Coventry vs Doncaster match thread (1 Viewer)

Otis

This is mental I know. If we are on fifty points and from 'sheff utd' all the way down to 'crew' in the table don't win any of their last 5 matches and we win all ours, with a better goal difference 6th place is ours. Now where did i put god's phone number !

Even if you found it, it would be a waste of time ringing as he's busy arranging his son's funeral.

You may find him in a bit more of a celebratory mood on Sunday mind.

Stevearcade

Well done Lads. Even if the board room people are cocking things up, it's nice to know we can count on the guys who matter, the guys on the pitch. Brilliant. I know this will have cheered up every CCFC fan in the land after the week we've had.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Good first half, played some excellent football but didn't create enough clear cut chances. Doncaster improved a lot second half and should have equalised.

Interesting team selection

Barton, Fleck and Bailey first half showed us what a poor technically player Jennings is, second half showed us when players like Jennings is needed. Should have made subs much earlier still, I would have taken Fleck/Barton off for Thomas after 65 minutes

theferret

Are they still counting the attendance on their fingers and toes?

Looked about 11K to me based on what I have seen this season, but with all that POTG and no on site TO I guess it'll take while to work it out.

Strange the tunrnstile I went through wasn't working, and somebody who entered at the other end of the ground said the same thing. Probably just a coincidence.

stupot07

Good first half, played some excellent football but didn't create enough clear cut chances. Doncaster improved a lot second half and should have equalised.

Interesting team selection

Barton, Fleck and Bailey first half showed us what a poor technically player Jennings is, second half showed us when players like Jennings is needed. Should have made subs much earlier still, I would have taken Fleck/Barton off for Thomas after 65 minutes

Spot on. .

SkyBlue_Bear83

Looked about 11K to me based on what I have seen this season, but with all that POTG and no on site TO I guess it'll take while to work it out.

Strange the tunrnstile I went through wasn't working, and somebody who entered at the other end of the ground said the same thing. Probably just a coincidence.
I don't think any of te turnstiles were on mate

I was in block 33 and it wasn't on and my brother block 15 and the turnstile wasn't on either

Houdi

Thought Adam Barton was outstanding today,showed for the ball,rarely gave it away and tracked and closed down well.Best home performance all season for me.Callum Ball may not be the most gifted player,but led the line well,and certainly worked his socks off.Question is did anybody feel we missed Mcsheffrey?;)

Otis

Indeed. Me too.

I just had this fear we would come out of the blocks flat and down in the mouth, but we did the opposite and took the game right to them.

That first half performance was excellent!!

covhead1

could'nt get there today but listened on the radio.
we sounded very good in the first half but we soaked up a lot of pressure in th 2nd half, still we won and boy thats put a smile on me face.
off topic but does anyone know how many tickets we have sold for walsall?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
BBC site are showing us in 8th position on 63 points after todays game? Yet when you click the link for "Full table" it shows us in 14th position on 53 points. What are they playin' at? :thinking about:

ajsccfc

Fantastic reaction from the team, I really wasn't expecting anything but a nondescript defeat. At times in the first half we were knocking the ball round very well (Barton was the fulcrum for a lot of it) so if that's what Pressley's aiming for from the team I'm happy with that. Doncaster reacted well and came right back into it second half, but nice to have some cause for a little optimism after the last week.

stupot07

I beieve you arent actually at the game? Listening to the radio and become so knowledgeable

Season ticket holder block 20, yes I was there

No. 35 volleyed wide from a long throw, no. 35 headed over from 6 yards for a right hand side cross, cotterill shot deflected wide 1-1 from the left hand side of the penalty area, mccombe (CB) volleying over the bar from 8 yards from a break away from the left hand side.

Last edited:

Stafford_SkBlue

Good that the midfield was shaken up, we had become very predictable with the normal five. Good to see Barton showing what he is capable of.

Grendel

How many of our players can hit that pass?

Pretty much all if them given the fact that most of our players had the freedom of the park in a very strange first 45 minutes.

The assist point is genuine. If that's an assist the stat is meaningless. Christie got the ball on the touch line and ran 20 yards before shorting with his left foot.

dongonzalos

The pass was precision and the vision to switch play from left to right like that, took the opposition out of the game encouraging Christie to do what he did.

dongonzalos

Most of them?

Scored after 13 minutes. John Fleck picked out Cyrus Christie with a tremendous cross-field pass before the full-back cut in from the right and fired a low, left-foot shot into the bottom corner of the net.

http://www.sport.co.uk/football/coventry-10-doncaster-match-report/3925972/

Grendel

The pass was precision and the vision to switch play from left to right like that, took the opposition out of the game encouraging Christie to do what he did.

LOL you do make me laugh

dongonzalos

The Sky Blues, who were deducted 10 points this week for entering administration, scored after 13 minutes. John Fleck picked out Cyrus Christie with a tremendous cross-field pass before the full-back cut in from the right and fired a low, left-foot shot into the bottom corner of the net.

Sky sports

stupot07

Scored after 13 minutes. John Fleck picked out Cyrus Christie with a tremendous cross-field pass before the full-back cut in from the right and fired a low, left-foot shot into the bottom corner of the net.

http://www.sport.co.uk/football/coventry-10-doncaster-match-report/3925972/

It was a good pass, but bailey, Moussa and Barton all switched play in similar style. The big contributing factor in this was that baker had tucked right in bringing the left back and left midfielder infield leaving acres of space for christie to exploit.

stupot07

An look the bbc even say that Doncaster had lots of chances - not just me making it up.

Home keeper Joe Murphy had to be at his best to keep the scores level.
Murphy turned James Husband's deflected shot round a post before denying David Cotterill either side of half-time.
Rovers' Dean Furman, who also headed over from close-range, hit the post with a 25-yard shot, while Aaron Martin made an incredible goal-line clearance from a late Cotterill effort.

Users who are viewing this thread