Match Thread Coventry City v Morecambe Match Thread Saturday 5th May (2 Viewers)

Otis

They’ll defend and defend and defend
We'll see.

They might well do, but it's in no way certain.

The manager must be really stupid if he intends to defend, but comes out as says they will attack as if it will fool Mark Robins.

If Robins knows they will defend, then he knows they will defend and the words are pointless.

Would expect their manager to say they are coming here to win. That makes perfect sense, but to say they are coming here to attack if they are not is just plain dumb.

Londonccfcfan

Geez, you really are stating things like they are fact.

We have scored 11 goals in our last 3 games. Morecambe must be fearful that we WILL score.

Let's see what happens on Saturday eh.

I am not at all convinced they will park the bus. They will if they score for sure though. Go a goal up and they will defend to the death for sure.

Lets just wait and see. Im sure it will all be irrelevant come Saturday.

stevefloyd

I am sure their manager is paying lip service to their board and fans to try save his own job at the very least, we are off the back of a 6-1 win, how many times have we seen a brilliant win being followed up by a sub standard performance? I hope this time just for once we follow that game with an emphatic performance BUT this is indeed Cov and we have a massive history of shafting our own fans PLEASE PLEASE BREAK THIS CYCLE PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE

Otis

I am sure their manager is paying lip service to their board and fans to try save his own job at the very least, we are off the back of a 6-1 win, how many times have we seen a brilliant win being followed up by a sub standard performance? I hope this time just for once we follow that game with an emphatic performance BUT this is indeed Cov and we have a massive history of shafting our own fans PLEASE PLEASE BREAK THIS CYCLE PRETTY PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE
We only need a draw Mr. Floyd. We'll be fine.

I think we will win, but at worst we will draw. I cannot see us losing.

Squeaky will have them all fired up. They have to be fired up, because sure as hell Morecambe will be.

stevefloyd

We only need a draw Mr. Floyd. We'll be fine.

I think we will win, but at worst we will draw. I cannot see us losing.

Squeaky will have them all fired up. They have to be fired up, because sure as hell Morecambe will be.
I think I will be squeaky too on the day if we don't score early

Otis

I think I will be squeaky too on the day if we don't score early
I will be a little nervous, but mainly excited.

I will only get really nervous if it is 0-0 after about 60 mins and Morecambe really start to get on top and look like scoring.

I do believe we will score though. We now have goals coming from McNumpty, Biamou, Bayliss, Shipley, Ponticelli and JCH.

There are goals now in that team and that makes us a lot more dangerous.

Great_Expectations

I am naturally a little apprehensive as this is Coventry after all, however I actually think we will win by a few goals; 3/4-0.

I know we have underperformed numerous times this season, especially against weaker teams such as Morecambe, however if the players can’t motivate themselves for game such as this, and we fail to perform, then we absolutely don’t deserve to make the play offs.

I’m going for a Biamou hat trick and on his third goal he’ll reveal a top stating ‘I’m better than JCH’.

Otis

I am naturally a little apprehensive as this is Coventry after all, however I actually think we will win by a few goals; 3/4-0.

I know we have underperformed numerous times this season, especially against weaker teams such as Morecambe, however if the players can’t motivate themselves for game such as this, and we fail to perform, then we absolutely don’t deserve to make the play offs.

I’m going for a Biamou hat trick and on his third goal he’ll reveal a top stating ‘I’m better than JCH’.
Or 'So what have you got to say about that, Grendel?'

standupforcity

Discovered yesterday that my daughter and son-in-law are going to this one! They don't do football. They'll be in another block so won't have to explain the rules or who's who. But it's interesting...something has got through to them...and I hope it's a sign of a big crowd on Saturday! Meeting up with them before and after...hope we play well, entertainingly, win convincingly so I can say 'so now you know what you've been missing'

Otis

Discovered yesterday that my daughter and son-in-law are going to this one! They don't do football. They'll be in another block so won't have to explain the rules or who's who. But it's interesting...something has got through to them...and I hope it's a sign of a big crowd on Saturday! Meeting up with them before and after...hope we play well, entertainingly, win convincingly so I can say 'so now you know what you've been missing'
Rather than them saying to you 'So, please just explain to us once again why it is you come up here to watch.'

Londonccfcfan

Our fairly inconsistent form all season is baffling. In a 2 leg play off we get away with it. As we have 2nd chance. This game. Just can't be complacent. Will know in first 10 mins how much the players want it.

Liquid Gold

Morcombe are in the league position they are because they draw a hell of a lot of games. I'm almost certain they're not going to be too adventurous on Saturday, 10 men behind the ball with one guy nominally further forward. A lot of Doyle to Kelly to Willis to Grimmer to Doyle passing. Our job is to make sure we don't get on the players and let them play the game. A draw is a perfectly fine result and as it suits both teams it's what I'm expecting.

Otis

Morcombe are in the league position they are because they draw a hell of a lot of games. I'm almost certain they're not going to be too adventurous on Saturday, 10 men behind the ball with one guy nominally further forward. A lot of Doyle to Kelly to Willis to Grimmer to Doyle passing. Our job is to make sure we don't get on the players and let them play the game. A draw is a perfectly fine result and as it suits both teams it's what I'm expecting.
I do think fans may well get on at the players though.

It's something we are really good at.

Liquid Gold

Our patchy form leads me to think a draw would be good as it means we're more likely to get a win in the playoffs.

Mcbean

Phew that should be a relief - you can still swear at the referee and moon at the away supporters ( thats better)

Last edited:

rob9872

Both need a point so I suspect a 1977 style stitch up and Barnet hating us for the next 40 years

Nick

Administrator
Until Biamou scores a screamer to send them down and gives the cupped ear celebration / cheerio wave to their fans and gets himself sent off.

Otis

Until Biamou scores a screamer to send them down and gives the cupped ear celebration / cheerio wave to their fans and gets himself sent off.
Only two things worry me for Saturday.

1. A player getting sent off.

2. An injury to Doyle, McNumpty or Bayliss.

clint van damme

This is the lineup earlier in the season against Morecambe.

View attachment 9546

Surely stronger this time out aren't we?

Definitely.
That was the first really poor game I saw McDonald have.
Davies in there strengthens the defence.
Kelly or Bayliss in the middle an improvement on Stevenson.
Shipley is a different player all together after a few months experience.
McNulty now firing on all cylinders. Biamou much improved and JCH, JP or a more advanced Bayliss have to be a massive improvement on Nzons showing that day.

Grendel

We'll see.

They might well do, but it's in no way certain.

The manager must be really stupid if he intends to defend, but comes out as says they will attack as if it will fool Mark Robins.

If Robins knows they will defend, then he knows they will defend and the words are pointless.

Would expect their manager to say they are coming here to win. That makes perfect sense, but to say they are coming here to attack if they are not is just plain dumb.

Do you think he’d just say we are going to park the bus and play for a draw?

steve cooper

Let's not forget Mansfield have to win against a very good Carlisle team. The longer our game goes on without a goal from Morecambe, the more anxious Mansfield will get. Need to keep it tight, for the first part of the game anyway IMO.

Johnnythespider

Patience is key in this game, both players and fans. I think the fans will be patient as long as other results are going our way, we were very patient in the Yeovil game as I recall. What we really don't need is an early goal against.

Reactions: vow

clint van damme

Let's not forget Mansfield have to win against a very good Carlisle team. The longer our game goes on without a goal from Morecambe, the more anxious Mansfield will get. Need to keep it tight, for the first part of the game anyway IMO.

only problem is they're playing Crawley!

Users who are viewing this thread