Match Thread Coventry City Vs Exeter League 2 playoff final. Monday 28th May (1 Viewer)

steve82

Yup, same here, unless we lose quite a few of our best players.

I don’t see it, a players only gonna leave if a big big offer comes and it’s gonna be a big jump in club, in which we cannot stand in a players way or such a pay rise we simple cannot compete with.

I don’t see any “sideways” moves of clubs. If the worst happens and we lose a player... well we built a team last summer. The pool of free agents at this level with a man fit for the level is gonna find adequate replacements.

The togetherness of the squad and bond created should be enough to make the majority stay for another go at L2 tho naturally you’d present the likes of McNulty a fresh contract this summer in L1 or L2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

steve82

I will say this tho anyone fearing losing McNulty this summer make sure you sing his name load tomorrow. Feed the man love from 35k+ Sky blue fans it could be enough to say I’ll stay.

Ricketts

I will say this tho anyone fearing losing McNulty this summer make sure you sing his name load tomorrow. Feed the man love from 35k+ Sky blue fans it could be enough to say I’ll stay.

I am sure that helped Michael Doyle sign for another year.

Otis

I think Ponticelli is well capable of getting 20 goals in a season. It's just whether the rest of his game play is up to scratch. McNulty's movement is superb.

steve82

I think Ponticelli is well capable of getting 20 goals in a season. It's just whether the rest of his game play is up to scratch. McNulty's movement is superb.

Since sky featured us v Notts county it’s hi lighted his movement off the ball to the wider public. His movement is unbelievable on his day, makes you wonder what he could of achieved with a player feeding him like Andreu cv suggests.

Ponticelli is a year too soon for me, to put him in McNulty’s boots should he go is a unfair pressure to put him under. Look what abuse McNulty took in the first 2 months here. Another year featuring slightly more regularly and 19/20 season he’s good to go for me.

Otis

Since sky featured us v Notts county it’s hi lighted his movement off the ball to the wider public. His movement is unbelievable on his day, makes you wonder what he could of achieved with a player feeding him like Andreu cv suggests.

Ponticelli is a year too soon for me, to put him in McNulty’s boots should he go is a unfair pressure to put him under. Look what abuse McNulty took in the first 2 months here. Another year featuring slightly more regularly and 19/20 season he’s good to go for me.

Well yeah, for sure, we couldn't put all the onus on Ponticelli. We would definitely need to try and seek out another goalscorer in the transfer market.

steve82

I think Reid could play a very important part tomorrow If he is fired up.

Someone’s started drinking early!

Played a blinder last year. Tho you have to ask what British based player cannot get fired up for a huge occasion at Wembley really is in the wrong occupation.

There will be a stadium of both sets of fans who’d give anything for the chance to play in such conditions on that beautiful lush pitch as opposed to turning in for work the following morning

Sky Blue Harry H

With you 100% on this Otis. I think next season could be 'Ponti time' !

stevefloyd

No question the lad can finish but his all round game is sadly lacking, ok at unders levels but needs a big step up

steve82

Just needs that bit more experience without the pressures of doing it weekly put on him.

Training with players like McNulty will rub off on him alone but it’s game management that he needs to polish up on but he showed at Crawley both aspects of his game are coming.

A terrace hero in the making

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

With you 100% on this Otis. I think next season could be 'Ponti time' !
giphy.gif

mechaishida

I can't be there today lads, I'm gutted, however there are some commitments that go beyond football.

Nevertheless, to all my Sky Blue bretheren, sing your hearts out, shout your lungs out and carry the 11 lads wearing Sky Blue over that finishing line with your passion. Today's our day, we can do it.

Play up you Sky Blues, and bring on Exeter...come ooooooonnnn, let's have it. ️ 3-2, in the spirit of '87.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Daz

Burge
Grimmer
Willis
Hyam
Stokes
Doyle
Kelly
Shipley
Bayliss
McNulty
Biamou

Sky_Blue_Daz

Subs
Jch
Ponti
O’Brien
Thompson
Maguire drew
Reid
McDonald

Happy_Martian

From Exeter's perspective:

upload_2018-5-28_14-4-42.png

upload_2018-5-28_14-5-15.png

Guess Exeter have never had to face playing with a favourites tag. Media putting more pressure on our lads with a continuation of the "Big Club" line but considering our average age, we can do it ! Can't we ? :emoji_fearful:

Happy_Martian

I'm chilled to the bone. Sitting in my seat now.

Same here, 95 miles away and listening to CWR. Linnell getting excited, will he last till kickoff ? :)

hamil99

Facebook User
Watching at home with me dad today, i have all my fingers and toes crossed for the lads. Sky Sports news is really talking us up, Interviewed Richard Wood who is there support us. Everyone seems to be rooting for the sky blues. We have to do this!!!

itsabuzzard

Are you doing that online? All I get is message saying that for contractural reasons they can't broadcast programme. Currently listening on talksport but would prefer a more partisan, sky blue one-eyed commentary.
Same here, 95 miles away and listening to CWR. Linnell getting excited, will he last till kickoff ? :)

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread