Match Thread Coventry City vs. Peterborough United Match Thread - Friday 23rd Nov (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Once Pep has won the world with City he should try his hand at a club going broke in the lower leagues, see how he takes on that challenge. He could even pick one with a similar kit colour if it made him feel better...

Does make you wonder how top level managers like that would do if they went in at lower league with restricted budgets and added pressure.

Going in with bigger budgets than the rest of the league to buy the players you want straight away will always give you an advantage. It means you can then play any style of play as you can buy the best players in the world suited to it.

If he had the freebie / loans only, would he be able to?

steve82

Once Pep has won the world with City he should try his hand at a club going broke in the lower leagues, see how he takes on that challenge. He could even pick one with a similar kit colour if it made him feel better...

Would end in failure I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hamil99

Facebook User
Is this game on tv?

Sorry if it has been mentioned, i'm currently moving so don't have time to read through.

Adge

Lets get back to winning ways after 3 defeats on the bounce. Going for a 2-1 for us.

TewkesburySkyBlue

Would like to see opposite too

Pullis given man city job or moyes man u...Oh wait
No not on Sky or I follow even though some of us bought a pass earlier in the week really don’t know what’s going on. Sounds like a normal CCFC / EFL f.... up. Piss up and brewery come to mind,
Is this game on tv?

Sorry if it has been mentioned, i'm currently moving so don't have time to read through.

Garryb80

No not on Sky or I follow even though some of us bought a pass earlier in the week really don’t know what’s going on. Sounds like a normal CCFC / EFL f.... up. Piss up and brewery come to mind,
Think it us because it isnt classed as a midweek game therefore not a live online gamr

chiefdave

Think it us because it isnt classed as a midweek game therefore not a live online gamr
Shouldn't make any difference according to the EFL site
EFL Clubs will be able to live-stream in the UK and Ireland any league match via their respective iFollow (or equivalent) service that takes place outside the blocked hours of 14.45-17.15 on Saturday afternoons and that is not broadcast live on Sky Sports.

SkyBlueJord

Does make you wonder how top level managers like that would do if they went in at lower league with restricted budgets and added pressure.

Going in with bigger budgets than the rest of the league to buy the players you want straight away will always give you an advantage. It means you can then play any style of play as you can buy the best players in the world suited to it.

If he had the freebie / loans only, would he be able to?

Speaking directly about Pep, I don't think he would struggle as teams would gladly allow some of their best young players to go out on a season loan to work with Pep. Other players would love to too. Can't help but think that player transfers/wages would be cheaper making life a little bit easier.

Would be very interesting though non-the-less.

Nick

Administrator
It's going to be a cold one tonight boys and girls.

Wrap up warm!

Was thinking about it yesterday

2 Pairs of socks
Thermal Long Johns
Under Armour
jumper
coat
hat
gloves

s-l300.jpg

Have found at the Ricoh it's mainly toes and knees that get cold!

Great_Expectations

I’m hopeful we’ll get back to winning wags tonight.
I’ve not checked the facts but anecdotally we seem to perform better against good teams.

As always, I hope MR allows us to be attacking and play football. We look so much better.

I’d stick with Chaplin today, but make it clear he needs to play behind JCH. Of course that’s also reliant on JCH turning up.

I think Thomas will be key this game, if him, Baylis and Hiwula are on form we’ll have enough attacking ability and intent to beat them.

I’d also expect MR to have them fired up, considering who their manger is.

2-0 City.

Esoterica

Bit worried about this game. They sit quite deep and use their pace to press or counter so I'm worried about how stretched our midfield will be, especially 2nd half. Looks like Grimmer will be starting again as he did the pre match interview, so I wouldn't be surprised if we were unchanged again.

steve82

I’m going expecting a defeat so anything more I’ll be happy with

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Bit worried about this game. They sit quite deep and use their pace to press or counter so I'm worried about how stretched our midfield will be, especially 2nd half. Looks like Grimmer will be starting again as he did the pre match interview, so I wouldn't be surprised if we were unchanged again.

I really hope we don't just sit for a draw :(

If they counter and press in theory it means gaps should open for us, if Thomas makes a run we need to keep up with him and fill the box / get the rebound or 2nd ball rather than standing on the halfway line admiring it.

Users who are viewing this thread