Coventry vs Doncaster match thread (1 Viewer)

jon92

Score predictions?

I reckon it might be a 2-2 draw today

sotv1987

1-2 donny - I think we will lose heart due to off field shit- hope I'm wrong mind!!! 9k to 10k gate!!! Pusb!!'

theferret

We're 11/8 today and Doncaster 15/8. That surprises me all things considered.

Was going to have a bet on us because think we might sneak a win, but not at those odds.

You have to fancy Donny with their away record and our home record, but equally it wouldn't surprise me if with the pressure off the players go out and play with freedom today and we win the game.

jon92

I seen that the betting looks strange i thought Doncaster would be odds on with our home form aswell

Otis

Season over.

Club in disarray.

Players not knowing if they have a future with us. Lack of motivation and spirit as a result.

Poor home form.

Donny top of the league.

1-3 I'm afraid. Hope I'm wrong but I can see us well beaten.

Only hope I can see is if a bunch of scouts come to view our players and they up their games for a move away from the club as a result.

Do think it will be a painful afternoon for us. And in so many ways. Air of despondency from the fans anyway and the moment it goes wrong (if it does), I can see the fans turning on the team and individual players.

I'm sure there will be some up there today with the mindset that if the players had truly played to their potential we would be vying for a promotion place and we wouldn't be where we are today.

theferret

I prefer to take the glass half-full view Otis.

Pressure off, so the players might relax. Fans might rally today, and impromptu display of solidarity. I think the atmosphere will be OK and the turnout decent.

Otis

I prefer to take the glass half-full view Otis.

Pressure off, so the players might relax. Fans might rally today, and impromptu display of solidarity. I think the atmosphere will be OK and the turnout decent.

Definitely a possibility, Ferret, and it could go one of two ways.

Hope it does galvanise team and fans alike. We could certainly do with some cheer.

Think we will know after the first couple of minutes how it's going to go. We will either come out the blocks all guns blazing, or it will all be a bit flat and with us feeling sorry for ourselves.

0-1

attendance : 8765

theferret

Seriously?

A normal work day for many, many thousands of Cov folk today.

Much closer to 9,000 I reckon.

Equally, quite a few who can make today who cannot normally.

I think we played Scunthorpe at home on Good Friday a couple of seasons back and there were nearly 17K there. Think about 12K today, but a guess.

sky blue john

In the slim chance that the ten points can be overturned, hypathetical i know !!!
We still have to go out and try and win every game until the end of the season and then see what happens !!!

ccfcway

Has the 10 point dedcution simply meant that any games from here on in are pre season friendlies, with Elvis looking at players to see who he wants to keep, formations etc.

Lets see what they can do !

----------------Murphy----------------------
Christie----Willis-----Martin-----Haynes
------Thomas---Bailey----Jennings-----
----------------Fleck-----------------------
-------Wilson--------Cody----------------

stupot07

Has the 10 point dedcution simply meant that any games from here on in are pre season friendlies, with Elvis looking at players to see who he wants to keep, formations etc.

No point playing martin or bailey they won't be here next season either.

I think we'll lose 1-2.

ampthill_sba

Stewart will start at lb
Baker will start too I hope
Like the idea of Wilson/Cody starting together.

Otis

No point playing martin or bailey they won't be here next season either.

I think we'll lose 1-2.

Agree.Drop Martin and Bailey. Pretty sure though that SP said Willis was injured.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

stupot07

Agree.Drop Martin and Bailey. Pretty sure though that SP said Willis was injured.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Yeah Willis is also injured. Might as well play edge and dare I say it.....Malaga.
Also there's no point rushing baker back.

However I expect SP to pick the same side but just baker in for fleck, and Thomas in for inured Jennings.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Donny have a better away record than us this season. Won 13 away from home i think?

So that, plus our home form, irrespective of the off field problems, im going for a 1-3 defeat :(

Hope McSheffrey is finally dropped for a player who actually puts even a little bit f effort in......

Id also shuffle the back four again, probably playing Willis at the back! Hes a kid, but hes got a few games under his belt and has looked half decent when ive seen him.

Plan for next season.

Edit: didnt realise Willis was injured!

Last edited:

spwaverley4916

i think we will lose and then be looking over our shoulder and watching how close we are to relegation - the more realistic target now is getting enough points to avoid another drop

Brighton Sky Blue

No chance of a result today-atrocious home form, weakened team, against the league leaders. Just hope we can keep the score down and avoid more humiliation.

oakey

Very difficult to call. However, we do seem to do better against the stronger teams so a draw for me, maybe 1-1, Moussa goal

I am not going to predict this one. We do have the best away record but CCFC could raise their game today? Also, our results often depend on who scores first. I can think of perhaps only once or twice where we haven't gone on to win after scoring first this season. We have a tendancy to sit back when in front, but this can come back to bite us ie last week we just about held on to a 3-2 win at Scunthorpe.

By form and results, we should win 2-1 or 3-1, but you gave us a lesson at our place before Christmas remember.

After the shenanigans of this week, I just hope the game is entertaining!

Hincha

Since the Doncaster away win we have lost all our best players - McGoldrick left, Clarke, Baker, Wood, Christie, Adams injured, back ups - Willis, Jordan Clarke injured, Cameron left. Our home form has been dreadful and we have nothing to play for. The players will not want to get injured and dont expect any meaty challenges from us. Dont think we will win, best we can hope for is a draw.

LJC_CCFC

If Donny go up they will be one of the worst teams to ever get promoted...as I said from the start of the season this really is a poor league and what has killed us this season has been the lack of stability...we've mised the boat this season and next year will be much harder with teams like Bristol City, Wolves and Wednesday potentially coming down and Gillingham and Vale coming up...plus a rejuvenated Preston with Grayson...There is big work to be done in the summer for Pressley

stupot07

If Donny go up they will be one of the worst teams to ever get promoted...as I said from the start of the season this really is a poor league and what has killed us this season has been the lack of stability...we've mised the boat this season and next year will be much harder with teams like Bristol City, Wolves and Wednesday potentially coming down and Gillingham and Vale coming up...plus a rejuvenated Preston with Grayson...There is big work to be done in the summer for Pressley

We also let thorn waste the majority of our transfer budget - just Jennings and edge out of 9 summer signings have managed to hold down a regular starting birth.

SkyBlue_Bear83

0-2 loss, think the points deduction will have really ruined morale. Think whilst we still had half a chance off play offs there was sort of an us against the world mentality and a desire to succeed against the odds but now just think the players will be totally demotivated

LJC_CCFC

We also let thorn waste the majority of our transfer budget - just Jennings and edge out of 9 summer signings have managed to hold down a regular starting birth.

The summer with Thorn, the first three games. the Shaw period, not signing DMC, the Robins stuff and all the recent crap...really we are lucky to still be in this league

Users who are viewing this thread