed that their opponents are awarded a penalty irrespective of whether one is warranted or not. Moreover if a penalty is failed to be awarded to the home team then it is further decreed that Coventry City should have a player sent off whether this is warranted or not. My concern in this fixture is that this rule is likely to be invoked in order to get the England legend Wayne off the mark in his management career.

If we are given a level playing field and we approach this game as a potential battle like we did against Norwich rather than a gimme then we should win.

Users who are viewing this thread