Coventry v Yeovil matchday thread (1 Viewer)

Nantwich Skyblues

Thorn is not up to the job.. why some of the muppets on here cant see it baffles me.... we should not be accepting this for our club

Sick Boy

Why is Thorn using a formation which he does not have the players for? I wonder what Carsley & Shaw make of it all?

Nonleagueherewecome

Nonleagueherewecome

That works the other way too.

I know, but then you'd have been in the money: I think you saved us a point, TBH.

Nonleagueherewecome

Why on earth did Linell read out the Championship scores before L1? Who cares?!?

stupot07

Who's idea was it to play a team full of new players.
As I said before the game, was never going to work!

Yeah o'f have played
Murphy
Clarke
Henderson
Wood
Hussey
Daniels
Baker
Ruffels
Sheff
Cody
ROD

Just to be on the safe side ;)

Nonleagueherewecome

What about Malaga everyone is raving about?

Haven't seen him, but yes, maybe give him a chance whilst Colin isn't fit.

scroobiustom

not that anyone will read this but it takes time to bread a culture of winning!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Well that was dire! One dimensional! No urgency and no passion apart from probably Clarke and Cody. Felt sorry for Cody as he has his best game in a City shirt and no support from anyone else. New lads definately need Time although Fleck pulling up injured is a worry and makes me think he was rushed back from the injury that kept him out of Tuesdays game too quick! What disappointed me most was the players seemed happy to accept a draw very early on into the game! To get out of this league we need to be a hell of a lot better. Interesting reaction by fans at the end, booing players off, with mcsheffrey taking the majority of the stick. He also responded by making hand gestures to the group. Not obscene gestures, looked like he was trying to make a point of some sort, but still I don't think fans are going to be as lenient with him as they have been in previous years

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Was Sheffers that bad?

No more than usual however it's about time started to forget the 'Cov kid' status he seems to carry which prevents him from stick better players than him have encountered in the past.

His corners though were shocking. As we're our throw ins. Two things professional footballers get taught at grass roots level!

he wa also greedy when he came on too many times. More so than usual.

Cody without a doubt our best player today

ericagradus

I feel as a team pushing for promotion, we can afford to take draws away as long as we are securing 3 points at home.

Yeovil are one of bookies favourites to go down, but equally we know that this is going to be a tough division and we need to battle for every point.

I would have taken a point before the game, BUT what I am not happy about is the feedback on the performance from the fans who made the match.

Glad to here Cody and Clarke battled, but we need 11 players with tempo and effort. I would have thought the competition for players would have driven players on to fight for their shirt. But it sounds like there was no urgency.

We need to make sure that set pieces aren't a problem for us when defending. And this is down to management and tactics. I don't want us conceeding from corners... Because this should be avoidable.

I think Tuesday will be a real wake up call for Cov and I suggest that played start playing for their shirt. I want passion! I said in a thread in Keogh leaving that I actually thought Cranie was our better player technically. But Keogh showed how players can improve their game two fold by increasing effort levels and passion.

Nonleagueherewecome

Lets hope Fleck isn't out for long as I don't look forward to seeing Sheff on todays showing

Sheff verses Sheff ;)

Covstu

Let's face it, not great but we have brought in a virtually new team! They are going to take a while to gel.......

FinnishSkyBlue

if fleck is out for a while, then play barton behind the strikers. kilbane as the holding midfielder, jennings and daniels as the other two midfielders.

Nonleagueherewecome

if fleck is out for a while, then play barton behind the strikers. kilbane as the holding midfielder, jennings and daniels as the other two midfielders.

That'd be Kilbane and Daniels swapping positions, wouldn't it though? Doubt that'll happen. With no Fleck and Sheff looking all washed up, and Daniels the only DMC option, we are now shoe-horning people out of position to justify the diamond.

Problem being that 433 will be 451 with Cody out wide with us, whereas 442 will just be bollocks with our wide options. Thorn has driven up a diamond cul-de-sac.

Nonleagueherewecome

Can we risk Kilbane out wide at his age and go 442, Baker RW? I really don't want to see us play with one up front, which is the other alternative formation option..

Users who are viewing this thread