Match Thread Coventry City vs. Peterborough United Match Thread - Friday 23rd Nov (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
JCH can hit the ball hard no doubt. Just not convinced he has any accuracy with it. Played well holding up the ball mind.

I'd rather somebody put one wide like that than half of the shots we had that trickled to the keeper or just wide.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Block 20? What started it? I saw another lad restrain him, pin him down, told him to calm and he’d get off him he did and he kicked off again! I managed to get past and out and he was still kicking off on the stairway.

Yep, that lad was me.

Black coat, nice new hair cut and Burton shirt. Congrats, you now know who ESB1 is ;)

He nicked someone's hat then started trying to fight him. He then attacked random people and then grabbed some bloke by the throat on the stairs.

The stewards (one was a woman calling for back up and almost no help came) were fairly ineffective so I took the decision to step in. They weren't trying to dissolve the situation at all.

He swung at me a few times but I managed to smash him to the floor (90 minutes of watching CCFC will do that to you). Eventually he got carted out but was still trying to fight people. There was a girl stood behind me who was about 8 and she was balling her eyes out. Really wasn't fair at all.

He went for me again outside the turnstile after the stewards just let him go. Eventually the Police came to help though. Finally got dealt with.

I was pretty appalled with how most of the bloke stewards behaved. More lightweight than Bayliss in midfield!

Mucca Mad Boys

Satisfied with a draw, especially given the circumstances. Another late goal shows that this team just doesn’t give up, which isn’t something you could say about many Cov teams.

Whilst we were the better team, Peterborough had the more clear cut chances. Their #17 missed a howler before his goal and Burge pulled off a v good save in the first half.

We need to shoot more, we’re good at finding pockets of space around the edge of the box, but instead of shooting, we take one too many touches or passes. We’re over cooking chances at the moment. Generally, we move the ball about well. Defensively, we’re solid, but in the last two home games we’ve gifted 2 goals in similar circumstances, with Doyle getting caught out. Despite his importance to the team, this needs to be addressed.

Enjoyable game, lately, I feel that the product we put out on a weekly basis is a good one.

clint van damme

Yep, that lad was me.

Black coat, nice new hair cut and Burton shirt. Congrats, you now know who ESB1 is ;)

He nicked someone's hat then started trying to fight him. He then attacked random people and then grabbed some bloke by the throat on the stairs.

The stewards (one was a woman calling for back up and almost no help came) were fairly ineffective so I took the decision to step in. They weren't trying to dissolve the situation at all.

He swung at me a few times but I managed to smash him to the floor (90 minutes of watching CCFC will do that to you). Eventually he got carted out but was still trying to fight people. There was a girl stood behind me who was about 8 and she was balling her eyes out. Really wasn't fair at all.

He went for me again outside the turnstile after the stewards just let him go. Eventually the Police came to help though. Finally got dealt with.

I was pretty appalled with how most of the bloke stewards behaved. More lightweight than Bayliss in midfield!

For fucks sake. What an absolute bell end.
Hope they ban the fucker.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Yep, that lad was me.

Fair play! you restrained and pinned him down in a very pro manner, (ex military or Marshall arts?)
I will be honest I thought he was going to nut you when you let him back up. Was the girl that was crying with him?
Stewards took an age (felt sorry for the female steward in the green coat!)and about 4/5 couldn’t seem to shift him! Heard him say he’d have you outside!
Absolute Idiot the other guy, but fair play you handled yourself and the situation very well!

covcity4life

Yep, that lad was me.

Nice to meet you today mate. Next time.no police tho yeh?

Sky Blue Harry H

Really enjoyed that match and it would have been a travesty had we lost. Compared to the Doncaster game, I felt we had more control and the only thing that let us down was our final ball. failure to shoot. We were much the better side, the back4 played well. I thought Bayliss had a better game, as did grimmer and Thomas showed incredible stamina and determination. JCH was strong and Leeeeeee Burge was solid, with one particularly important block towards the end of thr first half. Plenty to be positive about for me.

Grendel

A legend in your own lunch hour. A complete twat in other people's lunch hour.

I think the expression is lunch time

Sky Blue Harry H

A big shout out for the support tonight as well. Considering they had a decent following, I thought we pretty much drowned them out and a really good atmosphere was generated. Hopefully our Texan friends enjoyed it. Hopefully if they were in Block 20, the 'fan' who lost the plot didn't spoil it for them (well done to Earlsdon, who played good cop in helping sort it out - assuming that is what happened)

Rusty Trombone

How many people missed our goal?
I did. Outside I bumped into an old friend who now lives in Peterborough and supports them, he missed both goals as his brother, a City fan, and who was giving him a lift, had told him to leave slightly early to get back to the car so they could avoid the traffic, his brother didn't leave early in the end so saw both goals.

Nick

Administrator
I did. Outside I bumped into an old friend who now lives in Peterborough and supports them, he missed both goals as his brother, a City fan, and who was giving him a lift, had told him to leave slightly early to get back to the car so they could avoid the traffic, his brother didn't leave early in the end so saw both goals.

Good, you should have told him that because you move house you don't change football teams.

giphy.gif

Gazolba

It was great up until the final third. We miss a natural goalscorer. <snip>.
The only one we have is Ponticelli, and he's just coming back from injury and then will be loaned out again.

Terry Gibson's perm

I am happy to take a point from that especially after conceding so late it must have been strange for Doyle not having anybody else to bollock.

They have a good set of players and they would be difficult to stop if they had a manager who knew what he is doing.

On Bayliss if we didn’t have him how would the ball ever get forward as only him and Thomas run forwards with it, yes he makes bad decisions around the box but they are decisions players like Doyle never have to make as he would never get there. I think he is too deep to compensate for Doyle.

How Chaplin got man of the match though again either of the centre backs did little wrong.

Nick

Administrator
I am happy to take a point from that especially after conceding so late it must have been strange for Doyle not having anybody else to bollock.

They have a good set of players and they would be difficult to stop if they had a manager who knew what he is doing.

On Bayliss if we didn’t have him how would the ball ever get forward as only him and Thomas run forwards with it, yes he makes bad decisions around the box but they are decisions players like Doyle never have to make as he would never get there. I think he is too deep to compensate for Doyle.

How Chaplin got man of the match though again either of the centre backs did little wrong.

It was surely just based on him scoring?

Users who are viewing this thread