Match Thread Coventry City v Morecambe Match Thread Saturday 5th May (2 Viewers)

Otis

Yeah you believe draws at home against bottom placed teams is all good.
Sorry but if we want to go up this doesnt wash with me.
In my opinion you simply cannot say we don't deserve to go up because we drew in a game we only had to draw in to secure a place in the play-offs.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

What's the best app for keeping in touch with other scores? Was using BBC sport and twitter to follow the Mansfield game on Saturday but it took an age to update.

Also to the guy who told me Yeovil were 2 nil up at half time - you're a bastard.

SofaScore is amazing. Usually sends a notification within about 10 seconds of a goal going in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clint van damme

I can confirm in block 21 it got a bit toxic, tho a few around us seen the humour in the day and like been said always felt there was a way back in.

But then there was a few frothing up at Robins

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

did someone ruffle someone else's tartan blanket?

Liquid Gold

Picture the scene. 90 minutes gone, 0-0, City and Morecambe have been passing the ball about for 20 minutes both knowing it's good enough. Lincoln and Mansfield winning. Sky Blue Army going mental, great atmosphere in the ground. Burge with the ball in his hands and the ref about to put the whistle to his mouth. Burge goes to throw the ball to Willis but sees a bird flying down so think he'll do the sensible thing and hold on to it for a second. Accidentally throws it in his own net. We Cov it up and Burge is lynched in the ensuing riot.

I'll see what odds I can get.

Otis

Picture the scene. 90 minutes gone, 0-0, City and Morecambe have been passing the ball about for 20 minutes both knowing it's good enough. Lincoln and Mansfield winning. Sky Blue Army going mental, great atmosphere in the ground. Burge with the ball in his hands and the ref about to put the whistle to his mouth. Burge goes to throw the ball to Willis but sees a bird flying down so think he'll do the sensible thing and hold on to it for a second. Accidentally throws it in his own net. We Cov it up and Burge is lynched in the ensuing riot.

I'll see what odds I can get.
I had a dream this afternoon when I nodded off for 15 mins or so.

Second leg of the play-offs and we were playing Mansfield away.

I didn't know what the score was, but I was happy and we were cruising, with not long left.

Long ball is played into our half by them, to no-one in particular and Willis tidies up , latches on to the ball and as he is being closed down by their attacker, takes the ball back towards our own goal. Help comes in from another defender (think is was Rod, but not sure).

Anyway, Burge comes out of the goal and as Willis goes to pass it back to him he hits it too firmly and slightly to the left of Burge, completely wrong footing him.

The ball rolls into the net and Mansfield payers all jump up and down like crazy.

Mansfield then go on to score more goals and we end up losing 5-3 on aggregate.

More Willis's fault than Burge on this occasion.

I am expecting Robins to have severe words in my next dream to the back four.

Adge

I didn't know what the score was, but I was happy and we were cruising, with not long left.

Long ball is played into our half by them, to no-one in particular and Willis tidies up , latches on to the ball and as he is being closed down by their attacker, takes the ball back towards our own goal. Help comes in from another defender (think is was Rod, but not sure).

Anyway, Burge comes out of the goal and as Willis goes to pass it back to him he hits it too firmly and slightly to the left of Burge, completely wrong footing him.

The ball rolls into the net and Mansfield payers all jump up and down like crazy.

You need to get another hobby boss-dreaming about Cov all the time. Try fishing or golf.....

Hobo

I wish we had not scored 6 as the next game is normally a desert. Come on boys see us home.

SkyBlueSoul

What's the best app for keeping in touch with other scores? Was using BBC sport and twitter to follow the Mansfield game on Saturday but it took an age to update.

Also to the guy who told me Yeovil were 2 nil up at half time - you're a bastard.

I use Goal Live, another impressive one that usually sends a notification as a player wheels away to celebrate

SkyBlueSoul

I had a dream earlier where I woke up (in my dream) to discover it was 5:30pm on Saturday. I obviously hadn't got the train to meet my Dad in the morning and completely missed the match, and because I'd "woken up" I knew that this couldn't be a dream.

Frantically rang my Dad to find out we'd won 4-0 (no McNulty hat-trick, sorry everyone with a top scorer bet on), so good news in the long run but I'd missed a cracking game and the ensuing celebrations having made it into the play-offs. Was so, so gutted but quickly so, so relieved as I actually woke up in my bed on this fine Thursday morning 2 days before the match.

Unless this is also a dream...

Liquid Gold

I had a dream earlier where I woke up (in my dream) to discover it was 5:30pm on Saturday. I obviously hadn't got the train to meet my Dad in the morning and completely missed the match, and because I'd "woken up" I knew that this couldn't be a dream.

Frantically rang my Dad to find out we'd won 4-0 (no McNulty hat-trick, sorry everyone with a top scorer bet on), so good news in the long run but I'd missed a cracking game and the ensuing celebrations having made it into the play-offs. Was so, so gutted but quickly so, so relieved as I actually woke up in my bed on this fine Thursday morning 2 days before the match.

Unless this is also a dream...
Alright inception. Have you tried the light switches yet?

W

westcountry_skyblue

I use Flash score,Very quick tbh also notifications if you need them!!

Otis

Okay, so, predicition for the 3 key games.

CITY v Morecambe
Lincoln v Yeovil
Mansfield v Crawley

Last game of the season can conjure up some odd results and I would not at all be surprised for Crawley to get something at Mansfield and Yevoil also at Lincoln.

One last chance to impress a manager or any potential new club.

CITY 2-1
Lincoln 1-2
Mansfield 1-1

Liquid Gold

CITY v Morecambe
Lincoln v Yeovil
Mansfield v Crawley

Last game of the season can conjure up some odd results and I would not at all be surprised for Crawley to get something at Mansfield and Yevoil also at Lincoln.

CITY 2-1
Lincoln 1-2
Mansfield 1-1
1-0
2-1
2-0

sylus

CITY v Morecambe
Lincoln v Yeovil
Mansfield v Crawley

CITY 2-1
Lincoln 1-2
Mansfield 1-1

No chance will Mansfield or Lincoln slip up,both will win and so we will need to get something from our game.

Gibbo

Mansfield will be the most motivated, Crawley along with Yeovil the least. City and Morecambe caught in between, fearing defeat rather than needing victory (the most dangerous place imho)
Barring flukes

City 2 - 2 Morecambe - too many cock ups all round by both sides
Lincoln 3 - 1 Yeovil
Mansfield 2 - 0 Crawley
Barnet 3 - 1 Chesterfield

However the Morecambe fans get delayed in traffic on the M6 and there is a dangerous crush at the turnstiles. City are forced to delay the start by 15 minutes. After leading falling behind 2-0 Morecambe peg City back to 2-2, when they all hear the Barnet result. The rest you know...

P.S. I was at the famous Bristol match. It was bonkers - "After you Claude", "No, after you". Any number of unchallenged crosses (by Mick Coop I seem to remember) floating almost gently into the arms of their goalie, increasingly greeted with ironic cheers.

Otis

No chance will Mansfield or Lincoln slip up,both will win and so we will need to get something from our game.
I'm not so sure.

Crawley got a 2-2 draw at Exeter and Yeovil we know can be dangerous and should have beaten Wycombe by all accounts.

All down to whether they are up for it or not.

Definitely can see one slipping up, if not both Lincoln and Mansfield.

Users who are viewing this thread