Yeovil vs Coventry City RATINGS THREAD (2 Viewers)

CCFC_Charlie

Didn't see any of these style threads yet so I thought I'd make one, sorry if it already exists.
(Also, only offer ratings if you actually went to the game please rather than what you have judged from the radio and 30 seconds of highlights.)

Joe Murphy - 7 - Good game from Joe today, made two very good one on one saves that would have seen us go behind. Could have possibly done better for the goal.

Jordan Clarke - 8 - One of the best games he's had for us, won 80-90% of the tackles he went for and won alot in the air too. Bit too much hoof for my liking though.

Reece Brown - 5 - Looked a bit suspect today, made a few sloppy mistakes which he'd need to cut out, nearly cost us a goal in the first half. Also a bit hoofy.

Richard Wood - 6 - Average game for Woody, pretty solid defensively but made some sloppy decisions. Could have been a threat from corners if it wasn't for that prick of a Number 5 for Yeovil?

Chris Hussey - 4 - Appalling game from Hussey, every time he got the ball he'd hoof it down line to no-one or lose it. Defensively he gave his man far too mch space and was getting beaten every time when Number 7 came on.

Billy Daniels - 5 - Quiet game, didn't show anything to suggest he's something special. Gave away some needless fouls but played a few good balls through.

Adam Barton - 8 - Looked very good, was gliding past his man at times, created a few chances and looked like a good passer of the ball. Could have won it with a brilliant 25 yard curling shot.

Kevin Kilbane - 7 - Also impressed, looked pretty comfortable with the ball at his and could pull the strings if we keep him fit.

John Fleck - 6 - Wasn't on long enough to judge fully but looks a talent. His ball in for the goal was very good, shame that he'll be missing for a bit now.

Callum Ball - 5 - Didn't offer much at all, first touch was abysmal at times. Needs to improve massively.

Cody McDonald - 6 - Looked very sharp which is good and took his goal well. Missed 3 very good chances though which is a concern. Still think he's a 20 goal a season striker at this level though.

Subs

Gary McSheffery - 3 - Absolutely dreadful performance from Sheffers, started poorly and got worse as soon as the fans started getting on his back. Was trying far too hard and messing up the basics. Drop him for a week or so and see if he can sort his head out.

Stephen Elliott - 5 - Didn't really effect the game, looked a little too small to have an impact with the style of football we were attempting to play. Would start him on Tuesday though.

Steven Jennings - N/A - didn't play long enough to judge, showed some encouraging signs though.

Andy Thorn - 5 - Don't think he got the tactics right, didn't seem to have much shape and we seriously lack penetration, not due to personnel but down to the fact that our player make 5 passes when only one is needed. Not sure where the hoofball came from either.

Astute

Agree with most of that, but cody worth more than a 6. 7 and would have been an 8 if any of his other chances would have gone in. He was a constant threat. Well taken goal. Always looking to do something.

CCFC_Charlie

Agree with most of that, but cody worth more than a 6. 7 and would have been an 8 if any of his other chances would have gone in. He was a constant threat. Well taken goal. Always looking to do something.

I had him as a 7 but them mark him down for the missed chances, especially the one in injury time. Sill had a good game though

tippex9

Made his own chances by battling with centre halves and taking possession off them, just a shame he couldn't finish them off. Hope the knock he got in injury time ain't too serious.

ampthill_sba

Joe Murphy - 7 - Agree

Jordan Clarke - 6 - defensively sound but offered very little in attack and hoofed it, also missed open goal attempt.

Reece Brown - 5 - Agreed, v poor first half

Richard Wood - 6 - Agreed

Chris Hussey - 4 - Agreed but tbf no-one offered themselves to receive going forward on the left other than the distant Cody. Midfield offered nothing wide.

Billy Daniels - 5 - Agreed

Adam Barton - 8 - Agreed

Kevin Kilbane - 6 - Didn't link well with Hussey forcing Hoofball

John Fleck - n/a

Callum Ball - 5 - Agreed but I thought his physical presence caused problems and work rate was high

Cody McDonald - 7 - despite missing chances this was a good performance and he worked hard and was a threat; more than any sky blue striker since King

Subs

Gary McSheffery - 3 - Agreed

Stephen Elliott - 5 - Agreed.

Steven Jennings - would start instead of Daniels on Tues

Andy Thorn - 3 - Poor tactics and formation :( Faces sack if defeated at home in next two games.

Murphy - 8 couple of great saves to keep us in it.
Clarke - 6
Brown - 6
Wood - 8 headed everything and made good interceptions
Hussey - 5 the random hoofing of the ball was baffling
Daniels 1 I know he is young but was crap can't pass, tackle do anything what chance do we have of playing football when the man who is supposed to start off our moves and keep it on the floor just boots it aimlessly anywhere
Killer - 4 should be playing Dm or not at all, to slow to play left side as a result left huge spaces down the flank
Barton - 8 touches of real class, can only get better
Fleck 7 great assist, composed on the ball
Ball 5 looked a bit fat
Cody 8 great goal should of had 4 he will have 20+ by the end of the season
Macca - 4 too slow highlights how we need pace in this team e.g nimley
Elliot 5 some decent touches
Jennings 6 should have started will be very good I predict
Thorn 6 three mistakes 1 making killer captain now he has too play every game like Stephen wright wood should be the skipper 2 playing kilbane left side 3 playing billy Daniels granted there wasn't much football yday but the pitch was bad, our best football will come at home. As regards the formation I still think 4231 is a better bet if we get some pace in the team.

Users who are viewing this thread