Match Thread Coventry City vs. Bolton Wanderers Match Thread - Saturday 8th Feb (2 Viewers)

Johhny Blue

Don’t want to be a dry arse but in our promotion to the first division in 1967 Bolton who were a bit of a struggling outfit came here and somehow snatched a shock 1-1. In fact you can see the game on YouTube Bobby Gould scoring following an incredible Ronnie Rees dribble from one area to the other.
I can only think of one reason not to want to be a dry arse.

Not that there’s anything wrong with it

skyblue025

I'd stick with the 352 he played last night for saturday. McCallum in for Mason, Rose for Pask if fit. Walsh for Westbrook, Allen for Shipley. Keep Max and Baka upfront after Tuesday performance

Londonccfcfan

People think these games will be a given need a reality check, there are no easy games, there is no cannon fodder in this league.

Every point is a hard earned point.

Bolton are a much different team to when we played their kids (look what happened thern).

Both Southend and Bolton have won their most recent games. Yes we should win, but fuck me it wont be easy!

matesx

People think these games will be a given need a reality check, there are no easy games, there is no cannon fodder in this league.

Bolton are a much different team to when we played their kids (look what happened thern).

Both Southend and Bolton have won their most recent games. Yes we should win, but fuck me it wont be easy!

4.0 City piece of piss

Skyblueweeman

We really need to win this game and if possible, comfortably. That'll ensure the others continue to sit up and take notice.

I don't know how much the players have belief in going up...results now as we approach the back end of the season really need to start showing that belief that we're a force and won't roll over. Whilst all isn't necessarily rosey, 3 points after 3 points will certainly do wonders.

Wins against Bolton and Pompey and them I'm defo believing that we'll go up in the autos.

Grendel

They have lost 5 of their last 6 away games including a 7-1 and a 5-1 drubbing

Ring Of Steel

It is tempting to go down the "I'll take a scrappy 1-0" but thats a dangerous mentality to bring in with still 17 games to go, there's almost 40% of the season left yet. Get into that frame of mind and we'll completely blow it, its not as if there are 3 games left of something. But Robins will know that.

They are improving alright and I don't expect a massive thrashing- but a team with ambitions of automatic promotion has to be beating Bolton, there is no getting around that fact.

No stress, no panic, forget about May & just take the Birmingham performance straight into this match, and we should be ok.

Liquid Gold

We really need to win this game and if possible, comfortably. That'll ensure the others continue to sit up and take notice.

I don't know how much the players have belief in going up...results now as we approach the back end of the season really need to start showing that belief that we're a force and won't roll over. Whilst all isn't necessarily rosey, 3 points after 3 points will certainly do wonders.

Wins against Bolton and Pompey and them I'm defo believing that we'll go up in the autos.
I'm hopeful that we're going to continue the pattern of improving in the second half of the season when the pitches improve like we have previously under MR.

Londonccfcfan

They have some top players,alot of their squad has played 100s of games at championship level.

Both the Murphys, Ryan Lowe, Ogrady etc, all of whom have played most their careers in Championship.

They recruited well in January transfer window also.

Wont be easy. Footballs a funny game we coukdnt be their under 18s in August. In saying that we play anywhere near our best we win. Thats all that matters.

David O'Day

They have some top players,alot of their squad has played 100s of games at championship level.

Both the Murphys, Ryan Lowe, Ogrady etc, all of whom have played most their careers in Championship.

They recruited well in January transfer window also.

Wont be easy. Footballs a funny game we coukdnt be their under 18s in August. In saying that we play anywhere near our best we win. Thats all that matters.

Mate they are shite

CCFC88

Seriously Bolton and Southend are basket cases and we need to win both. You could play Roy O Donovan up front and we should still win both

They are the worst teams by a country mile

It’s the Tuesday game we need to look at
Like Anthony Joshua overlooking Andy Ruiz thinking about the big fights to come....

Grendel

Like Anthony Joshua overlooking Andy Ruiz thinking about the big fights to come....

Not what I’m saying - if we are genuine contenders these are in relative terms far easier games

pusbccfc

i hope to feck more fans show up.

The lads and Robins deserve to be backed.

They won't.

Will be about 6000 with 900 Bolton.

ccfchoi87

"It’s the Tuesday game we need to look at" Suggested we don't need to worry about this game, that is all...

It feels like every spell of 2-3 games will make our break our season. We need at least 6 from the next 3. Ideally, 3 would come against Pompey

Users who are viewing this thread