Match Thread Coventry City Vs Exeter League 2 playoff final. Monday 28th May (1 Viewer)

jordan210

Discuss the Coventry City Vs Exeter match, tactics and predictions

Hope its ok posting this Nick. Could not see a match thread.

So with ticket sales going well. Its time to get back to predicting how the team will do.

I thinking a nervous 2-1 with Exeter scoring in the 79 min for a scary 10 mins

covcity4life

same line up to start game

reid as a sub if we need a goal

hopefully an easy 5 nil win (mcnulty,biamou,jch,stokes,doyle)

Covkid1968#

OMG the match thread is up.......the excitement is getting unbearable.

Otis

Reid would be perfect for the wide spaces of Wembley, but I just don't think we can risk changing it. I thought Shipley played really well the other night.

The bench is going to hold the most interest.

Any chance Vincenti might make it?

Would guess at:

LOB
Haynes
Rod
JMD or Reid
JCH
Ponticelli

That will be the 6 you would think.

And then the 7th place will probably be out of JMD/Reid Barrett, Vincenti or one of the DKE's.

Mucca Mad Boys

Keep the starting XI completely unchanged.

I’m nervous and excited just thinking about this game, promotion isn’t the only thing on the line, this could mark a shift in momentum of the trajectory the club is taking. Promotion, a few additions and keeping the bulk of the squad together and we could maybe challenge the top half of L1. Failure, and we could tail off and lose a couple of players. Overall, I’m optimistic for next season regardless of Monday’s outcome, but I really want promotion this season.

It’s up us fans, who’ll likely dwarf Exeter’s support by a factor of 3, to roar on the team and really be the twelfth man for the players, to use the oldest cliche!

My prediction: 2-1 and a promotion party for the Sky Blue Army.

Skyblueweeman

Reid would be perfect for the wide spaces of Wembley, but I just don't think we can risk changing it. I thought Shipley played really well the other night.

The bench is going to hold the most interest.

Any chance Vincenti might make it?

Would guess at:

LOB
Haynes
Rod
JMD or Reid
JCH
Ponticelli

That will be the 6 you would think.

And then the 7th place will probably be out of JMD/Reid Barrett, Vincenti or one of the DKE's.

I actually thought Shipley was our worst player. I don’t think he had a stinker by any means but if one player was likely to drop out based on Friday, it would be him. My opinion only though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ashdown

Same team as succeeded so well. Hope we continue to get the luck though with decisions. Our huge comparative support should bouy the lads but it doesn't always work like that with Cov ! It's not that exciting for a club like City to be re entering League 1 if we do but it's a big step in the right direction. I hope potential investors are watching !!

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I actually thought Shipley was our worst player. I don’t think he had a stinker by any means but if one player was likely to drop out based on Friday, it would be him. My opinion only though.

Yea agree, he faded a bit in the 2nd half. Would still start him at Wembley though, Reid as sub if needed around 65/70.

Paxman II

I said before the game against County was the more difficult, but was confident we would turn it around there.
At Wembley I feel it's an easier game, suited to playing football and passing and we will out number the fans there with huge singing support!
One game from promotion with that kind of support and the way we won at a canter against County?
I know Exeter are a better team than County perhaps, but we have players given chances will score. That's what will happen and a tight back four and tackling midfield of Doyle and Kelly being resistant all afternoon.
If we keep our heads, play well we will win. 2 - 0
So looking forward to Sunderland!

Londonccfcfan

Same team. Exeter are a good side. we must not take this game for granted but if we are on our A game then I am optimistic we will have enough to win.
I hope Robins is tactically on the ball because Tisdale is a canny operator and deserves a bigger club than Exeter in my opinion.

Yup after we over in them at Ricoh he completely changed it January played 5 in midfield.

Think he will do the same again there's no doubt about that.

We will be unchanged. The weather could impact it. Looks like a vety hot day on Monday.

Will be sapping conditions but the same for both teams.

