Match Thread Coventry City vs. Peterborough United Match Thread - Friday 23rd Nov (1 Viewer)

Gibbo

He was pretty good tbh, really linked the play well and involved in a lot of our better football
Chaplin has not got either the speed of brain, or speed over the ground to score the goals we need. McNulty had a good football brain

Garryb80

Nice to see Chaplin score when allowed to be in the position we signed him for IN THE FUCKING BOX !!!
He was in the box a few times but like his team mates has a phobia of shooting. Chaplin is pretty good outside of the box. He just isnt a natural finisher or striker to me.

D

Deleted member 4439

In the POs places!
Just had a look on the Peterborough forum and one or two are calling for Evans' head!

I don't why, as "We’ve come here and we’ve given them an absolute hiding. We should have been three up at half-time, five up at one stage of the game" @steve evans

Terry Gibson's perm

In the POs places!

I don't why, as "We’ve come here and we’ve given them an absolute hiding. We should have been three up at half-time, five up at one stage of the game" @steve evans

He needs help the man is crazy but this sort of rubbish helps to mask his inabilities as a manager, he has an expensively assembled squad that is under performing just the same as Mansfield

Johnnythespider

at this stage last season McNulty had 4 league goals having played more games than Chaplin has.
I'd be interested to know how many shots McNulty had taken compared to Chaplin at this stage, for me he (Chaplin) wants too many touches in the box. Get it out your feet and hit it.

shmmeee

Not read the thread but anyone else get the feeling Bayliss is playing for a move and not the team. Always trying the 20 yard YouTube clip shot and not the simpler pass to striker.

clint van damme

Chaplin seems a clever enough player for me. It's down to the manager to deploy him correctly rather than in this seemingly free role, or that of deeper into midfield.

we seem to get both him and JCH and the ball in the wrong areas.
We've created so few chances in the box in the last few games.
Simplistic view but we showed how to do it at Charlton with Bakayoko, , get striker in 6 yard box, get ball in 6 yard box!

pastythegreat

at this stage last season McNulty had 4 league goals having played more games than Chaplin has.
At this stage last season we were still playing 4231 with the 2 greediest wingers in the league shooting (not assisting mcnulty) at every given opportunity. The minute we reverted to 442 and played to mcnulty strengths, he showed what he was capable of. We've played to Chaplins strengths most of the season so far and he's been given opportunity after opportunity to score goals.
In this team, given the same opportunities as Chaplin, mcnulty would be on double figures.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

At this stage last season we were still playing 4231 with the 2 greediest wingers in the league shooting (not assisting mcnulty) at every given opportunity. The minute we reverted to 442 and played to mcnulty strengths, he showed what he was capable of. We've played to Chaplins strengths most of the season so far and he's been given opportunity after opportunity to score goals.
In this team, given the same opportunities as Chaplin, mcnulty would be on double figures.

Don't agree about Chaplin, at times we're playing him far too deep. Last week against Burton was ridiculous, he was practically a mid fielder.
MR needs to work on developing his partnership with JCH.
I still have hopes he will come good as McNulty did.

Sky Blue Harry H

Not read the thread but anyone else get the feeling Bayliss is playing for a move and not the team. Always trying the 20 yard YouTube clip shot and not the simpler pass to striker.

Don't see it as that. He's young and still learning. Players who want to leave do that through not trying. He knows people are watching him all the time, so by playing others in to score goals he would get more plaudits from the 'scouts' than doing what you suggested. think it is just a young talented kid, who makes the wrong decision at times. Thought he made some fantastic runs through the middle of the park last night, despite the end product.

Warwickhunt

As the saying goes you have to be in the box to score goals and to be quite honest Chaplin does not command that 6 yard area at all when we are attacking! I thought JCH had a real mans game and caused their two lumps at the back all kinds of problems. Why is it that every team in league 1 have players in their back line over 6 foot 3 inches tall! Even fatty Evans two full backs are giants as well. Our team always seems to look very small in comparrison

Warwickhunt

I thought Fatty Evans forward Ivan Toney was brilliant and its been a long time since i have seen a forward who can bring a ball down and hold onto it as well as he did he caused us a shit load of problems all match.

fernandopartridge

10 goals in 13 games, have a day off

fernandopartridge

Don't agree about Chaplin, at times we're playing him far too deep. Last week against Burton was ridiculous, he was practically a mid fielder.
He's playing deep to accommodate Bayliss who is accommodating Doyle, otherwise the central midfield is miles away from the strikers

covcity4life

No not st all. He is just young and chases the glory of scoring. Both be does attempt audacious passes too. To be expected. As he gets older his decision making will improve

covcity4life

As for Chaplin yesterday he showed some of the hold up play that mcnukty was so good at so that is a plus. And 4 goals isn't a bad return for a late signing

I think he will come good. Just want him in the box more. Hopefully that equaliser will show him and robin's where he needs to be. Had he not been in box bakas header would have caused no panic

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

First time I’ve seen Chaplin in the flesh yesterday, really like his work rate but surprised how much he lacks pace!
I think it’s size you think he’ll be nippy!

Nick

Administrator
First time I’ve seen McNulty in the flesh yesterday, really like his work rate but surprised how much he lacks pace!
I think it’s size you think he’ll be nippy!
Back away from the beers! It's not even 11 :)

Know what you mean though, he isn't that quick. It shows when Thomas goes on a run and nobody can keep up with him to support him.

Otis

For the JCH/Chaplin partnership to work they need to play closer together.

JCH clearly has the ability to provide flick-ons and knock-downs to Chaplin for him to run on to.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Back away from the beers! It's not even 11 :)

Know what you mean though, he isn't that quick. It shows when Thomas goes on a run and nobody can keep up with him to support him.

The Thomas run at the start of the 2nd half was bizarre, he was feeling his hammy before and didn’t seem to be at full speed but eased past their players!

Really should have finished it!

Surely Derby must be tempted in taking him back in Jan as an option from the bench?

oucho

Hadn't realised CC hadn't scored for us in the league prior to last night. Good to get of the mark, hopefully he will do a McNulty as the season proceeds. Yes we are level on points with several teams behind us, all of whom have games in hand, but if you had said to me in the summer that we'd be in the playoffs towards the end of November I'd have taken that for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread