Match Thread Coventry City vs. Bolton Wanderers Match Thread - Saturday 8th Feb (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City vs. Bolton Wanderers match, tactics and predictions :)

Sky Blue Harry H

Giles on the bench to offer something different, if needed. We learned that Baka can contribute-which is good. Allen, O'Hare to run them ragged. please! 3 points to set us up for the run in.

covcity4life

My second game at st andrews. Should buy a season ticket i go so much #superfan #letsnotscapegoatthough #dontblamemeformcallum

Somw fun facts when i go brum

Cov have 100% win record
Westbrooke has never fsiled to score
Cov hsve never conceded
Cov hsve never failed to score in 1st half

Pusb

Paxman II

One of those starnge ones again where the least likely could happen. But I think we are too good and set in the groove now for that to happen so win and hopefully a few goals.

cc84cov

Giles on the bench to offer something different, if needed. We learned that Baka can contribute-which is good. Allen, O'Hare to run them ragged. please! 3 points to set us up for the run in.
I think McCallum starts Giles on bench mason wasn’t great last night he’s too small for me and their second just let that cross come in unchallenged

cc84cov

3-1 win

can’t make my mind up do we stick with Baka & Max or do we use 1 of them and keep that midfield player.

100% Allen,Kelly,Walsh & O’Hare need to be playing together so maybe max ahead of that 4 in midfield.

Marosi
Dabo hyam mcfadz rose McCallum
Walsh Kelly
Allen O’Hare
Biamou

covcity4life

Allen o hare baka/max upfront

Looks like we carved quite a few chances out vs chsmpionship brum so lets aim to do samw vs lowly bolton and have a fun day

mrtrench

Bolton haven't been too bad; they're certainly not the worst team in the league. The problem will be to break them down and actually score a goal I suspect. I hope Robins realises this and has a plan.

johnwillomagic

I think as we are playing Bolton at home and second game where two up top has worked well would go 2 up top for first half.

Marosi
Dabo
McCallum
MacFadzean
Rose
Hyam
Allen
Walsh
Kelly
Biamou
Baka

Subs: Wilson, Pask, Giles, Shipley, Westbrooke, Jones, Godden.

Magwitch

I think as we are playing Bolton at home and second game where two up top has worked well would go 2 up top for first half.

Marosi
Dabo
McCallum
MacFadzean
Rose
Hyam
Allen
Walsh
Kelly
Biamou
Baka

Subs: Wilson, Pask, Giles, Shipley, Westbrooke, Jones, Godden.
O’Hare dropped then ??

johnwillomagic

Shit on bench for sure sorry Jones out - O'Hare on bench.

However if Robins wants one up top O'Hare into midfield and think Baka would just shade it for me on top on own over Biamou or Godden.

Nick

Administrator
I'd start with the same formation as we did last night.

Rose was injured so can see Pask playing again if he's not fit in time.

Mason out for McCallum / Giles.

Reactions: AOM

SkyBlueDom26

Same team as last night, thought Baka looked class maybe its his new trim?

Time to get a few goals for the goal difference- long shot 5-0 city

shmmeee

I'd start with the same formation as we did last night.

Rose was injured so can see Pask playing again if he's not fit in time.

Mason out for McCallum / Giles.

How did Pask play last night?

Magwitch

Didn’t know Rose was injured hope not too bad we’d miss him he is one of those who quietly and effectively gets on with his job, a mr.reliable.

ccfcricoh

Stick with 2 up top i think, Bolton will be coming for a 0-0 i imagine and have every man behind the ball. Godden on his own would just get outnumbered and frustrated.

Should be comfortable but probably wont be - 1-0 win (which is fine by me!)

lifeskyblue

How did Pask play last night?

First half: Looked a little lost defensively. Not always in a good starting position. Left Dabo marking 2 on at least 3 occasions. One super run forward that had brum players panicking and turning.

Rest of game: much better defensively. Strong and competitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Thinking about this. We have Pompey coming up three days later. Probably game of the season, lose it and the title is no longer in our hands. Should we rest some people who played 120 mins last night?

Tommo1993

Liam Kelly was clearly flagging for most of the second half. As probably our most important player I think it would’ve been worth resting him last night. Has he missed a game this season?

Users who are viewing this thread