If we play anywhere near our potential we will win.

Will still be very tight. Can see it going to extra time.

1 nil. In extra time.

clint van damme

i think if you play this fixture 10 times then the wins per team would be very close.
Cliche, but it depends who turns up on the day.

I think both teams will be highly motivated, (them losing last year should motivate them though it may play on their minds, we'll see). Proper coin toss this one, should be very tense.

Skyblueweeman

i think if you play this fixture 10 times then the wins per team would be very close.
Cliche, but it depends who turns up on the day.

I think both teams will be highly motivated, (them losing last year should motivate them though it may play on their minds, we'll see). Proper coin toss this one, should be very tense.

I was thinking the same about Oxford last year to be fair as they had also lost the year previous. And we saw them off!

steve82

No changes at all.

Changes from the bench could be where this is won. Tim for JCH to step up and show his class with a pumped up display.

Jayden Stockley is the man to stop for them, someone I’d look at if we got promotion to L1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Bit too confident for my liking. Gonna be a tough game, they’re a good side. Depends on which City turns up. Play like we did on Friday and we’ll smash anyone. Play like we have in about half our games this year and we’ll get smashed.

ccfcway

my advice (with notes) would be.....

You've got to hold and give, But do it at the right time (note for Lee Burge about lumping into touch)
You can be slow or fast, But you must get to the line (not really our style)
They'll always hit you and hurt you, Defend and attack (not quite as much as Notts County though, note to Grimmer about defending)
There's only one way to beat them, Go through the middle (we don't have wingers to get round the back)
Catch me if you can,'Cause I'm a Sky Blues man
And what you're looking at, Is the master plan (or a ticking clock if you read this forum)
We ain't no hooligans, This ain't a football song (it clearly is a football song and we may run onto the pitch)
A elephant and castle on our chest (on the one off strip, that's deffo not to do with running out of stock)
I know we can't go wrong (its possible we can go wrong)

Gibbo

The big risk "After the Lord Mayor's Ball". The upside, we will have a huge following willing them on, twice that of Exeter if not more. It has to count. This could be a high scorer 3-2 to us.

Same team but different subs - no point in having two wingers as we did on Friday, Reid will be enough, he has done Wembley before.

pusbccfc

Biamou overhead kick in front of the city fans late on.

He celebrates by lifting his top up to reveal an 'Are you watching Grendel?' t-shirt.

Grendel

Biamou overhead kick in front of the city fans late on.

He celebrates by lifting his top up to reveal an 'Are you watching Grendel' t-shirt.

I hope he scores 5 then someone may actually buy him and we can get a real number 9

Grendel

He he he. Would be funny wouldn’t it though if he had a message for you

I’d have a message for him don’t worry - namely if we hadn’t wasted our time trying to turn a pub player into a forward we’d already be promoted

If we’d kept Nazon and never had him our season would be completed now

no_loyalty

Keep the same side which started on Friday, if we score first I'm confident we will win the game.

I don't like it that we are favourites though, we are usually the underdogs at Wembley

David O'Day

I’d have a message for him don’t worry - namely if we hadn’t wasted our time trying to turn a pub player into a forward we’d already be promoted

Hahaha still flogging that dead horse Grenners? Everyone is laughing at you mate, not with you

Londonccfcfan

Absolute bollocks.
Nazon is polar opposite of Biamou(team player)

Nazon was not a popular member of the team. Would like to see Nazon defend long ball after long ball in our defensive half! Like Biamou did.

The reason why we were so good is that our strikers work their bollocks off!!

Nazon my fucking arse!

Grendel

Absolute bollocks.

Nazon was not a popular member of the team. Would like to see Nazon defend long ball after long ball in our defensive half! Like Biamou did.

Nazon my fucking arse!

We are back to Andy Morrell vs Stern John

David O'Day

Absolute bollocks.

Nazon my fucking arse!

It's Grenners, he's wrong but he just can't admit it

Users who are viewing this thread