Match Thread Coventry City vs. Peterborough United Match Thread - Friday 23rd Nov (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Great second half

Grimmer excellent
Thomas excellent
Hyam excellent
Willis excellent
Baykiss excellent

Second half we were good without scoring
Really? People get dazzled by bayliss runs but in reality he wastes it.

Paxman II

Feels like a win. We were the better side overall though they had the better chances to score. A fair result and a sign that we are not far off. They are a good outfit but I did not see much of that particularly. Has to be said we gifted their goal. Our passing was somewhat frustrating at times. Grimmer did well enough but still think Sterling would give us more. Shooting practice would be a good idea.

Nick

Administrator
Feels like a win. We were the better side overall though they had the better chances to score. A fair result and a sign that we are not far off. They are a good outfit but I did not see much of that particularly. Has to be said we gifted their goal. Our passing was somewhat frustarting at times. Grimmer did well enough but still think Sterling would give us more. Shooting practice would be a good idea.
It really doesn't feel like a win

fernandopartridge

It all very lovely but doesn't go anywhere. We don't create much.

Not sure why you think Robins should be anywhere near going.
Doesn't go anywhere? All that was missing was a shot or better decision time after time, we cut through them a few times with good football. We overplay a bit tbh.
We ain't going to create gilt edged chance after chance, nobody does apart from in the imagination of people on here.

mark82

He was pretty good tbh, really linked the play well and involved in a lot of our better football

Thought Chaplin had a poor game personally. Mostly because he constantly had 3 or 4 defenders around him though. Obviously scored though so that counts for a lot. Thomas would be my MOTM.

clint van damme

I love Doyle but that's twice in recent weeks he's cost us a goal with his poor passing and his performance last week was poor.
Let's not tarnish his legacy MR, time to look at changing it in centre mid.

mark82

Doesn't go anywhere? All that was missing was a shot or better decision time after time, we cut through them a few times with good football. We overplay a bit tbh.
We ain't going to create gilt edged chance after chance, nobody does apart from in the imagination of people on here.

They defended very well but we were very wasteful.

fernandopartridge

Thought Chaplin had a poor game personally. Mostly because he constantly had 3 or 4 defenders around him though. Obviously scored though so that counts for a lot. Thomas would be my MOTM.
You couldn't see how Chaplin dropped off into the gap and got us on the ball, or how he collected two balls from corners and set up Thomas on the counter? Did you watch the match?

mark82

What was wrong with the performance apart from a bit of composure in the final 3rd?

It was great up until the final third. We miss a natural goalscorer. I'm not sure if it's players not being in the right position or final balls that are poor but there is something that needs fixing there. We could have torn them apart, we had so much pressure but zero cutting edge. We miss a clinical striker, Chaplin needs time still and we don't seem to want to try anyone else .

Magwitch

In the end and under the circumstances we have to be happy with 1-1, should have won had the better of one of the fancied teams and kept our heads up when it looked we might succumb to a sucker goal. In the top 6 for a day but have proved we can get there atleast, not half way through the season yet, we will get better.

fernandopartridge

It was great up until the final third. We miss a natural goalscorer. I'm not sure if it's players not being in the right position or final balls that are poor but there is something that needs fixing there. We could have torn them apart, we had so much pressure but zero cutting edge. We miss a clinical striker, Chaplin needs time still and we don't seem to want to try anyone else .
Yeah agree, I think it was Brown put a great ball in near the end right on the line of the 6 yard box in the middle of the goal, not one of our 3 players in the box anticipated it

Users who are viewing this thread