Coventry v Yeovil matchday thread (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

its gonna be tough

just never understood this "top 6" easy optimism,

get to 1-1 at HT and come out pressing

Nonleagueherewecome

We'd have bloody delighted with 1-1 away from home last year.

That'll be the expectancy level going through the roof, then.

skyblue4ever

People expecting far to much. First game of the season, away from home, against a side predicted to be battling, who's managed by Gary Johnson. And people want us to slaughter them. It was always going to be a tough tough game where we spend long periods under the kosh. If people think we're going to walk this league, they are in for a rude awakening.

finally someone talking some sense. thank god!

dojer

Hopefully this isn't the team Thorn thinks will be his XI for the rest of the season. If we have a bad start but use it to find a winning formula then that's forgivable. Thorn has to learn from his mistakes. He has to know that this performance is deeply below-par for a side who he says is going for promotion. Right now the point is a minimum but the target should be to vastly improve that pathetic first half performance.

mark82

its gonna be tough

just never understood this "top 6" easy optimism,

get to 1-1 at HT and come out pressing

For me top 6 is a minimum requirement. We should realistically be challenging top 2 and automatic promotion. If we don't do it then there should be consequences.

Nonleagueherewecome

Why is he so obsessed with the fucking diamond?

'Cos we don't have any wide men. I suppose there's an argument that he should have signed some, though.

Marty

Same issues as last season? anybody at the game?

Paxman II

Think Thorn picked the wrong side today which shows he still lacks that edge of expereience as a manager for me anyway.

Fleck hardly played recently but starts today? No Baker who at this level would be a huge threat.
Macca not in the side for the first game of the season? Brown instead of the talented Malaga?
Daniels with better signings on the bench?

Should we not be hitting the ground running on the first day with all our guns blazing and putting the fear of God into the opposition phycologcally at least with the likes of McSheffrey and co? A missed opportunity by Thorn I feel.

Still plenty of time to shake it up and put things right. Yes it won't be easy this season but it should be simple enough with our squad to attain more victories than most! ;)

Nantwich Skyblues

my mate just text me... said we are abysmal and have been totally outplayed... how far do we drop .. its early days i know.. but under Thorn were fooked:facepalm:

Nonleagueherewecome

So you think this league is where a club the size of Coventry should be?

It was big enough for Leeds, Southampton and Charlton for 2 or 3 sesons. We are a very arrogant little club!

Marty

'Cos we don't have any wide men. I suppose there's an argument that he should have signed some, though.

You know yourself some should have been signed.

Anybody mind if I take over the reigns for the rest of the season? :D

hill83

Finally, some sense.

The knee jerkers on this forum are utterly ridiculous.

After the 8-0 thrashing of Hinckley we were basically guaranteed champions. Then we lost heavily at Wrexham - relegation beckons, Thorn must go before a league ball has even been kicked.

FFS it's 1-1 at half time, away, tricky fixture, first game of the season.

No knee jerk from me.
I'm saying what I see. Simple as that.

sylus

Finally, some sense.

The knee jerkers on this forum are utterly ridiculous.

After the 8-0 thrashing of Hinckley we were basically guaranteed champions. Then we lost heavily at Wrexham - relegation beckons, Thorn must go before a league ball has even been kicked.

FFS it's 1-1 at half time, away, tricky fixture, first game of the season.

its yeovil ffs.. YEOVIL.

Nonleagueherewecome

McSheffrey, Kilbane, Baker, Bell (when fit).

Sheff-not a winger
Kilbane-too slow for LW
Baker-more suited to a central role in the hole or centre-right of a 3
Bell-never fit, legs completely shot from injury.

mark82

It was big enough for Leeds, Southampton and Charlton for 2 or 3 sesons. We are a very arrogant little club!

And I think you will find those clubs considered not getting promotion failure. I am not saying we will go up but we should be aiming for it and be disappointed if we don't. I think the lack of ambition from the fans is a symptom of our failures over the last 10 years.

Nonleagueherewecome

Both Leeds and Saints would have been top 6 in their first season if it wasnt for a points deduction.

Im sorry but it has to be top 6 minimum for us this year.

Maybe we will be? But no, lose or-shock-draw today, and we won't?

torchomatic

And? I think a lot of people still have the Premiership mentality for our League One club.

its yeovil ffs.. YEOVIL.

Sutty

It's no surprised we've panicked and started hoofing after the equaliser, the dark cloud that is last season's away record will still be hanging over the club and be firmly on the players' minds. The sooner we shake that the better.

It's a big team talk for AT. Maybe bring Jennings on to try and get control of the midfield?

Users who are viewing this thread