Match Thread Coventry City vs. Bolton Wanderers Match Thread - Saturday 8th Feb (1 Viewer)

David O'Day

"It’s the Tuesday game we need to look at" Suggested we don't need to worry about this game, that is all...

shouldn't have to, any kind of decent performance and we easily win.

ccfc92

I'm going to say it, essential 3 points this, especially if Lincoln turn Rotherham over tomorrow.

hill83

Hiding in the trees outside Ryton isn't the same as asking them mate

giphy.gif

cc84cov

Anyone else think Baka’s performance Tuesday was down to his dreadlocks...thought about it 2 up front give them a chance to put in another good performance.

ccfc92

Anyone else think Baka’s performance Tuesday was down to his dreadlocks...thought about it 2 up front give them a chance to put in another good performance.

I'm not going mental am I, he's had them stitched in surely? Swear he had short hair not too long ago.

clint van damme

Hopefully, that goal will give him a bit of confidence, albeit a lucky goal but they all count.

(Unless it's Max Biamou)

he scored two games on the trot earlier in the season and it still didn't seem to give him confidence.
There's definitely a player in there if MR can get him firing on a more regular basis. When he gets it right he really looks a handful.

ccfc1234

Hopefully, that goal will give him a bit of confidence, albeit a lucky goal but they all count.

(Unless it's Max Biamou)
Would be inclined to keep with Baka and Max as forwards for the game at the weekend and two up top and switch back to Godden for pompy.

cc84cov

he scored two games on the trot earlier in the season and it still didn't seem to give him confidence.
There's definitely a player in there if MR can get him firing on a more regular basis. When he gets it right he really looks a handful.
100% at times I can’t stand him I think it’s down to when you look at him he should be a defenders worst nightmare,I was impressed with him in both brum games happy for him to start Saturday he worked his socks off went off with cramp,the lad was delighted with his goal & got the applause of all fans as he left the pitch...anyone else surprised with how fit Max was ?

RegTheDonk

It's 100% a factor. Further proof if needed, Dabo's on fire. Lets hope JJ is fit enough to start soon.

torchomatic

I'm sure I'm not the only one who had major problems on the A45 the other night, queueing just before the Airport for half an hour or so. Well, I had to go to Heartlands this morning for my monthly check and I'm pleased to say both lanes were open, so we shouldn't have the same issues. Also, while I was waiting I worked out a better route to Garrison Lane, so I can avoid a lot of traffic as I get nearer the ground.

RegTheDonk

I'm sure I'm not the only one who had major problems on the A45 the other night, queueing just before the Airport for half an hour or so. Well, I had to go to Heartlands this morning for my monthly check and I'm pleased to say both lanes were open, so we shouldn't have the same issues. Also, while I was waiting I worked out a better route to Garrison Lane, so I can avoid a lot of traffic as I get nearer the ground.
Know that thread hasn't been updated for a while but hope all is well in that respect Torch.

torchomatic

Know that thread hasn't been updated for a while but hope all is well in that respect Torch.

Fine thanks, Reg. Still have to go once a month for check-ups and stuff, though I have to go another couple of times this month as I have to have loads of scans on different bits and pieces. Just to make sure nothing nasty is present. So far, so good.

Great_Expectations

Hopefully he sticks with the two up front, it was extremely effective on Tuesday and in theory should be more so on Saturday (granted theory doesn’t always match reality).

If he does play two, it’s deciding which! Baka and Biamou deserve to start again, but Biamou played 120 minutes so it’ll depend on how much he’s recovered. Bakayoko had cramp so should be fine, but I have a feeling MR will stick by his summer signing and start Godden.

Midfield wise, it’s good shout to rest Kelly ahead of Tuesday as he looked tired against Birmingham. However Allen/Walsh is a very diminutive midfield two, which might backfire if they are a physical team? Equally if we dominate position that will mitigate the risk.

I’d also keep Pask in, as he grew in confidence and positional sense as the game went on. So why not give him another 90 minutes in what should in theory be an easier game. Perhaps in place of McFadzean or Hyam this time.

I’d also give Mason another chance at LWB, with McCallum/Giles on the bench if needed.

Marosi
Rose McFadzean Hyam
Dabo Walsh Allen Mason
O’Hare
Bakayoko Biamou

Wilson
McCallum
Kelly
Shipley
Giles
Jones
Godden

It’s an easy game on paper, but as anyone who’s ever played football knows; there’s no such thing.

As long as we turn up and are motivated, which I’m 100% confident we will be, I’m going:

3-0, Bakayoko, Biamou, Allen.

Esoterica

Bolton are 17 points from safety with 20 games/60 points left to play for, of which only 8 of those matches are at home. Yes they have a much improved squad since we last played them and their home form is ok but draws are not good enough for Bolton anymore and if they are playing to win away from home I think we should, and will, win comfortably.

Users who are viewing this thread