Deegan (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccfcway

Somethings not too clever here.

@GaryDeegan87 Never ever tweet anything like that again mate. Not worth losing your job over

ccfcway

@SkyBlueBen - So our Mr Deegan is pro IRA and happy to make that public on Twitter. Words fail me. Deletion of tweet too late. We all saw it ‪#SkyBlues‬

Ccfcisparks

wow, does he have no consideration. You don't have to be really clever to know that you can offend alot of people by putting things like that

MatthewWallis

Has he deleted his twitter now? I'm Suddenely unfollowing him and it says he has no tweets

B

Bobby Firenze

You just got that off gmk, polite thing would be to attribute it.

dongonzalos

Not defending it, but if that is the case at least it has been deleted and he has apologized.

Last thing we need at the moment is any of our threadbare squad dropping in the shit.

ggrady

He was joking all the shit in Ireland is over it was banter. Being harsh on him considering he deleted the account

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Pretty dumb. Surely grounds for the club to have a harsh word but probably no need for any other action. He does appear to be a total numbskull though.

WestEndAgro

First rate Idiot , hope he never plays for us again. Tar and feather the twat if that's the type of regime that he follows.
If brains were chocolate that prick couldn't fill a smartie.

Marlon King villified for being charged and sentenced to jail time for smacking a woman. Deegan supports the deaths of British soldiers, RUC men & innocent people and children and we think its ok because its a joke??
Outrageous.

dongonzalos

Marlon King villified for being charged and sentenced to jail time for smacking a woman. Deegan supports the deaths of British soldiers, RUC men & innocent people and children and we think its ok because its a joke??
Outrageous.

I take it you are not saying Marlon did not deserve some shit for breaking a woman's nose for saying no to him. You just think Deegan's twitter comment is just as bad?

I never said i condoned what he did.
But it seems we have a footballer who condones the actions of an Irish terrorist organization.
And it seems supporters who will accept that.
That's outrageous.

Your first comment said 'we can't afford to lose more players from this thread bare squad'.
No principles or morals and you should be ashamed of that post.
Weak weak man.
Night.

Grendel

Your first comment said 'we can't afford to lose more players from this thread bare squad'.
Weak weak man.
Night.

He would probably draw the line if Genghis Kahn joined us. Are you slightly over-reacting to something that makes little sense anyway?

dongonzalos

Weak weak man.
Night.

Yes deeply ashamed for saying "not defending it, but at least he has apologised and it has been deleted, last thing we need is one of of our threadbare squad dropping in the sh*t"

Night strong strong man with loads of principles and morals.

Puck

I've no idea of the context of the remark and it seems that nobody else has either.

It was however, naive and stupid of a public figure to say that on twitter, whatever the context.
Let's hang , draw, quarter and tar the bloke anyway.

AFCCOVENTRY

I saw the tweet and he is a right moron for what he did even it was a joke.

I really sometimes think these footballers don't have a brain.

Unfortunately some of our younger players say some right stupid things on twitter. You have to realise that you are in the spotlight when you play pro footy with hundreds of fans following you on twitter.

tanchahal

People make jokes about Bin Laden and Saddam Hussain all the time, is this really much different(not saying its right)

WillieStanley

Ah, the great political mind of Gary Deegan. If he was of any influence at all it would be an issue, but his opinion has as much impact as you or I. He shouldn't have said it, but talk of getting rid is completely over the top.

Otis

Agree.

Perspective needed I think.

Probably had a few beers and let his mouth run away with him.

Macca

People have always said stupid things without thinking. These days all this stupid social media means that people have lost the power of speech and feel the need to tap every last comment into twitter or facebook. Mind you having said that most city fans are so desperate that a player could come in and take a shit on the carpet and they would forgive them it

Astute

I never said i condoned what he did.
But it seems we have a footballer who condones the actions of an Irish terrorist organization.
And it seems supporters who will accept that.
That's outrageous.

I have not read what was said. I have nothing to do with twatter. The thing is I would like to have read what was said as the Queen is going to NI soon and there will be handshakes to try and show the problems are over. There are still some idiots calling themselves splinter groups to try and keep alive the IRA and the trouble caused over the years.

Was the comment on the side of the IRA? If so what was the exact wording as all of the original IRA leaders are now after peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread