Crowd trouble (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

From my perspective, I drank in the Wheatsheaf pre-match as usual and didn’t see anyone other than Cov fans. We got to the ground at 14:30pm and were in the ground quite quickly and it was the usual atmosphere. Nothing on edge at all from what I saw. It was only at the start of the second half, when plastic bottles (I could be wrong but the first one I saw that was launched was from Cov fans) started to be thrown at the away end, that the atmosphere changed…It looked like someone even chucked a tub of Pringles! This then led to the carry on that the numerous videos show.

Last time I checked throwing missiles was 3 year banning order worthy. This initiated what we then saw. If those people are banned, arguably we reduce the chances of it happening again.

I don’t get why people are pointing to the Arena Train station being shut as to why Derby fans went where they did after the game. It’s well known that service doesn’t cater for any fans on match day, let alone 3500 away fans? By proxy of the Derby fans approaching the Cherry Tree rather than the Wheatsheaf, that we were in again after the game and didn’t see anyone other than Cov fans, I think it demonstrates they werent clued up and were acting in the moment - and got more than just the posturing/pavement bouncing they expected to give out.

The police could have done more early doors to stop it. If the initial missile throwers were taken out immediately, that would have stopped anyone else from getting brave and thinking they could do it and get away with it.

I hope anyone that is put off by Saturday comes back up again. We need fans, not Pringle throwers.

Liquid Gold

From my perspective, I drank in the Wheatsheaf pre-match as usual and didn’t see anyone other than Cov fans. We got to the ground at 14:30pm and were in the ground quite quickly and it was the usual atmosphere. Nothing on edge at all from what I saw. It was only at the start of the second half, when plastic bottles (I could be wrong but the first one I saw that was launched was from Cov fans) started to be thrown at the away end, that the atmosphere changed…It looked like someone even chucked a tub of Pringles! This then led to the carry on that the numerous videos show.

Last time I checked throwing missiles was 3 year banning order worthy. This initiated what we then saw. If those people are banned, arguably we reduce the chances of it happening again.

I don’t get why people are pointing to the Arena Train station being shut as to why Derby fans went where they did after the game. It’s well known that service doesn’t cater for any fans on match day, let alone 3500 away fans? By proxy of the Derby fans approaching the Cherry Tree rather than the Wheatsheaf, that we were in again after the game and didn’t see anyone other than Cov fans, I think it demonstrates they werent clued up and were acting in the moment - and got more than just the posturing/pavement bouncing they expected to give out.

The police could have done more early doors to stop it. If the initial missile throwers were taken out immediately, that would have stopped anyone else from getting brave and thinking they could do it and get away with it.

I hope anyone that is put off by Saturday comes back up again. We need fans, not Pringle throwers.
It was bags of shite being hoyed I'm afraid

Covkid1968#

99%* of the time, wearing a club scarf grants one immunity to violence.

Stone Island = 'I'm up for a bit of knuckle'
Club scarf = 'I'm on my way home for Strictly, with a nice bottle of real ale'

*100% immunity if you still wear 'that' ST scarf.
Haha…I just use mine for flicking the kids. Who knew they offered this level of immunity

blunted

As someone who came from a rough end of town that even in the 60s had a gang culture, went to school with Wood End, witnessed pointless Protestant and Catholic fighting back in the day. Has been attacked by mindless Man U, Blackburn, Arsenal and Forest Green fans just for wearing a city scarf. Bricked by Swindon nobheads in our coach. Attacked by nazi skinheads and thrown out of city matches for innocuous reasons like having a flag. Seen Birmingham nobs try to throw petrol over a bouncer and set him alight at the Eclipse. Too many incidents when I worked in night clubs. How on earth can any of you fools glory in violence from either side on this thread. Get a life, it's football not a war. I have seen too many aholes in my life and there are a few on here. Peace out.

SlowerThanPlatt

As someone who came from a rough end of town that even in the 60s had a gang culture, went to school with Wood End, witnessed pointless Protestant and Catholic fighting back in the day. Has been attacked by mindless Man U, Blackburn, Arsenal and Forest Green fans just for wearing a city scarf. Bricked by Swindon nobheads in our coach. Attacked by nazi skinheads and thrown out of city matches for innocuous reasons like having a flag. Seen Birmingham nobs try to throw petrol over a bouncer and set him alight at the Eclipse. Too many incidents when I worked in night clubs. How on earth can any of you fools glory in violence from either side on this thread. Get a life, it's football not a war. I have seen too many aholes in my life and there are a few on here. Peace out.
Sorry but Forest Green?! In the away game?

Grendel

The fuck are you on about you freak?

White lightening consumption going through the roof in bedsit land today I see

Grendel

Resorting to insults, don’t cry David just because your wrong.
I’m surprised you were even at a game, or are you going from the radio report like normal?

his Gerry Adams blow up doll has ruptured again - makes him very angry

ccfcchris

Haven't read it all but anyone involved is a prick. That's why they will never stop racism as there are too many uneducated pricks attending football. I hope they rot in hell. Dregs of society.

David O'Day

Resorting to insults, don’t cry David just because your wrong.
I’m surprised you were even at a game, or are you going from the radio report like normal?

You started the insults you plum.

As others have said it was going off already and the police just stood their, that was not a stadium safety officer issue but a police issue.

End of Dougal

Moff

You started the insults you plum.

As others have said it was going off already and the police just stood their, that was not a stadium safety officer issue but a police issue.

End of Dougal

If ever there was an advert to stay away from meths, it’s your posts.
Did you actually go to a game for once?

David O'Day

If ever there was an advert to stay away from meths, it’s your posts.
Did you actually go to a game for once?

Yeah i've got a season ticket cleatus, I guess you don't go as yo have fuck all clue what happened on Saturday. Still I guess it's hard to see what's going on when you are listening in on CWR.

Don't cry because multiple people have called you out on your bullshit.

Moff

Yeah i've got a season ticket cleatus, I guess you don't go as yo have fuck all clue what happened on Saturday. Still I guess it's hard to see what's going on when you are listening in on CWR.

Don't cry because multiple people have called you out on your bullshit.

Dear me David, I’d already made the radio joke, you’re a bit slow aren’t you.

If you checked the posts I was clearly at the game, I know where the ground is, not sure if you do.

Re the stewards, I know how it works, and there’s clearly others who do. It’s clear who they are, but it’s a bit beyond your capabilities to work it out. Keep frothing about it though.

David O'Day

Dear me David, I’d already made the radio joke, you’re a bit slow aren’t you.

If you checked the posts I was clearly at the game, I know where the ground is, not sure if you do.

Re the stewards, I know how it works, and there’s clearly others who do. It’s clear who they are, but it’s a bit beyond your capabilities to work it out. Keep frothing about it though.

Look cleatus, top crying beccause you've been made to look like a plum.

the police can act and step in without having to wait for the stadium to tell them.

They do it all the time

Only other people commenting are people laughing at you. I guess if you are really stupid then you'd miss that

Moff

Look cleatus, top crying beccause you've been made to look like a plum.

the police can act and step in without having to wait for the stadium to tell them.

They do it all the time

Only other people commenting are people laughing at you. I guess if you are really stupid then you'd miss that

You will have to point it out as all I can see is angry man crying and getting in a lather again.

David O'Day

Original, you’ve used that one before.
Got any crackers to pull to get some new jokes?

Why mess with a classic Moff you "wet wipe"

We've proved you are really fucking stupid, don't go to games and oh yeah eat crayons.

Toodles it's crayola

David O'Day

You will have to point it out as all I can see is angry man crying and getting in a lather again.

Mate if you are that stupid then i really can't help you

you've even replied to other people who aid the same think trying to start a fight.

Toodles Crayola

Moff

Mate if you are that stupid then i really can't help you

you've even replied to other people who aid the same think trying to start a fight.

Toodles Crayola

it’s touching to know your obsessing about me now like you do over Grendel.
Love the jokes, so original, keep them coming.

Covkid1968#

think i might get a few pelters for this but here goes.....

My kids are 12 and 7, and witnessed the trouble (were in block 22). Other than questions about why its happening, they both seemed fine

And not being braindead, I decided to leave at 85 minutes, and head away the back way, behind the north stand to avoid the kids seeing any sort of issue. Granted not everyone can do that, but doesn't it just take some common sense from parents?

It was kicking off inside, was deffo going too outside, so surely you plan for that and for example do as I did and not go near it?
Yep… I did the same. Left 5 mins early and was off back to sunny Leics before any trouble. My 13 year old son was a bit bemused by the goings on inside the ground. Dopey daughter didn’t even see it and eldest son said he’s def coming back as he’s never had to much entertainment on and off the pitch.

Covkid1968#

Reminds me of this thread. Leamington Boot Boy is Juggy ‘from the radio’ I think

Haha…. Canley kid Referencing Mr Mapp. He would of enjoyed getting to grips with Derby on Saturday. I’m guessing he’ll be over when we play Albion as he looks after their lot now.

Users who are viewing this thread