Match Thread Coventry City vs. Bolton Wanderers Match Thread - Saturday 8th Feb (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Erm he seemed OK. His pace came in handy a couple of times but while he didn't stand out as amazing he didn't look out of place.
I though he showed he could cover Cb but he’s better attacking with the ball than defending. But like nick says rose has been excellent and Pask didn’t let anyone down

Londonccfcfan

Marosi
Dabo
MaCallum
Pask.....i wouldnt risk Rose..let him fully recover.
Mcfadz
Hyam
Kelly
Walsh
Allen
Baka
Max

Walsh, Allen and MaCallum come straight back in for me from last nights starting X1.

With Ohare as Supersub,

Sky Blue Pete

Marosi
Dabo
MaCallum
Pask.....i wouldnt risk Rose..let him fully recover.
Mcfadz
Hyam
Kelly
Walsh
Allen
Baka
Max

Walsh, Allen and MaCallum come straight back in for me from last nights starting X1.

With Ohare as Supersub,
Wow tired legs I’m afraid

Marosi
Dabo
McCallum
Rose
Mcfadzean
Hyam
Walsh
Allen
Ohare
Westbrooke or shipley
No idea who will be up front as Baka looked shot, max ran for 120 mins and Godden looked lost so he’ll probably rely on legs and Godden as least tired will be on his own up front

Kelly on bench

CCFC88

We should be playing to how opponents are likely to set up, last night proved we are just as adept with 3412 as we are with 3421, if they play 3 CBs Id like 2 up top as Godden will be isolated, flat back four and Id fancy Godden on his own.

Nick

Administrator
We should be playing to how opponents are likely to set up, last night proved we are just as adept with 3412 as we are with 3421, if they play 3 CBs Id like 2 up top as Godden will be isolated, flat back four and Id fancy Godden on his own.

Wouldn't you fancy him with somebody else up there with him? Maybe he would need somebody to open things up for him so he can get in round the back?

CCFC88

Wouldn't you fancy him with somebody else up there with him? Maybe he would need somebody to open things up for him so he can get in round the back?
Don't mind who's in the two, just not Godden on his own against a back 3. Would start either Max or Baka alongside Godden facing a back 3. Against a flat back 4 I prefer the box in midfield to dominate the ball, help out defensively with likely 2 up top from the opposition. Think Godden can handle the lone striker role against 2 CBs with the help of an attacking midfield, he gets isolated vs 3.

cc84cov

Really ? You want us to set up how Bolton near bottom set up ? Us a team who’s chasing automatic promotion at home ?

Monners

If we play anywhere near our recent form then we should win. Keep playing our way, and keep patient.
Only downside is that I can’t go.

CCFC88

Really ? You want us to set up how Bolton near bottom set up ? Us a team who’s chasing automatic promotion at home ?
Not what I said was it. I want us to set up in a system that works best against the opposition. We proved last night that we can be just as adept with 2 up to as with 1. We have a large strong squad so we have the ability to adapt and exploit weaknesses.

If they are playing a back 3 with wingers I don't want to see Godden on his own up top.

cc84cov

Not what I said was it. I want us to set up in a system that works best against the opposition. We proved last night that we can be just as adept with 2 up to as with 1. We have a large strong squad so we have the ability to adapt and exploit weaknesses.

If they are playing a back 3 with wingers I don't want to see Godden on his own up top.
Ok I’m with ya and yes I agree 2 up front at home against a poor Bolton side would be my choice max & 1 other means sacrificing a midfield player but with Allen Kelly Walsh I feel we would have enough in there,Shipley & Westbrooke seemed to have slightly tailed off.

David O'Day

Anyway I'd go with

Marosi
Dabo
Rose/Pask if MR injured
McFadz
Hyam
McCanary
Kelly
Walsh
O'Hare
Shipley
Godden

With Max/Baka/Westbrooke/Giles/CB/Mason/Wislon om bench

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Bolton aren't the worst team in the league but we should be beating them. I just hope a mix of fatigue from midweek + ET and complacency don't see us slip up. With injuries and midweek game not sure who I'd pick.

Also not sure if I'd give Godden the start in the hope he can get a goal and get himself on a run. Some were saying he looked like he may be suffering from the injury again - maybe the cold evening didn't help?

Whether Rose has recovered as well affects the defence - if its a hamstring better to be safe than sorry and see him make it worse and be out for weeks/months. If he is fit would Fadz benefit from a rest and let Pask continue, or even Dabo? Would bring McCallum back though.

Kelly may not last all game either after yesterday but Walsh should be quite fresh. Allen could drop back if necessary with Shipley or Westbrooke alongside O'Hare, unless we stay with Max and Baka up top.

cc84cov

Bolton aren't the worst team in the league but we should be beating them. I just hope a mix of fatigue from midweek + ET and complacency don't see us slip up. With injuries and midweek game not sure who I'd pick.

Also not sure if I'd give Godden the start in the hope he can get a goal and get himself on a run. Some were saying he looked like he may be suffering from the injury again - maybe the cold evening didn't help?

Whether Rose has recovered as well affects the defence - if its a hamstring better to be safe than sorry and see him make it worse and be out for weeks/months. If he is fit would Fadz benefit from a rest and let Pask continue, or even Dabo? Would bring McCallum back though.

Kelly may not last all game either after yesterday but Walsh should be quite fresh. Allen could drop back if necessary with Shipley or Westbrooke alongside O'Hare, unless we stay with Max and Baka up top.
No way Allen makes way for Westbrooke or Shipley it’s now time we play our best midfielders Kelly Walsh Allen 100%

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

No way Allen makes way for Westbrooke or Shipley it’s now time we play our best midfielders Kelly Walsh Allen 100%

I wasn't suggesting that. I was saying that IF it looks like Kelly could do with a rest I think Saturday would be the best choice to do so in the games we've got coming up. In that case Allen would be the best pick to drop into his position (even though it would make our two CM very short) with Shipley or Westbrooke coming in next to O'Hare at ACM.

shmmeee

Got to be honest. The fun of team selections is diminished a bit this season. Confident in any 11 from the best 18/20 or so players and really it’s down to performance data only Robins has access to.

higgs

Bolton are no mugs different proposition now compared to the start of the season

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Bolton are no mugs different proposition now compared to the start of the season

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Whilst no professional footballer should ever be described as a 'mug', with all due respect they have 4 points away from home all season and have scored 5 goals away from home. Nothing in football is played on paper, but if we harbour serious intentions of getting out of this league, then this is one we have to win.

clint van damme

Bolton haven't been too bad; they're certainly not the worst team in the league. The problem will be to break them down and actually score a goal I suspect. I hope Robins realises this and has a plan.

Dont think it will be an easy game. Will be delighted with 3 points
7 from the next 3 would be brilliant.

theferret

Dont think it will be an easy game. Will be delighted with 3 points
7 from the next 3 would be brilliant.

7 from 3 would be decent. We're going to need 2ppg from now, so it would be great if we could get ahead of the run rate. Playing the bottom 2 is a great chance to get points on the board and put pressure on those around us.

Mucca Mad Boys

I’d play 5-3-2

Marosi
Rose
McFadzean
Hyam
Dabo
McCallum
Kelly
Walsh
Allen
Bakayoko
Gooden

Pask in for Rose, Biamou for Bakayoko if they’re not fit enough to play.

I love how our bench could have Shipley, Westbrook and O’Hare on it. Really good options to have and you’ve got Jodi Jones slowly making a comeback too.

Users who are viewing this thread