Match Thread Coventry City vs Notts County Match Thread - Saturday 12th May (1 Viewer)

Paul Anthony

Read this thread before watching the highlights, was expecting something way worse the way people are carrying on.

I've only seen it once on the Sky Sports highlights, but don't think he even looked down at the guy did he? Only ever looked where he was running from what I saw. I think it'd be difficult to prove any intent there.

fernandopartridge

They'll be happier with a draw than us as they clearly came here not intending to play any football.

If we'd have gone there with a defeat we'd struggle, we all know how we can't break sides down that put everyone behind the ball. The draw gives us a real chance, they can't just sit back like they did tonight and I think we're the better footballing side. An open game will suit us.
No they won't. The draw is an awful result for them considering the way the game played out

Ricketts

Frustrated with the way Notts County 'play', dirty, devious b'stards, so quite happy to have the penalty awarded. TBF to the ref, I thought it was a penalty too.

Its the only thing the ref gave us, McNulty blocked off at least twice and fouls given against him.

Brummie Nick on the radio after needs removing from the airwaves. Wants Ponti and McNulty up front for next round. Said he was an idiot for disagreeing with Benno. The only correct thing he said. I think he thinks he is one of the presenters.

M

Martw

The penalty was massive and gives us real hope, Notts County now have to make some effort to come forward on Friday and I hope and believe this may help us.
We are by far a better football team, they are very streetwise however but I think playing a little more on the break and with our pace up front that this one is far from over.
Our 4,500 fans will also be like a 12th man for us..

clint van damme

Worst outcome of all for me in that I will be watching the game in a pub in Leicestershire, with the piss taking of Leicester fans all around me.

Its my daughters football presentation awards tonight, she plays for a team in Leicester and as gutted as I am, she comes first tonight, and so I will miss our biggest game for years.
Wishing I was there!

You've got your priorities right mate.

Otis

I recorded the game last night.

Any idea when abouts the handball incident was? Wish to take another look.

Marty

Is it the one where only McNulty appeals for it?

Just after the penalty. Free kick with a spare man on the back post, possibly Davies. The penalty was soft but the handball was a stone wall, so those evened themselves out, the ref was dire and gave us nothing all game.

Otis

Disagree on the handball.

I am always very much in the has to be deliberate camp though, so no handball for that. Purely accidental.

Have seen them given so many times though.

Covstu

They'll be happier with a draw than us as they clearly came here not intending to play any football.

If we'd have gone there with a defeat we'd struggle, we all know how we can't break sides down that put everyone behind the ball. The draw gives us a real chance, they can't just sit back like they did tonight and I think we're the better footballing side. An open game will suit us.
Just hope we don’t sit back for the game as we will get turned over

Marty

Disagree on the handball.

I am always very much in the has to be deliberate camp though, so no handball for that. Purely accidental.

Have seen them given so many times though.

I thought at the time his hands were above his head? Haven't seen a reply so maybe wrong, but if you jump up like and your arms are all over the place then you're asking for trouble.

Otis

I thought at the time his hands were above his head? Haven't seen a reply so maybe wrong, but if you jump up like and your arms are all over the place then you're asking for trouble.
Yah, get that. I'm just very much all about deliberate handball and I think that is what the rule should be.

steve82

I’m hoping Forte misses next weeks game.

Good player.

Hoping the same too, pace trickery and like to score against us.

Tho take him out we’re faced with Stead and Ameobi. Confident Davies and Hyam will do the job again tho.
Davies on Ameobi should be a interesting watch. Ameobi likes a tussle and Davies is happy to go to war with the tricks too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

duffer

Yah, get that. I'm just very much all about deliberate handball and I think that is what the rule should be.

Much the same here mate, though I think if you're flapping your arms around, perhaps to try to distract your opponent, and as a result the ball hits one of them, then I'd say there's an element of deliberation.

I think Robins was alluding to this in his post match interview. Either way, my sympathy is limited - County were cynical throughout the whole game, blocking off, whining, time wasting etc. About the only decision we got was the pen and imho the draw was a fair result. Wouldn't want to bet on the final outcome on Friday though, think it'll be tight!

NortonSkyBlue

At least we are not picking over the bones of a home defeat and everyone looking for scapegoats for another season in Division 4. Until next week that is.
It was a decent game, nothing to ashamed about, lots of positives, a few negatives and a poor crowd by the "best supporters in the world" standards.
Last nights result can only be evaluated after the return game but now it is down to two wins either on penalties or within the allotted time. Tough but possible.

Grendel

Just after the penalty. Free kick with a spare man on the back post, possibly Davies. The penalty was soft but the handball was a stone wall, so those evened themselves out, the ref was dire and gave us nothing all game.

He gave us a penalty and also missed a blatant sending off

Sick Boy

We played well in the first half but the pitch really didn't help but we were toothless in the second and got out of jail with the penalty.

Otis

Pop over to Notts Footymad board if you want to see them in meltdown, I’ve been having some fun!! Lol

Views from the Kop Forum from Footymad.net
If you are still on there chatting, please do make mention of the cheat for their goal at their place (holding Burge so he couldn't get to the ball) and also the deliberate whack to the nuts of McDonald, which is probably a lot worse than Davies's treading on their defender.

Users who are viewing this thread