Deegan (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

In any case anyone who leans towards that particular bunch of charmers should be delighted that in fact we did surrender to them 15 years since

Desperados

Deegan made a poor decision in putting something like that on a public domain but the depth some have gone to psycho analyse the meaning is ridiculous. It was off the cuff, not a statement declaring that lives lost on any side were worthless. He apologised straight away when he recognised the offense it was causing some and then deleted his account.

lordsummerisle

In any case anyone who leans towards that particular bunch of charmers should be delighted that in fact we did surrender to them 15 years since

We didn't surrender, we agreed to a peace deal, and seeing as it's still Northern Ireland, and not just Ireland, would be more inclined to say that we won.

Of course if you'd rather a few hundred more dead on both sides, then can just keep it going on into perpetuity.

I was pretty pleased I didn't have to check under my car for bombs everytime I and my family wanted to get in it to be honest.

Anyway, I'm off to have a go at some Swedish wankers for raping and pillaging my ancesters in 841 AD.

Bunch of long haired, horn wearing, beardy bastards.

Macca

We didn't surrender, we agreed to a peace deal, and seeing as it's still Northern Ireland, and not just Ireland, would be more inclined to say that we won.

Of course if you'd rather a few hundred more dead on both sides, then can just keep it going on into perpetuity.

I was pretty pleased I didn't have to check under my car for bombs everytime I and my family wanted to get in it to be honest.

Anyway, I'm off to have a go at some Swedish wankers for raping and pillaging my ancesters in 841 AD.

Bunch of long haired, horn wearing, beardy bastards.

Fair enough :)

Don t start me on the Romans either. I mean what did the Romans ever do for us?

dongonzalos

Wyken you are entitled to your own opinion.

The problem is the majority on here seem to think rangers fans who sing songs about killing people are idiots. Celtic fans who sing songs about killing people are idiots.

The IRA killing civilians are idiot's. British soldiers killing civilians are idiot's.

However you seem to only see one side of the above. You also seem to think anyone who has a balanced view is immediately a supporter of terrorism.

Hence I imagine your anger towards Deegan over what the majority seem to realize was misplaced banter. Banter that if he had said in the confines of a changing room no one Irish English Scottish welsh or whatever would bat an eyelid to.

Skyblue4u

Gotta laugh about how many people are using the word apologize instead of apologise in this thread. Fellow Cov fans, if you're going to use spell check at least click the UK English box :pointlaugh:

Btw, sack the IRA supporting bucket of frog spawn. Even joking about the killing of innocent people including children doesn't deserve any other outcome

Last edited:

skybluedan

yeah it was a twatty fuckin thing to say and yeah it was out of order, what i find most shocking is how many follow gary deegan on twitter,ffs get a fuckin life

Grendel

The IRA killing civilians are idiot's. British soldiers killing civilians are idiot's.

I don't really want to get into this and I know you are a reasonable guy but there is a difference I'm afraid. The IRA are an illegal terrorist organisation. British soldiers have only ever been on Irish soil as an order from the government to defend its sovereign land. The consequence of its actions may (and have) led to innocent deaths but these cannot be compared to the butchery and terrorism deployed by an illegal institution that officially has not had any approval by any organisation. Personally I think it a shaming of our society that we know talk of McGinnis and his comrade in arms Adams as peaceful politicians when they have a shameful history in Ireland's troubled past.

All that said this is well off what a footballer said on a social network sight. He should know better but he is not I am sure advocating or condoning violence - he understanding of the "Irish Question" is probably if he should order 1 or 2 pints of Guiness. So I think its time to move on.

dongonzalos

Gotta laugh about how many people are using the word apologize instead of apologise in this thread. Fellow Cov fans, if you're going to use spell check at least click the UK English box :pointlaugh:

Btw, sack the IRA supporting bucket of frog spawn. Even joking about the killing of innocent people including children doesn't deserve any other outcome

Got to laugh....... I saw the z and couldn't be bothered to change it, bit like using words that don't exist :)

Desperados

yeah it was a twatty fuckin thing to say and yeah it was out of order, what i find most shocking is how many follow gary deegan on twitter,ffs get a fuckin life

Following someone that plays for our team is worse than searching someone out to then just to critiscise their followers?

dongonzalos

I don't really want to get into this and I know you are a reasonable guy but there is a difference I'm afraid. The IRA are an illegal terrorist organisation. British soldiers have only ever been on Irish soil as an order from the government to defend its sovereign land. The consequence of its actions may (and have) led to innocent deaths but these cannot be compared to the butchery and terrorism deployed by an illegal institution that officially has not had any approval by any organisation. Personally I think it a shaming of our society that we know talk of McGinnis and his comrade in arms Adams as peaceful politicians when they have a shameful history in Ireland's troubled past.

All that said this is well off what a footballer said on a social network sight. He should know better but he is not I am sure advocating or condoning violence - he understanding of the "Irish Question" is probably if he should order 1 or 2 pints of Guiness. So I think its time to move on.

