Match Thread Coventry City vs. Bolton Wanderers Match Thread - Saturday 8th Feb (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

I’d play 5-3-2

Marosi
Rose
McFadzean
Hyam
Dabo
McCallum
Kelly
Walsh
Allen
Bakayoko
Gooden

Pask in for Rose, Biamou for Bakayoko if they’re not fit enough to play.

I love how our bench could have Shipley, Westbrook and O’Hare on it. Really good options to have and you’ve got Jodi Jones slowly making a comeback too.

And Giles. And Biamou. And Hiwula.

SeaSeeEffCee

Marosi
Dabo
Rose/Pask
McFadzean
Hyam
McCallum
Kelly
Walsh
Allen
Biamou
Bakayoko

Wilson
Pask/Williams
Giles
O'Hare
Westbrooke
Shipley
Godden

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We're having a great season so happy with a draw or narrow defeat here.

If we don't win and anyone complains I will start my own thread bashing those supporters.

CCFC54321

I very much any of the players that put some minutes in last night will have been in today or even tomorrow but back in Ryton on Friday for some light work and shape work. I’d have thought the players would have been under strict instruction to rest, rest, rest and not think of football for 48 hours.

Magwitch

Don’t want to be a dry arse but in our promotion to the first division in 1967 Bolton who were a bit of a struggling outfit came here and somehow snatched a shock 1-1. In fact you can see the game on YouTube Bobby Gould scoring following an incredible Ronnie Rees dribble from one area to the other.

Last edited:
W

westcountry_skyblue

Can see us destroying them,Same team as against Bristol Rovers,And if we get going before
30 mins god help the trotters.
6-0 biggest win of the season for me,Hyam,Godden hat trick,Walsh and Allen.

Grendel

Seriously Bolton and Southend are basket cases and we need to win both. You could play Roy O Donovan up front and we should still win both

They are the worst teams by a country mile

It’s the Tuesday game we need to look at

Londonccfcfan

Seriously Bolton and Southend are basket cases and we need to win both. You could play Roy O Donovan up front and we should still win both

Really does show how clueless you are.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's approaching games with that kind of attitude which has tripped us up in the past. Complacency kicks in, we lose a game we shouldn't and next thing you know the wheels have come off. I'm sure we've got the analysts etc getting everything ready for Portsmouth but MR and the players should be focused on Bolton.

We didn't beat them earlier in the season even though they were in effect an academy/U23 side.

Grendel

Think they mean the hammering

Might not be strsightforward procession

There are 92 professional football clubs in England. 91 have a better away record than Bolton Wanderers

covcity4life

There are 92 professional football clubs in England. 91 have a better away record than Bolton Wanderers

No doubt. But alot of that bw down to youth team playing for half a season

I am not saying we shouldnt win. Jist saying no1 should be dissapointed its not 3 or 4 nil

no_loyalty

I think Shipperz needs a winter break for a couple of weeks, the lad looks burnt out and not looked his normal self in the last few games he has started.

Grendel

I am not saying we shouldnt win. Jist saying no1 should be dissapointed its not 3 or 4 nil

They have lost every away game but 2?

covmark

Should be comfortable wins. However like you, I'd be happy to win 1-0. Anything other than a win would be really poor.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

pipkin73

Sat 18th Jan
Bolton 0 - 1 Portsmouth (who are in form)
Tuesday 28th Jan
Bolton 1 - 1 Bristol Rovers (who we just beat 2-1)
Sat 1st Feb
Bolton 2 - 0 Tranmere

Ok, all home games but their last 3 games.
Some good results for them considering everything.

No more hammerings as they brought in some experienced players when the embargo was lifted
and just brought 4 more in last week from Tottenham, Sheff Utd, Rochdale and Mansfield.

Bearing in mind the Portsmouth game and the Brum game just gone, i would start with 2 up front and
try to get ahead early doors to knock Bolton's fragile confidence. The longer it's 0-0 the more they
will fancy a point against us.

Leave the most fatigued players from Brum game on the bench and bring them on if needed (only MR and the medical team will know that).

We have a big strong squad, make the changes needed due to fitness issues (either due to the last game or in advance of Portsmouth),
go hell for leather early doors then once 2 up just contain them and keep the energy for the Portsmouth game.

No one knows where Giles will play, as he seems so versatile he could lead to player/formation changes in either defence or midfield so
hard to call the team system, formation or line up.

Last edited:

Ring Of Steel

Sat 18th Jan
Bolton 0 - 1 Portsmouth (who are in form)
Tuesday 28th Jan
Bolton 1 - 1 Bristol Rovers (who we just beat 2-1)
Sat 1st Feb
Bolton 2 - 0 Tranmere

Ok, all home games but their last 3 games.
Some good results for them considering everything.

No more hammerings as they brought in some experienced players when the embargo was lifted
and just brought 4 more in in the last 4 days from Tottenham, Sheff Utd, Rochdale and Mansfield.

Bearing in mind the Portsmouth game and the Villa game just gone, i would start with 2 up front and
try to get ahead early doors to knock Bolton's fragile confidence. The longer it's 0-0 the more they
will fancy a point against us.

Leave the most fatigued players from Villa game on the bench and bring them on if needed (only MR and the medical team will know that).

We have a big strong squad, make the changes needed due to fitness issues (either due to the last game or in advance of Portsmouth),
go hell for leather early doors then once 2 up just contain them and keep the energy for the Portsmouth game.

No one knows where Giles will play, as he seems so versatile he could lead to player/formation changes in either defence or midfield so
hard to call the team system, formation or line up.
what Villa game is this you’re talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread