Crowd trouble (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

What I find odd, is that the club (albeit probably different people involved) can be so quick to recat to something like including 'Spirit in The Sky' to the pre match playlist (to acknowledge the new Gyokeres song) yet the 'funnelling element re: fencing has benn pointed out a number of times, yet no action taken, on a much more serious matter. Definitely needs addressing before the Bristol City game (as they will have similar numbers to Derby).

rob9872

I think it's easier to sit almost next to each other. Creating that big no man's land for some to marauding across in part creates the issue as you can't do that over people.

Sky Blue Pete

What I find odd, is that the club (albeit probably different people involved) can be so quick to recat to something like including 'Spirit in The Sky' to the pre match playlist (to acknowledge the new Gyokeres song) yet the 'funnelling element re: fencing has benn pointed out a number of times, yet no action taken, on a much more serious matter. Definitely needs addressing before the Bristol City game (as they will have similar numbers to Derby).
Be interesting the police guy said he would look at these last 2 games and decide on any changes I’d be surprised if there was nothing

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

It’s a big issue because Apparently there was trouble on the hill by the station so funnelling the fans into a place where an ambush is possible is stupid , especially with WBA , Blues and Millwall coming up in the next couple of months

matesx

I've heard Blue's are coming down in large numbers 6,000 regardless of having tickets or not.
Think people are going to have their wits about them.
Better have Police vans everywhere. Especially at the Cherry Tree and Wheatsheaf before and after.

Keep Blues back as long as it takes for Cov fans to disperse away from ground. 30 mins should do it.

Terry Gibson's perm

They should be looking to limit Millwall to 500 tickets and say they will be stopping in the ground until an hour after the end they are just a problem, I had a guy try to fight me in the car park against them before I said ok come over there away from your car full of mates no problem but I’m not fighting five of you he wasn’t so interested then.

stay_up_skyblues

I've heard Blue's are coming down in large numbers 6,000 regardless of having tickets or not.
Think people are going to have their wits about them.

Horrible bunch and wouldn’t be surprised. Could be a dicey walk down the canal after the game if they take over the Longford Engine (big away crowds often do). One to leave the daughter at home for sure.

stay_up_skyblues

Genuine question: people have died from one punch before. If the guy he’d hit had died would the police be culpable for letting it happen?

You’d like to think so wouldn’t you. Criminally I’m sure there would be a get out for them. Maybe a civil claim from the deceased family (vicarious liability perhaps) could have legs.

SlowerThanPlatt

They should be looking to limit Millwall to 500 tickets and say they will be stopping in the ground until an hour after the end they are just a problem, I had a guy try to fight me in the car park against them before I said ok come over there away from your car full of mates no problem but I’m not fighting five of you he wasn’t so interested then.

They only bring about that many anyway. Only time I can remember them bringing a decent amount was the FA Cup tie, few incidents that day

David O'Day

Its the clubs call inside the stadium. First response is meant to be stewards, if they can’t deal with it Police come in.

As for saying the police did nothing, it didn’t look that way outside as they drew batons and faced the oncoming Derby fans.
The mistake was letting them get round on the road in the first place.

They clearly weren't dealing with it and the police can act without waiting for the club to tell them

Moff

Stewards were failing to deescalate it a long time before the police slowly strolled over.

The club/safety officer still make the call for assistance.
Stewards are meant to deal first snd foremost, if they say they need assistance the Police come in.

shmmeee

Jesus.
No the person who threw the punch would be culpable because he fucking did it.
If you want a police state follow that line of thinking about culpability.

It’s a bit trolley problem I suppose, but I’m not sure how saying police should stop crime when it’s happening in front of them rather than let it happen so they can prosecute leads to a police state?

lordy_87

If the police we're up there earlier stopping the bottle throwing from both sides then there wouldn't have been any charging andit wouldn't have escalated in the way it did.

They may have prevented a full scale brawl but their lack of action contributed to it becoming a possibility one might happen.
The bill were shocking. There was a moment where the stewards seemed to lose control and the segregation between the cov and derby fans was gone and looked like it was going to kick off big time. Luckily for them it didn't quite happen but they would have been culpable for that.

ccfc1234

No way are the club giving more than 4K to anyone this season especially after Saturday as there would be zero segregation between away fans and the corner.
There is little segregation in most top flight grounds. You need about 10 seats and two lines of cops in front of each set of fans. See how it is done in the premier league and it never really goes off. Where all the issues I have seen happen is in the lower leagues where fans use the no man's land areas to move into and cause trouble. Segregation is not the answer we need properly policed separation points between fans.

David O'Day

The Derby fans came over the seats, stewards deal first, if it kicks off the Police are called in.
What do you think happens at Police free games you wet wipe.

cool the police just ignore law breaking

you crayon eating weirdo

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

It wouldn't be fair to name him, reliable source though.
If they do arrive in these numbers its going to be safer to let them in the ground, give them the whole end otherwise they will be in with the home fans.
You are right but then just asks for trouble with the corner. Maybe consider moving them to the north stand and relocating sths there to south stand for one game?

Porkchophill

But did they though? Not one Derby fan got close to the Coventry end? Their job was to stop that happening and it worked.
Kicked off in the ground they had at least half an hour to corral the derby fans trying to get towards the home end , or line up across the end of the fence , every Derby fan that went that way were looking for trouble . Instead they let them run across stuck a drone up

Covkid1968#

Grade A cunts.
Yeah seen them. Was with my 3 kids and my elderly Mum. Just walking through so was just in front listening to them singing Coventrys a shit hole. I asked a little scrote in an Aquascutum coat if his gang of Derby’s Ultras could stop using the F word ….he sort of melted back into the bunch of kids.

Users who are viewing this thread