Match Thread Coventry City vs Notts County Match Thread - Saturday 12th May (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Bloody hell that was stressful.

We were better than Notts by miles. They setup to soak up the pressure.

Second leg is now the real pressure game.

kapowaz

Sure he played for it, like a dozen penalties a week are given. Let’s not pretend that we’re still in 1950 and players keep going under every tap they feel.

Honestly I don’t know how Sky commentators’ brains don’t explode under the cognitive dissonance of calling this an injustice and being perfectly happy with it in the PL.

kapowaz

Sky seem convinced it wasn’t a penalty fwiw. Don Goodman calling it all manner of variations on injustice, when really 1-1 is a fair result for a game we (largely) controlled.

Nick

Administrator
Am I the only one who thought that was a crock of shit? I mean seriously...
Not bad play but i'm not sure we deserved all that much and in front of our own fans I expect a win if we want to progress.
Of course we need a win to progress?

Nick

Administrator
I'm not sure he did. Looks like he just went over in what was a clean challenge. That happens. It's not a dive every time a player goes down. Bayliss looked bemused when he got up
I'll watch it again. In real-time it looked like he knew full well but haven't seen a replay

Gazolba

Can't see a draw at home being enough to get us through.
We'll have to up the quality of the finishing to stand any chance.

fernandopartridge

Hahahahahahah bandwagon twat... fuck you you prick, I have an opinion. We controlled the game but didn't have many chances I wanted more at home, i think we could struggle more in the in the second leg... yeah bandwagon... cock womble
You are you pleb, turn up to comment on a match thread. Must be a strange feeling for you

Hobo

I'll watch it again. In real-time it looked like he knew full well but haven't seen a replay

It wasn't a dive he just fell over after County player cleanly got the ball, ref got it wrong.

PTA

We are better than Notts County just a lot less street-wise. They did not deserve their goal and only snuck it in due to Jones' grit and if we hadn't got a non-penalty they would have won and the tie would have been over. They knew exactly how to just soak up the pressure and play poor football to just keep us at bay while getting frustrated.

wingy

It's in our favour
That penalty will really play with their heads .
Stabbing in Paris tonight
Sounds like five people taken out
Perspective everyone.

The CableGuy

Robins:

Pitch was heavy.
Started well.
Created loads of chances.
Played better than scoreline suggested at HT.
County are experienced
Young players did well
We didn't need luck but nice to get some
Should have had a penalty
Would have been gutted if that penalty was given against us.
Hit the post, had shot stopped on line, deserved some luck.

Hullinho87

Very very interesting for next week in all areas.

Two contrasting styles.
It would be unfair to call Notts a long ball team, more functional and direct I suppose ...

.. as it would be inaccurate to call us a pure footballing side, but we do look to involve our midfield more and construct attacks (frustratingly or otherwise).

Whoever’s style kicks in best in the first half next week are likely to win I reckon!

covcity4life

Ill take thwy. Didnt look a pen from where i was

Even game. We probably shaded it but they has good chances too

Davies motm followed by bayliss

Amcoventry

Hahahahahahah bandwagon twat... fuck you you prick, I have an opinion. We controlled the game but didn't have many chances I wanted more at home, i think we could struggle more in the in the second leg... yeah bandwagon... cock womble
BBC stats 14 shots and you say we didn't have many chances? Your an idiot

Johnnythespider

Was it a pen, I couldn't give a shit, it's about time we got one of them. It makes the second leg a lot more winnable. It's ok to be a bit more partisan. These teams have been diving and rolling around all season, I'm with Nick, stamp on one of the fuckers next time and give him something to roll around for.

Hobo

Am I the only one who thought that was a crock of shit? I mean seriously...
Not bad play but i'm not sure we deserved all that much and in front of our own fans I expect a win if we want to progress.

Not necessarily, County have to come out a bit more 2nd leg and that might suit us. What you expect is at odds with what happens in football over two legs. 1-1 at half time and you think we have lost? Unbelievable when we were the better footballing side especially in first half and created 3 really good chances.

Users who are viewing this thread