Crowd trouble (2 Viewers)

martincov

I just about remember that copper, clipping ears as he walked up and down aisle! only been arrested once at Sheff Wed in the cup about 72 i think, Colin Stein and Quinten Young days and black and green stripes. Had a few blows with a Wednesday fan and my feet didnt touch ground from top to bottom of their open Kop. Thrown over the wall at the bottom and marched off by another copper to there holding place where they got your details and then let you go. At court in sheffield i got a £10 fine which i paid from my paper round hehe. 0-0 then won the replay a few days later 3-1 if memory serves me. In the days of power cuts and it was played on the Tuesday afternoon? wagged school to go.

martincov

Proper police is very costly nowadays so i can understand the club cutting expenses on that. Stewarding is poxy really, no real physical prescence just a bright jacket. a lot of non regular fans are pathetic too, they havnt a clue how to read signs and ticket numbers or orientation in the ground. If twatty drunks want a scrap then let them stay behind and fight the car park when everyone else has gone, maybe even a bit of booky on the side for the winnwer of the cock fight?
Security, stewarding and policing needs looking at as it is a mess at the moment

martincov

I was at the Roma v Napoli top of the table clash a few weeks ago. The Perspex barriers obviously work here .
The same as what i saw in Berlin, worked a treat! it is a shame it is needed but i think not a bad idea just make younger fans feel safe in what can become an environment?

martincov

I was at the Roma v Napoli top of the table clash a few weeks ago. The Perspex barriers obviously work here .
May have changed it now i dont know but there wasnt even the extra metal barrier in Berlin, from memory it was close to the seats on one side of the aisle so fans were up to it. like you say bud it works and at the end of the day selling extra seats when needed and less security, over time it pays for itself however costly the initial expense

pusbccfc

When did this happen? If you are talking about the Derby game I think it was more some dickhead kicking off with people for not singing, then people kicking off with someone for singing.

That's sort of the point isn't it. That's the type of bloke who wants to sit in the corner but can't.

Johnnythespider

The stewarding as a whole was awful on Tuesday. I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere but haven't looked all that much, but we got to our seats (ST holders) about 10 minutes before kick off and there was about 10 15 year old lads across our 6 seats. They moved to the row in front. When the people whose seats they were turned up, they had to move again. Everyone was getting pissed off by it. We have the aisle seats and there was about five people in the aisle to a row. Going down the stairs between block 17 and 18 was a no go, so when someone went for a slash they had to cut across our whole block and go down the 18/19 stairwell. Was an accident waiting to happen having that many people stood on the staircase.
Same between 16 and 17 and the stewards were stood with them and did nothing to remedy it, but hey nobody got into singers corner without a ticket for it.

martincov

Although Singers corner is a good name i feel a name is needed, The west End, North bank, kop, The Shed, The Kippax. I think The Curve is a good name. There are a few teams fans that do a curve but none in England. Catchy name to an area where singing fans go. ok so singers curve, it identifies with the ground which is not ours but while and when we play there give it a name that makes it ours with a sort of original (for England) name. Keep Singers of course the first name of the team that became Cov City. i just think "corner" is a bit boring. The Curve gives an edge.
Maybe talking out me bum? but if the CBSA is to become something to us then why not have it. so many things have boring names.

slowpoke

Although Singers corner is a good name i feel a name is needed, The west End, North bank, kop, The Shed, The Kippax. I think The Curve is a good name. There are a few teams fans that do a curve but none in England. Catchy name to an area where singing fans go. ok so singers curve, it identifies with the ground which is not ours but while and when we play there give it a name that makes it ours with a sort of original (for England) name. Keep Singers of course the first name of the team that became Cov City. i just think "corner" is a bit boring. The Curve gives an edge.
Maybe talking out me bum? but if the CBSA is to become something to us then why not have it. so many things have boring names.
I’d go with that.

Reppz

What happens when we go up and the few blocks behind the goal are opened up as well? Surely you’d want the singers/standers to move over as opposed to having a boisterous corner and then 2 blocks of happy clappers in between?

JAM See

By happy coincidence, Singer's corner is perfectly valid, and synonymous with our fine city.

JAM See

@chiefdave
I knew that, and had somehow managed to forget it. Thanks for the reminder Dave.

Maybe a banner or a flag would be in order. Show a connection to our heritage.

Sky Blue Harry H

Can't see too many going tbh

I think Derby will turn up in decent numbers again. If it had been away at Derby, we'd take a good following. The home numbers will obviously be down - although I'll be there defending The Cherry Tree.

pusbccfc

Will be an absolute non-event this.

Police will be well up for it and will have the easy day of their lives when 10k turn up.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

It's a shame if your hunch is true. I personally like the Cup and it's been a while since we last had a really good run. 16k would be decent.

Given the fact it kicked off last time will ensure the stone island brigade will be out in force.

Wearing their fresh new thin as piss overshirt jackets that they’ve pestered their mum to get them for Christmas!!

David O'Day

It's a shame if your hunch is true. I personally like the Cup and it's been a while since we last had a really good run. 16k would be decent.

Given the fact it kicked off last time will ensure the stone island brigade will be out in force.

It's not really a tie to get the juices flowing though

slowpoke

Doubt there will be any aggro from what I have heard the old bill have accumulated a lot of evidence from last time and could be acting on it soon. Timing of this cup-tie couldn’t be better.

Very winnable game will put a bit of extra dough in the kitty and chance of a lucrative game in round four just before the end of the transfer window.

Last edited:

skyblueeyesrevisited

Doubt there will be any aggro from what I have heard the old bill have accumulated a lot of evidence from last time and could be acting on it soon. Timing of this cup-tie couldn’t be better.

Very winnable game will put a bit of extra dough in the kitty and chance of a lucrative game in round four just before the end of the transfer window.
Surprised that they have a police cordon in the ground anymore. With their non conflict approach surely the police only need one plod with a camera and maybe a make up artist just in case they decide to fit someone up.

Users who are viewing this thread