Darius Henderson (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

Also we have signed a free agent who is match fit already, which is an extreme rarity. I think this signing could prove very shrewd.

Johnnythespider

I don't care if he doesn't score a goal all season as long as he does the job Fortune should be doing. We need a different option for teams that sit back against us and make it difficult to play through them, I will give him a chance.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

KG7

Had a feeling he'd come to us when I saw he'd been released. Great signing.

AFCCOVENTRY

Just what we need. A much better option than MAF and Tudgay.

Just need another quick goal scorer.

Would say the above 2 will probably be leaving on loan now.

Nick

Administrator
It sounds like of those where they get released / mutual knowing they are moving.

mark82

Unit for a bit of cheeky old school big man little man knock downs when plan A isn't working. That'll do me for now.

I can understand the moaning though, I thought we would be signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Zlatan is 34. What we need is kids with no experience.

ajsccfc

He's always looked a bit of a handful when I've seen him play and if he's just left Scunthorpe it sounds like we're not waiting an age for him to get up to speed. Couldn't give a fuck how old he is.

Bumberclart

Good signing.
It gives centre halves a bit more to worry about than just pace. Scoring goals is all about partnerships, and if you find a good one its a ticket out of this division.
I remember the moaning many years ago when we signed Rosario. As an individual, he was average. But, him and Quinny just clicked and were one of the best partnerships we've had.
Lets face it, even if it doesn't work, can he be as ineffective as Fortune? I doubt it.

D

Deleted member 4439

Let's reserve full judgement until he's played his first 10 minutes of football.

Alkhen

We have already seen a big CF lump in fortune absolutely flop, strange bit of business for me

Have you seem Fortune play recently?! he may be big but he is hardly physical. Henderson is far more of a bttering ram. Very useful to bring on for the last 20mins if our more techincal players have failed to break a team down. I am all for this signing considering the paucity of options

CovLis86

Twice the player Fortune is at least. Gives us a threat from set pieces if nothing else. Plan B.

CovisGod

I've never got the "hes shit before he's kicked a ball" mentality of fans. I'm willing to give ANY player the time of day if they sign for Cov, I'm not sure how you can formulate an opinion on how he's going to be playing for us until you've seen him play? There's been plenty of players that SHOULD have been good and weren't, Simeon Jackson, Freddie Eastwood etc. And a fair share that people weren't overly enamoured by that put a shift in ie. McGoldrick. Give the lad a chance for christ sake, Coventry might be the twilight of his career and he could finish with more goals than Armstrong

skybluelee

Maybe time for some old skool big man/little man action.

Hopefully Arma and Henderson can become the new Gibson/Regis, Huckerby/Dubline, Keane/Roussel. If so, promotion guaranteed. PUSB.

Del Boy 82

Why so many negative responses, our team has no plan b no real option to mix it up which is why we're hitting a brick wall lately. With Henderson your not getting skill and pace which we have in other areas your getting a brute of a player who is horrible to play against. He's gonna pull and push you all game long, elbows the lot. The perfect foil for Armstrong to exploit there battered and bruised defence. Henderson may not have a great scoring record lately, his role these days ain't about 10/15 goals more 5/6 but maybe he might get on the end of a few loose balls or set pieces to which we've now added height to and might look a threat from now. Good business I hope will show early on before our fans put in in the ramage, maf, hunt and tudgay bin.

ajsccfc

Jordan was good for us, Conor not so much. Darius has the chance to save the family name, or their sasquatch cousin won't be pleased.

Covstu

Unit for a bit of cheeky old school big man little man knock downs when plan A isn't working. That'll do me for now.

I can understand the moaning though, I thought we would be signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Exactly, you need a presence up front when you are chasing games, he fits the bill. Cant win with some fans.... (actually we can friggin win period at the moment!!)

standupforcity

I've never got the "hes shit before he's kicked a ball" mentality of fans. I'm willing to give ANY player the time of day if they sign for Cov, I'm not sure how you can formulate an opinion on how he's going to be playing for us until you've seen him play? There's been plenty of players that SHOULD have been good and weren't, Simeon Jackson, Freddie Eastwood etc. And a fair share that people weren't overly enamoured by that put a shift in ie. McGoldrick. Give the lad a chance for christ sake, Coventry might be the twilight of his career and he could finish with more goals than Armstrong 

Same people who like to tell us who will be substituted when!!

lewys33

Dare to Darius

Users who are viewing this thread