The reason I compare them the main ethos of the IRA was to never kill civilians it was to cause maximum disruption. As with the soldier's the main Ethos was to maintain law and order. No British general said to his troops go to a stadium and shoot at the innocent crowd and kill players on the pitch yet someone did. That person imo is an idiot.
The IRA person who planted the omagh bomb is also a idiot.

There are idiot's everywhere. Deegans comments are not on this sphere yet people have brought this into it.

I should know better than respond to comments of that nature but can't help but get drawn in.

wilbertorama

You are so wrong.Nazi soldiers have were ordered by their government, does that mean they are better humans than the IRA and puts them on par with the British soldiers?The british army has invaded more countries and killed more people then any other, its shameful that you are all so proud of them, yet you all mock the germans and the americans for starting wars when the british are the orignal warmongers!

Grendel

You are so wrong.Nazi soldiers have were ordered by their government, does that mean they are better humans than the IRA and puts them on par with the British soldiers?The british army has invaded more countries and killed more people then any other, its shameful that you are all so proud of them, yet you all mock the germans and the americans for starting wars when the british are the orignal warmongers!

Your knowledge of Irish history is clearly nil. After 1922 it was decreed than the Northern provinces would remain part of the union. The terrorist organisation that tried through a campaign of violence and intimidation to change that democratic decision are clearly the aggressors. There is no such thing as a Nazi soldier - which branch of the German army are you referring to?

However Germany were no better as they broke numerous treaties which meant they flouted international law and so acted illegaly.

Grow up and study history before making nonsensical soundbites.

rob9872

To start a brand new argument on this thread ... Irish people are some of the nicest I've met anywhere in the world, however Irish people in England seem to have the biggest chip on their shoulder I've ever met and so often moan about the English and how much better Ireland is ... Which begs the question that if its so bad, why are you still here and why not simply Feck off home? I guess that's true of the Scots too actually.

pyeman

Rondog1973 ,I'll correct you mate cos you are wrong,i remember a bomb in a bin outside a shop called Canadian Furs in the 70's that they planted,and some pig shit thick Mick wanker trying to blow up the telephone exchange and blowing himself to bits in the process,his was the funeral that the Birmingham 6 were going to attend as i recall,if this Deegan prick is so anti-english/pro IRA,then why doesn't he fuck off back to Ireland and ply his trade and take the rest of the paddies with him.

Nonleagueherewecome

I'm sure that some of the people hammering Deegan are the same ones who were advocating us hiring Mussolini as manager...

Desperados

Rondog1973 ,I'll correct you mate cos you are wrong,i remember a bomb in a bin outside a shop called Canadian Furs in the 70's that they planted,and some pig shit thick Mick wanker trying to blow up the telephone exchange and blowing himself to bits in the process,his was the funeral that the Birmingham 6 were going to attend as i recall,if this Deegan prick is so anti-english/pro IRA,then why doesn't he fuck off back to Ireland and ply his trade and take the rest of the paddies with him.

Is there any need for the racism?

Chipfat

This thread needs to be stopped no one on here like the troubles will be a winner, rights and wrongs are on both sides and the innocent have paid a heavy price(both sides). Not many on here really know the inner dealings and are either guessing or have been reading properganda, so i think its time to put this post to bed.

As for Deegan, the boy made a mistake,, not by having his view as we all have one but airing it to the general public as he unlike us is under more scurtiny. He also represent the club not just when wearing the kit but 24/7 and if he doesnt understand that or like it he should asked to leave. The club have to act and maybe this then would show the other players that they have to be responsable in the way they write or air individual views in public..

CJparker

out of order

aodea

You are a Disgrace that comment is out of order.

Coventry have a long proud tradition of Irish players, keane, babb, Staunton, also may be born in England but Westwood, morrssion, keogh. not to mention the likes of liam daish, Jay tabb, jimmy Holmes, leon Best, Michael Doyle, willie boland,Lee Carsley, keith O neill, grahme barrett, gary breen. Im struggling to name more but you get my point. not only Coventry city Fc but the city of Coventry has a huge Irish connection and how you can have this attitude is a disgrace.

yes Deegans comments are wrong and he deserves punishment. try show you are above comments of the same nature not be a racist.

covcity4life

hes been an idiot but i hope we dont sack him to save wages,think his comments were out of dumbness not hatred

we need as many midfielders as we can get.

Sick Boy

What an utter twat!

covcity4life

i find it odd that so many posters on here are outraged by this but were happy to join in a racist thread taking the piss out of chinese people

odd indeed.

Sterling Archer

Because I don't want to read this shit in a Coventry City forum, it stopped being about anything to do with Coventry ages ago when people were bringing British Soldiers and Gerry Adams into it, if you want to debate stuff like this move it to off topic where I don't have to stumble across it whilst looking for some news of my club,

I frankly find the outcome of this thread "bizarre"

Again ... if you don't want to read it, DON'T OPEN THE THREAD!

Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread