Match Thread Coventry City vs. MK Dons Match Thread - Saturday 11th Jan (1 Viewer)

Tommo1993

Westbrooke isn’t the only player who needs to be rested on Tuesday. Not looking for wholesale changes but they look tired as a team.

clint van damme

I don't think we need to win against Doncaster, a draw would be a good result there

You might be right. It depends what happens after as well. Just disappointed with today though based on.the performance it was a fair result.

theferret

Irrespective how Luton did last season... This season is the only thing that's relevant.... 3 points off joint top with a game In hand.

That's where we are this season, if you don't fancy us for automatics because we've only taken 28 from 39 home points then I don't know what to say

This season is very open. After 24 games last season the top 2 were 9/10 points better off than we are now. In any other season we'd be way off the auto spots. You do feel that to make the top two we're going to have to go on a long winning run at some point, but the evidence so far suggests we don't have that in our locker unfortunately.

Sick Boy

Rather amazingly Sunderland are now only 3 points behind us
Not really, they were't ever that far behind us.
Today was on Robins.
Should never have started Westbrooke who is looking increasingly tired by the game.
Then when he did make changes, he hooked the right two players but surely it should have been Allen on instead of Biamou?
The formation was fine it was just the personnel.
We're still in a good position but a tough game Saturday which we really need to win.
I hope the Clarke rumours are true be a use we badly need another striker
Where have the Clarke rumours come from?

clint van damme

This season is very open. After 24 games last season the top 2 were 9/10 points better off than we are now. In any other season we'd be way off the auto spots. You do feel that to make the top two we're going to have to go on a long winning run at some point, but the evidence so far suggests we don't have that in our locker unfortunately.

Luckily, at the moment, no one else looks like they've got a winning run in them either

SlowerThanPlatt

Yes that’s right. Luton had 54 points and Pompey 51

41 points would have us 8th on last seasons table

cc84cov

Robins saying players dead on their feet, why play them?
Why don’t the twat as him on the radio doing the interview Jesus lord robins sees these guys daily in training surely he knew it needed to be changed

theferret

Luckily, at the moment, no one else looks like they've got a winning run in them either

True. A couple of teams will do that though. Rotherham look strong, and maybe Ipswich have got over their wobble. Could be us, not ruling it out, but I'd be surprised, we're not free scoring enough. Top 6 should be fine though.

Blind-Faith

cretin
A Person that is: brainless, stupid, child-like, and full of pointless information that makes no sense and appeals only to other cretins. They can be found in abundance in every single populated internet forum, where they race to post as many mind-numbing messages as possible in a single session. In addition, they seemingly interbreed with other cretins, ensuring that their cretinous genes continue long after they end up dead meaning the Internet will never be rid of their kind. More's the pity.

Sorry I couldn’t resist

SkyBlueCRJ

Robins’ comments are a bit worrying when there’s two matches next week. He’s going to have to prioritise something

CCFCSteve

Let’s not get too downbeat. Yes we should’ve won but we have had a great run recently, played some nice stuff in patches and I actually thought MK were a half decent (beaten Oxford, Portsmouth and Bristol Rovers recently so no mugs)

Sky Blue Pete

I am just frustrated that rather than them scoring a great equaliser we set them up. Thought second half we were better and biamou was unlucky not to score. 1-0 would have been the score but for the mistake at the back

SlowerThanPlatt

I am just frustrated that rather than them scoring a great equaliser we set them up. Thought second half we were better and biamou was unlucky not to score. 1-0 would have been the score but for the mistake at the back

Unlucky or just a player who’s never going to score many goals?

Grendel

Well I’ve had a lot of stick on here and I just wish people would come of the pot.

A lot on here say we have one of the strongest squads in the league

I assume then if we fail to get promoted they will blame the manager?

Grendel

Biamou is the Graham Withey of league 1. I’m sure he is a nice guy but he’s well below the standards required at this level

ps1948

Yes that’s right. Luton had 54 points and Pompey 51

41 points would have us 8th on last seasons table
And yet, despite that haul of points, Pompey are still in Division 3 with us. Points in the bag doesn't always mean promotion - until the end of the season at least!

theferret

The attempt to somehow pin today's result on Max is just a nonsense and stinks of someone desperate to be proved right. Our best two chances of the game came just after changes were made. By all means criticise him for the missed chance (although it was a good save) but you have to level the same criticism at Godden who missed a similar chance and did little else all afternoon (I like Godden fwiw).

Grendel

The attempt to somehow pin today's result on Max is just a nonsense and stinks of someone desperate to be proved right. Our best two chances of the game came just after changes were made. By all means criticise him for the missed chance (although it was a good save) but you have to level the same criticism at Godden who missed an similar chance and did little else all afternoon (I like Godden fwiw).

He should have bought Allen on

SlowerThanPlatt

And yet, despite that haul of points, Pompey are still in Division 3 with us. Points in the bag doesn't always mean promotion - until the end of the season at least!

What are you talking about? That wasn’t the point of my post, my point was that there’s 8 points difference from the top of the table down to 12th - any other season with this points tally we’d be outside the play offs. This is our best chance to go up as there’s little between the top side and the 12th best side

clint van damme

Walsh and dabo were excellent today

I'm a little bit more critical of Walsh than a lot of people but he was great today. Often doing the work of more than one man as the rest of the midfield were badly off the pace.
Dabo MotM for me though he had a poor last 10 as he tired

Users who are viewing this thread