Match Thread Coventry City vs. Peterborough United Match Thread - Friday 23rd Nov (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Hadn't realised CC hadn't scored for us in the league prior to last night. Got to get of the mark, hopefully he will do a McNulty as the season proceeds. Yes we are level on points with several teams behind us, all of whom have games in hand, but if you had said to me in the summer that we'd be in the playoffs towards the end of November I'd have taken that for sure.
He had?

lifeskyblue

What was going on with the ball last night? Ref must have made the change it 3 or 4 times.

Evans had his pre match pies, sat on the match balls bag and squashed half of them. Squeaky had to nip to Tesco’s to see if he could pick up one cheap. Today he has to send the receipt through to Joy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irish Sky Blue

Poor half. Yes they are good team and have a good away record but too many are Having poor games - Doyle, Hiwula, Chaplin, JCH, grimmer and bayliss have all been poor

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I thought we played really well in both halves. Agree that Hiwula didn’t do much but I felt all of the others mentioned had lively games. Some of the football we played last night was excellent. Another game in the long list of games this season that goes in the should have won category.

oucho

he's scored 4.
BBC report on the Man U v Palace game:

"But Palace, without a win in their previous seven league games and just above the relegation zone, created several chances to secure a first league win at the venue since 1989." This in paragraph 4 of a match report of a 0-0 draw, the first sentence of which reads: "Manchester United suffered more frustration as they were held to a goalless draw by a spirited Crystal Palace".

Great journalism. Manchester United 0-0 Crystal Palace: Eagles frustrate Mourinho's men

Grendel

"But Palace, without a win in their previous seven league games and just above the relegation zone, created several chances to secure a first league win at the venue since 1989." This in paragraph 4 of a match report of a 0-0 draw, the first sentence of which reads: "Manchester United suffered more frustration as they were held to a goalless draw by a spirited Crystal Palace".

Great journalism. Manchester United 0-0 Crystal Palace: Eagles frustrate Mourinho's men

There is nothing actually wrong with that statement is there?

oucho

There is nothing actually wrong with that statement is there?
Palace didn't win, it was a draw. "...to secure..." reads in the above context as if they actually won.

oucho

Alan Dugdales Moustache

on cwr sport tonight 5-6pm Clive said " Here's what Wasps' manager, Mark Robins, had to say. " .
...bloody hell.

Johhny Blue

Serious question - why does anyone make the effort to go to a game and then leave with 5 minutes left when we're just one goal down? Never understood it.
We weren’t

pastythegreat

Good to read that our crowd was bigger than the Wasps this weekend.
And after seeing pictures, I'm not sure they even had the 11k they stated tbf.
a33b4f4408beb990b2d0c6f3550cfee9.jpg
0d4b05f8b3942577263a0c0c3227dc04.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

SBbucks

We weren’t
We weren’t
We were. Assuming you're being pedantic as they scored in the 90th minute, the 5 minutes additional time went up immediately after they scored, so minimum of 5 minutes left. Even before the board went up, it was obvious there would be somewhere between 4-6 minutes additional time (at least 2 minutes were guaranteed for the 4 substitutions and Jones was down for a couple of minutes). There was plenty of time left to win it, let alone draw it.
Still don't understand the reason to leave early.

clint van damme

We were. Assuming you're being pedantic as they scored in the 90th minute, the 5 minutes additional time went up immediately after they scored, so minimum of 5 minutes left. Even before the board went up, it was obvious there would be somewhere between 4-6 minutes additional time (at least 2 minutes were guaranteed for the 4 substitutions and Jones was down for a couple of minutes). There was plenty of time left to win it, let alone draw it.

If i hadn't flounced out when they scored how do you know we'd have equalised as all of the particles in the universe would have aligned differently if I stayed in my seat.
In fact, stick me down for an assist.

Nick

Administrator

We should really have won it. They would have missed Bayliss with an amazing turn and then instead of laying in one of 2 strikers up with him he had the weakest shot of the game.

clint van damme

If i hadn't flounced out when they scored how do you know we'd have equalised as all of the particles in the universe would have aligned differently if I stayed in my seat.
In fact, stick me down for an assist.
We should really have won it. They would have missed Bayliss with an amazing turn and then instead of laying in one of 2 strikers up with him he had the weakest shot of the game.

I saw that, he probably would have scored if I hadn't ran back in from the toilets, oh bollocks!!

SBbucks

Agreed, and I think they then had a corner in the 94th minute so could have nicked it. Proves the point - a lot can happen in 5 minutes.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Fair play! you restrained and pinned him down in a very pro manner, (ex military or Marshall arts?)
I will be honest I thought he was going to nut you when you let him back up. Was the girl that was crying with him?
Stewards took an age (felt sorry for the female steward in the green coat!)and about 4/5 couldn’t seem to shift him! Heard him say he’d have you outside!
Absolute Idiot the other guy, but fair play you handled yourself and the situation very well!

Well, I'm very flattered, but I think less professional and more 'just Cov innit'.

I thought he was going to nut me too but I gave my gloves to a mate just in case I did have to take things to another level. Personally I think it was a lot easier to pick on the dads and grandads around so when he had someone putting him in his place he wasn't so up for it.

The little girl got separated from her dad but this was a good 5 minutes after it all started kicking off. I don't really blame the female steward, but her generally support was appalling. I'm still quite angry about it actually!

Sky Blue Harry H

Well, I'm very flattered, but I think less professional and more 'just Cov innit'.

I thought he was going to nut me too but I gave my gloves to a mate just in case I did have to take things to another level. Personally I think it was a lot easier to pick on the dads and grandads around so when he had someone putting him in his place he wasn't so up for it.

The little girl got separated from her dad but this was a good 5 minutes after it all started kicking off. I don't really blame the female steward, but her generally support was appalling. I'm still quite angry about it actually!
Sounds like you conducted yourself well Earlsdon. Was it you (and a couple of mates) who spotted the offender opposite Block 14, being held by a couple of police at the end of the game and jogged over towards him? Was walking parallel to you at the time

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Sounds like you conducted yourself well Earlsdon. Was it you (and a couple of mates) who spotted the offender opposite Block 14, being held by a couple of police at the end of the game and jogged over towards him? Was walking parallel to you at the time

It was mate, yeah.

I've just posted more details in the other thread but the only reason we did that was because the stewards just let him go and walk free. We basically ran over to the Police to have a word - although I think some of the other stewards were at that point just in the process of doing the same thing.

It was all a bit crazy so sorry if I don't remember seeing you. Next time we'll grab a pint!

Users who are viewing this thread