Darius Henderson (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Everyone that is complaining needs to take a step back. It may look like another Hunt/MAF/Tudgay type addition but other than Scunthrope you need to look beyond that. He has been a really good player and still could be.

Look at his stats, they aren't bad. Averaging a goal every two or so games for a lot of his career. Someone like him could be a decent addition. I've always liked him, and he adds some much needed physical presence in the attack. It could definitely work with Arma if Mowbray is prepared to alter his formation.

As long as he really isn't too passed it (which I don't believe he is yet) he could really give us the push we need.

skyblueelephant

Good signing, completely bullied us when we played Orient last season at the Ricoh and a different option to what we have got. He's also got a nasty streak which we are missing.

Otis

Don't get this one at all, a free agent after leaving scunthorpe?!

If he is not good enough for them what interest do we have?

We have already seen a big CF lump in fortune absolutely flop, strange bit of business for me
Because they've got McSheffrey and he's better than Henry!

I'm really happy with this one. Good player. Forget that he's 34. We need to look to what he can bring to OUR side, no-one else's.

The thought of him up front alongside Armstrong when we are chasing games and he can knock the ball down for Armstrong to run onto, is just very appetising.

Always felt that Armstrong would be brilliant playing off the shoulder of someone.

Great signing for us and gives us a plan b. Well done TM!

Last edited:
W

westcountry_skyblue

Great signing just before Port Vale as their defenders probably like to Bully forwards not now,Go on Darius shut the doubters up !!!

Nick

Administrator
Don't get this one at all, a free agent after leaving scunthorpe?!

If he is not good enough for them what interest do we have?

We have already seen a big CF lump in fortune absolutely flop, strange bit of business for me

Like the free agent we signed from them called Leon Clarke, nobody was bothered when he left as he was crap.

fernandopartridge

It could be a good signing, but it isn't unfair to say that we've already got a 34 year old for most positions!

That said, the fact he got released from Scunny is neither here nor there, remember the attitudes of many on here when we signed that Forest Green reject.

Otis

It could be a good signing, but it isn't unfair to say that we've already got a 34 year old for most positions!

That said, the fact he got released from Scunny is neither here nor there, remember the attitudes of many on here when we signed that Forest Green reject.
Yeah, third choice left back wasn't he? And that's for a non-league team.

Could someone please dig up the old threads and see how crap we said he was before he pulled on a shirt for us?

jimmyhillsfanclub

I've just had very tasty dinner....and while I was eating it I decided that this fella is destined to become a 17 game legend for City.......

...He's gonna start this Sunday & be an unplayable beast who makes 2 assists (1 off his arse, 1 off his elbow) + scores with a bullet back post header.....

...He'll then play the remaining games & score the winner at Boundary Park....a goal which sneaks us past Walsall to finish 2nd behind Wigan.....

Happy Friday Folks.

torchomatic

And Adam Who? Bloody hell why do we need a kid from Newcastle's youth team...

Yeah, third choice left back wasn't he? And that's for a non-league team.

Could someone please dig up the old threads and see how crap we said he was before he pulled on a shirt for us?

clint van damme

Good signing.
It gives centre halves a bit more to worry about than just pace. Scoring goals is all about partnerships, and if you find a good one its a ticket out of this division.
I remember the moaning many years ago when we signed Rosario. As an individual, he was average. But, him and Quinny just clicked and were one of the best partnerships we've had.
Lets face it, even if it doesn't work, can he be as ineffective as Fortune? I doubt it.

Do you think he'll play 2 up top or will it be a case of sticking henderson on and going more direct at times.

Nick

Administrator
Do you think he'll play 2 up top or will it be a case of sticking henderson on and going more direct at times.

Pointless putting him on for 20 minutes every game at the end as a plan B, usually it is too late by then.

I'd much rather than a partnership and understanding and let Armstrong play off him. We have seen if Armstrong gets the service he will finish, when Tudgay came on last week against Burton he created more chances for Armstrong in those few minutes than we did the whole game.

Steve.B50

Who should we be bringing in instead? Better option than Fortune and Tudgay

Anybody and I mean anybody is better than Fortune, we have had some lazy useless players in the past but this chap is up there with them, absolute waste of a shirt.
As for Tudgay, at least he never gives up and tries, had some good games for us and ideal sub..

Del Boy 82

I can see a version of a 442 possibly being deployed by TM. Murphy, fleck, Rose/Cole and Hunt. With Henderson and Armstrong up top v port vale

torchomatic

I think could be a shrewd signing from TM/MV. He's always been a handful.

AFCCOVENTRY

Defenders hate Darius...

Use him as a beast upfront with Arma and Murphy using their pace to get though.

simonregis

One of the problems with us is we are too lightweight. If we come up against a physical team we have no answer. This gives us another option. Why not have 2 big men up front and have Armstrong and Morphy drifting in from wide positions

KG7

I don't think he can actually sign until the window opens again next week, unless we snuck him in on deadline day...

Grendel

Anybody and I mean anybody is better than Fortune, we have had some lazy useless players in the past but this chap is up there with them, absolute waste of a shirt.
As for Tudgay, at least he never gives up and tries, had some good games for us and ideal sub..

Christ has fortune shagged your wife? Give it a rest

Nathccfc

Let's not forget when her playing it gives us a big man to defend at corners and set pieces aswell, which has been our downfall recently!

rupert_bear

We need a forward of his type, have done for ages. When is the last time we have scored or even got a header in on target from a cross in open play, I can't remember one. Whether he plays alongside Armstrong or not he gives another option. Fans also need to remember the market we now operate in, we either borrow young hopefuls, players returning from injury or those at the end of their career

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I think MAF does a good job as a defensive forward. He holds the ball up well and buys the team time. However, it appears evident now to TM that he can't do an attacking job, eg he's not going to come on and help us get back into a game, which is what we've needed lately. Therefore the 'battering ram' has been introduced.

Seems a sensible signing to me (I'm not prophecise whether he'll be a success or not as that would be crazy...).

dongonzalos

Remember reading that his contract had been cancelled. Thought to myself he is coming out way
Thought MAF would be moved on first though we are having a big squad for the first time in about 6 years

Users who are viewing this thread