Coventry v Yeovil matchday thread (3 Viewers)

Nonleagueherewecome

And I think you will find those clubs considered not getting promotion failure. I am not saying we will go up but we should be aiming for it and be disappointed if we don't. I think the lack of ambition from the fans is a symptom of our failures over the last 10 years.

Didn't say they didn't, but them, Sheff Wed, Preston, Sheff U, Forest and other "big clubs" have failed to get out of this league first attempt. It's the expectation that this will be a cake-walk that irks me as disrespectful to the division.

torchomatic

We won on Tuesday.

It's no surprised we've panicked and started hoofing after the equaliser, the dark cloud that is last season's away record will still be hanging over the club and be firmly on the players' minds. The sooner we shake that the better.

It's a big team talk for AT. Maybe bring Jennings on to try and get control of the midfield?

torchomatic

Nonleagueherewecome

Nonleagueherewecome

Not at all, its only 1 game, but its against a team that nearly went down last year.

They were all but relegated, then showed play-off form under Johnson to stay up. Then signed players.

torchomatic

Just realistic. Believe it or not, we are going to lose some games this year. Doesn't mean we are shit or that Thorn is shit. Some fans think we will win every game we play. The same happened when we dropped out of the Prem.

are you for real....

Perryccfc

And look at the game from Yeovils perspective, a big club, with good players, and decent fanbase, first game of the season, at home, full house. They will want a win just as much as we do. Id have snatched your hand off for a point before the game

Marty

Lets hope the players are going to perform this half. PUSB!

Although just stuck some money on us to lose ;)

mark82

Didn't say they didn't, but them, Sheff Wed, Preston, Sheff U, Forest and other "big clubs" have failed to get out of this league first attempt. It's the expectation that this will be a cake-walk that irks me as disrespectful to the division.

I didn't say it would be a cake-walk. Merely said we should be challenging promotion. If not, changes are needed.

Paxman II

Just because people are positively looking at promotion or playoffs as a minimum does make them beleive it's a cake walk! Some people like to have their glass half full not half empty in their line of thinking. Then some i see simply refuse to be positive...

mrtickle

For me top 6 is a minimum requirement. We should realistically be challenging top 2 and automatic promotion. If we don't do it then there should be consequences.
Liquidation I imagine. If we don't go up I can see us in real trouble. We need to at least get into playoffs

sylus

Just realistic. Believe it or not, we are going to lose some games this year. Doesn't mean we are shit or that Thorn is shit. Some fans think we will win every game we play. The same happened when we dropped out of the Prem.

you see with thorn...losing is in his nature...thorn is shit...

torchomatic

Well, there you go. Your mind is made up; Thorn is shit.

you see with thorn...losing is in his nature...thorn is shit...

Nonleagueherewecome

Just because people are positively looking at promotion or playoffs as a minimum does make them beleive it's a cake walk! Some people like to have their glass half full not half empty in their line of thinking. Then some i see simply refuse to be positive...

Thats fine. But I'm suggesting that those who are complaining about a draw at Yeovil (at H/T, FFS!) do have expectaions that it would be a cakewalk. Mmm, cake...

Nonleagueherewecome

9 new players - not going to be easy to get them to gel

Which is one reason why I'd have rather kept Gael & Keogh and not signed so many players!

Nonleagueherewecome

Think people are complaining about the performance rather than the score.

Wow, I never get how people can watch a game and type at the same time. Surely they are missing most of the action?

Grendel

9 new players - not going to be easy to get them to gel

What 9 players are making their debuts? That must be a league record. Who are the 2 from last season who are playing?

Users who are viewing this thread