Coventry v Sheffield UTD matchday thread. (4 Viewers)

2 points off the play offs.

Draw against favourites for automatic promotion.

Yeovil just won away 3 - 1

My Guiness is half full

Undefeated this season.

Stumbled on our best centre half pairing.

Brown will be on the bench as back up when Clarke Is back.

Elliott may now help cody.

Thanks Gonzo I like that post hit the nail it's not all over yet!

AFCCOVENTRY

Donny starting the season in style... does a lot for confidence.

Bury becomes a must win game as we need a winning mentality quick for any promotion challenge.

The annoying thing is Sheff U don't look anything special at all.

Oh well... early days... just frustrating :)

spudgun2000

What the effing hell are you lot on about??? 2 games in not lost,rebuilding a squad and all most can do is (I am not including those who haven't) is say we are crap and are going to have a tough season and get rid of AT. We drew against a strong fave for promotion lets take this for as it is a good result.

Tad

Fair result I think. We were awful in the 1st, and only really woke up for about 30 mins in the 2nd.

mark82

What the effing hell are you lot on about??? 2 games in not lost,rebuilding a squad and all most can do is (I am not including those who haven't) is say we are crap and are going to have a tough season and get rid of AT. We drew against a strong fave for promotion lets take this for as it is a good result.

Reasonable result. Forget the bookies, we will play better teams than Sheff Utd this year.

dongonzalos

Interesting in the forum. Shaw singled out Bury as a very important tough game.

Wonder if they pinpointed that for an important one to get the first win.

If we do win that u are talking 5 points from first thre games.

I would have been happy with that before the season started.

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern

Yeah. Big deal! Drew at home after taking the lead! Lost two valuble points. Lack-lustre guts. I'm now into my 51st year of supporting the City. I should be used to this crap by now!

spudgun2000

Reasonable result. Forget the bookies, we will play better teams than Sheff Utd this year.

True, but the team should have settled more together then, if AT has a squad that wants to play his style it should work.Remember it is the 1st time he has chance to stamp his mark on the squad

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Im happier tonight than I was on Saturday V Yeovil. A home draw isn't a good sign but it was really a game of two halves.

Some Highs (Wood, Malaga, Elliott), some lows (Brown (again), Baker).

And to cap it off, Thorn just said the 'goal' was a goal. We were robbed.

We deserved three points from that game :D

thechase

Draw was a fair result. Effort was there, especially Elliott and McDonald who both looked ready to drop. Wood had an outstanding game. The reason for the goal against, and a lot of problems in general, was down to Brown. He hasnt impressed me in any games so far and looks far from ready for the team. Overall could have won but also could have been 2-0 down a half time.

Gaz

We were poor in the first half but I was happy with our play in the second half.
Overall I think we were unlucky not to win.

The second half you could see the team starting to clic together, we just need a few games and we will get better.

Macca

True, but the team should have settled more together then, if AT has a squad that wants to play his style it should work.Remember it is the 1st time he has chance to stamp his mark on the squad

What the fooks he been up to since he started then?

spudgun2000

Yeah. Big deal! Drew at home after taking the lead! Lost two valuble points. Lack-lustre guts. I'm now into my 51st year of supporting the City. I should be used to this crap by now!

Still a point, Arsenal took a while to top the table when they had a unbeaten season,yes i know this is unlikely BUT i am not going to be upset by being unbeaten in two, why don't we get behind the team and manager for a nice change, could it harm? no. Could it help? maybe

Macca

We were poor in the first half but I was happy with our play in the second half.
Overall I think we were unlucky not to win.

The second half you could see the team starting to clic together, we just need a few games and we will get better.

We were the better side for 20 mins. There is potential there no doubt. Just as long as we dont get too far behind during the settling in process. Let's face it this ain't a great league and it won t take much for us to compete

spudgun2000

What the fooks he been up to since he started then?

SISU not letting him and selling players from under him, managers work better when they choose the players that play for them

Macca

Still a point, Arsenal took a while to top the table when they had a unbeaten season,yes i know this is unlikely BUT i am not going to be upset by being unbeaten in two, why don't we get behind the team and manager for a nice change, could it harm? no. Could it help? maybe

Plenty of support tonight once the team showed they were up for it

Martin180

I think most said it could take up to 10 -15 games for the squad to gel together

These first two fixtures were two of the biggest banana skins we could have had .We have lost leads but we havent lost games ,momentum comes from being unbeaten

spudgun2000

Plenty of support tonight once the team showed they were up for it

It needs to be shown for the full 90 mins, we complain that they don't play for 90 minutes, so we should support for 90 mins

Macca

I think most said it could take up to 10 -15 games for the squad to gel together

These first two fixtures were two of the biggest banana skins we could have had .We have lost leads but we havent lost games ,momentum comes from being unbeaten

If it takes 1/3 of the season to gel then forget promotion. Then the team changes and takes another 1/3 of a season to gel then ...........

Grendel

Sounds like he may not last long here. Certainly not in the first team.

He improved in the second half. Very few players had good games. Good moments maybe but over 90 minutes a lot were poor. The 2 centre halves emerged with most credit.

mark82

If it takes 1/3 of the season to gel then forget promotion. Then the team changes and takes another 1/3 of a season to gel then ...........

Got to get a win on the board this weekend now IMO. If not you start getting left behind.

Grendel

Got to get a win on the board this weekend now IMO. If not you start getting left behind.

Agreed. We have to win and show a lot more appetite than we did for most of tonight.

spudgun2000

In reality that is completely impossible to expect

All right, cheer them on for 90 even if shite, start chanting 'We can win it!!!' If any of the players reads this thread they are likely to be de-motivated, and from previous threads when we win they will still think they played crap from what is wrote on here

Mr pot

Positives....

Malaga and Wood are the pair
Elliott will be a good foil for Cody

Negatives
Brown... isn't good enough at the moment.... he needs to learn fast
4 points dropped in 2 games
Creativity lacking
Thorn should have made early subs

Has thorn ever made an early sub?

Users who are viewing this thread