Match Thread Coventry City vs. Peterborough United Match Thread - Friday 23rd Nov (4 Viewers)

steve82

I think they have to bridge around a £1.5 million loss every single year so that's probably the initial priority you'd hope.

Despite his faults Evans is a good manager at this level. He's got a good track record so you'd think they'd be a safe bet to be up there towards the end of the season. But this season is probably one of the most competitive seasons there's been in League One so it's not going to be easy. IMO I don't think they'll go up through the automatics as Sunderland and Portsmouth look unstoppable at the moment. So it'll probably boil down to the play-offs which as we know full well is a complete lottery.

Evans is the perfect fit for them, knows the level well.

I share you predictions too, very hard league this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bawtryneal

Whilst I’m not 100% sure on how long they’ve taken the stance of any player not engaging into a new deal coming into the 12 months they are placed on the transfer list. However under the ownership of the current chairman they’ve had 2 automatic promotions and also two top 6 finishes with one of those resulting in another promotion, so 3 promotions and the 2 relegations from the championship. That’s near as much success as in the entire history under him.

I like how open he is with the fans, they are aware of what’s happening within their club. I’m not sold on his social media interaction tho so that’s discounted from my thinking, as that’s not for me but he’s done good for the club.

I’ll go against the grain completely and accept the backlash as I like Steve Evans too. Yes he’s a clown, says and does things he shouldn’t but he’s a character who wants to win at all costs and backs his players to the hilt. Generally leaves a club in a far better stable condition than he takes them over in.
A poor mans Harry Redknapp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With regards to your comments about Steve Evans leaving clubs in a better condition than he found them. Suggest you speak with a couple of his ex Chairman and you may change your opinion.

Nick

Administrator
With regards to your comments about Steve Evans leaving clubs in a better condition than he found them. Suggest you speak with a couple of his ex Chairman and you may change your opinion.

emptyfridge-1490387079-1854.jpg

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

What's the deal with block 16? Tried to buy some tickets but it won't let me.

Is there a restriction for non-season ticket holders? Seem to remember something about it.

steve82

Which ones?
Like him or not he’s left his last 4 jobs far better off that’s fact

bawtryneal

Depends how you measure "better off"
Despite Nicks attempt at humour with his empty fridge pic ( initially thought his giro hadn't arrived so he couldn't feed his family) it could be liableous to post on here what I know, so will refrain from commenting.
Last four jobs include Mansfield and Leeds so not sure how you measure those as successful
Jury still out at Peterborough. They are at same point as he joined them currently having spent all his budget for the year. We will see at the end of the season.
Rotherham .....granted he had two promotions but at a great cost internally.

Last edited:

steve82

Depends how you measure "better off"
Despite Nicks attempt at humour with his empty fridge pic ( initially thought his giro hadn't arrived so he couldn't feed his family) it could be liableous to post on here what I know, so will refrain from commenting.
Last four jobs include Mansfield and Leeds so not sure how you measure those as successful
Jury still out at Peterborough. They are at same point as he joined them currently having spent all his budget for the year. We will see at the end of the season.
Rotherham .....granted he had two promotions but at a great cost internally.

Well by better off I mean....

When he took over Mansfield they were 3 points of the bottom yet bizarrely 3 points off the play offs in 19th spot. They were a side who’d won 1 game in 11. By the end of 2016/17 season they missed out on the playoffs by 4 pts in 12th spot.

The following season when he left for Peterborough they were 2pts off the autos in the play offs.

The attendances at Mansfield had also gone up 25% too from a average of 3,439 to 4,757.

At Leeds they were 1pt off the relegation spot and finished 13th with a toxic regime begins the scenes with massimo cellino being disqualified as owner.

Rotherham both he and chairman Tony Stewart parted amicably with differing opinions to the direction of the club, after he took them to the championship from league two.

At Crawley he gave them promotion to the football league leaving them in the play offs before leaving for Rotherham.

So he’s left them all far better off.

clint van damme

Well by better off I mean....

When he took over Mansfield they were 3 points of the bottom yet bizarrely 3 points off the play offs in 19th spot. They were a side who’d won 1 game in 11. By the end of 2016/17 season they missed out on the playoffs by 4 pts in 12th spot.

The following season when he left for Peterborough they were 2pts off the autos in the play offs.

The attendances at Mansfield had also gone up 25% too from a average of 3,439 to 4,757.

At Leeds they were 1pt off the relegation spot and finished 13th with a toxic regime begins the scenes with massimo cellino being disqualified as owner.

Rotherham both he and chairman Tony Stewart parted amicably with differing opinions to the direction of the club, after he took them to the championship from league two.

At Crawley he gave them promotion to the football league leaving them in the play offs before leaving for Rotherham.

So he’s left them all far better off.

are you his wife?!

no_loyalty

I hope it's as good as our last Friday night football match.

steve82

The way you go on it's like you want him to finger your pie.

giphy.gif

Sorry, just couldn't let that term go un-noticed after you had written his CV! :)

Good work, I’ll give you that one.
I did say I’ll take the backlash, appreciate why he’s not liked but I also see what he can do for a side at L1 and L2.

bawtryneal

Good work, I’ll give you that one.
I did say I’ll take the backlash, appreciate why he’s not liked but I also see what he can do for a side at L1 and L2.

I agree, as long as you are prepared to take all the shit that goes on behind the scenes.

no_loyalty

Tom Davies is back in training, no mention of Dujon Sterling.

steve82

he has a thing for dinosaur managers who like to play hoof

bet he was crying when big sam lost england job

Here he is PepGuardiola4life.

I get you appreciate beautiful football, I think we all do however we’re not looking to reinvent the wheel at this level.
A winning brand of football, 3pts on a Saturday evening and promotions are all that’s desired at this level.

And on the point of Steve Evans I go against the majority and just offered the facts as I would on many different subjects. The world is full of sheep who don’t make there own judgements and hang off those of others.
All you can do is offer facts and then people can do as they please. Many are aware he’s a clown with his antics but not what he does as a manager of a football club.

I like to be different and form my opinion, just like you. We’re just polar opposites.
Doesn’t make either of us right tho does it.

Liquid Gold

I get you appreciate beautiful football, I think we all do however we’re not looking to reinvent the wheel at this level.
A winning brand of football, 3pts on a Saturday evening and promotions are all that’s desired at this level.

And on the point of Steve Evans I go against the majority and just offered the facts as I would on many different subjects. The world is full of sheep who don’t make there own judgements and hang off those of others.
All you can do is offer facts and then people can do as they please. Many are aware he’s a clown with his antics but not what he does as a manager of a football club.

I like to be different and form my opinion, just like you. We’re just polar opposites.

Steve Evans said Robins was after the England job after a 1-1 draw with Mansfield in league 2 #steveevansfacts

steve82

Steve Evans said Robins was after the England job after a 1-1 draw with Mansfield in league 2 #steveevansfacts

Ha ha, well nearly....
what he actually said after 1-1 draw with the Stags: "I’ve just watched Robins, little Robins, the manager who thinks he should be the manager of England, absolutely slaughtering Danny Rose on the field of play - ignored.

"We’re going to have counter attacks when they’ve got players like [Marc] McNulty, [Jonson] Clarke-Harris and [Michael] Doyle on big money, and little squeaky Robins, who says that they don’t do all that stuff.
#steveevansfacts

fernandopartridge

Ha ha, well nearly....
what he actually said after 1-1 draw with the Stags: "I’ve just watched Robins, little Robins, the manager who thinks he should be the manager of England, absolutely slaughtering Danny Rose on the field of play - ignored.

"We’re going to have counter attacks when they’ve got players like [Marc] McNulty, [Jonson] Clarke-Harris and [Michael] Doyle on big money, and little squeaky Robins, who says that they don’t do all that stuff.
#steveevansfacts

It was bitterness as both McNulty and JCH turned the fat twat and his tinpot team down before signing for us

clint van damme

HAHA!!

steve82

It was bitterness as both McNulty and JCH turned the fat twat and his tinpot team down before signing for us

Was it... maybe more frustration as what could of been for his team as yes he almost got McNulty and was interested in JCH if I recall.

He was very complimentary to us in fact.......”credit to Coventry players, I’m not faulting their players, they’ve run to the end for their team, they’ve put bodies on the line, the supporters were tremendous, the atmosphere was like a play-off game”

covcity4life

i like pepguardiola4life.

and yes agree we polar opposites. but i can appreicate hoof if it works. i just hope you are not the guy at pub who calls pep boring etc

for the record i fear playing steve evans side tommrow

steve82

i like pepguardiola4life.

and yes agree we polar opposites. but i can appreicate hoof if it works. i just hope you are not the guy at pub who calls pep boring etc

for the record i fear playing steve evans side tommrow

No I appreciate what he’s installed at Man City and how it works. It takes a good group of talented players to adapt to that way tho, it’s top level football to be played on elite pitches.

It’s not something thats practical to install lower down the leagues tho hence I’m in favour of a dinosaur manager say at this level. Reality is the quality of the players mean they would not be able to implement it.
For the record I’m a fan of Eddie Howe in the top flight.

In short football is in reality a simple game over complicated with tactics.

They are good on there travels this season, lost one away from home this season (happened to be the week they was in my accy) they have recruited well, counter attack well and can score freely at times.

You’d like to think we’ve enough to give them a good game for sure

Users who are viewing this thread