Coventry City star Marosi undergoing Shrewsbury Town medical today (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Haven’t we been linked with the Wolves third or fourth choice keeper who coincidently was on loan at Shrewsbury can’t remember his name.

Matija Sarkic - don't know anything about him but he's inexperienced as a keeper - played on season for Shrewsbury and not a lot of other games

KenilworthSkyBlue

I thought earlier in the thread it was said we announced our first signing last year on the 4th of July or something like that ?

Or at most 1 by that time

To be fair I think that was more down to the fact that the L1 table wasn't finalised until nearly half way through June so there was a delay.

ccfcchris

TRANSFER: Coventry City can confirm that goalkeeper Marko Marosi has joined Shrewsbury Town for an undisclosed fee.

shmmeee

I thought earlier in the thread it was said we announced our first signing last year on the 4th of July or something like that ?

Or at most 1 by that time

To give an idea, last summer:

Hamer: 3rd July
Dacosta: 6th July
O’Hare: 15th July
Hilßner: 16th July
McGrath: 18th July
Giles: 21st July
Østigård: 27th August
Walker: 28th August
Sheaf: 4th Sept
McCallum: 20th Sept

First game of last season: Sept 12th, this season August 7th. So take a month a a few days off each of those for comparables.

Basically we’d signed 6 players at this point last season.

D

Deleted member 11652

To give an idea, last summer:

Hamer: 3rd July
Dacosta: 6th July
O’Hare: 15th July
Hilßner: 16th July
McGrath: 18th July
Giles: 21st July
Østigård: 27th August
Walker: 28th August
Sheaf: 4th Sept
McCallum: 20th Sept

First game of last season: Sept 12th, this season August 7th. So take a month a a few days off each of those for comparables.

Basically we’d signed 6 players at this point last season.

@Evo1883 looks like 10

Evo1883

@Evo1883 looks like 10
I suppose we have to balance it out with the state of the squad then and now too .

We look to be a bit later, but it doesn't mean we will start the season short .

Boddy said himself , everything is on track .

Frostie

Yep, think I said it when we first linked with him - makes more sense of it on the face of it than the Simon Moore link, he's much more accomplished on crosses & confident in coming to claim which MR openly stated we needed to improve.

I think Wolves are also signing a new young keeper from Man City so maybe we have one eye on a future permanent deal.

SlowerThanPlatt

Yep, think I said it when we first linked with him - makes more sense of it on the face of it than the Simon Moore link, he's much more accomplished on crosses & confident in coming to claim which MR openly stated we needed to improve.

I think Wolves are also signing a new young keeper from Man City so maybe we have one eye on a future permanent deal.

Louie Moulden? He signed a few days ago

slowpoke

Matija Sarkic - don't know anything about him but he's inexperienced as a keeper - played on season for Shrewsbury and not a lot of other games
Apparently did okay at Shrewsbury they were mid-table and he had eleven clean sheets which is pretty good I suppose.

rexo87

It’s frustrating and boring this time of the year but this place has become ridiculous. We have staff members on holiday (it’s the only month of the year they can do). For a transfer to be announced Robins, Boddy, social media team, the player and the players agent has to be available for signing, photos, reveals etc. I’m sure we’ve got several over the line already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Adam

As capable as Sarkic may be - the idea of loaning in a player in arguably the most important position on the pitch, where he could potentially be recalled mid way through the season doesn't fill me with confidence. Before you know it Ben Wilson is in goal again.

SBAndy

Not overly keen on replacing a keeper we owned with a loanee. Means we'll have to look for another new one this time next season.

It’s an odd one really as we went through a spell in the late 00s and early 10s of loaning keepers in every season. But I’m with you, much rather have our own keeper.

That said, if it was a loan with an option to make it permanent I’d be satisfied.

shmmeee

With every position I’m happy to loan if it’s a view to a perm or there’s no one around who fits the model right now.

Much rather loan this kid in than sign some 31 year old on a perm.

Frostie

As capable as Sarkic may be - the idea of loaning in a player in arguably the most important position on the pitch, where he could potentially be recalled mid way through the season doesn't fill me with confidence. Before you know it Ben Wilson is in goal again.

Totally agree, would much prefer a permanent keeper but if he's the best available then so be it.

Wolves now have 8 keepers on their books so wouldn't worry too much about him being recalled. He also left Villa for better first team prospects when they wanted to keep him so, as I say, could be with an eye on a permanent deal.

rob9872

Hopefully have a replacement lined up. I'd like Nyland (ex-Vila just released by Norwich), but I'm sure we'll have someone sorted. As a poster earlier in the thread alluded to, ever grateful for our Champions season, but also the fact that he was such an upgrade on what preceded him. I never had a go at Burge here or at the ground, but the noticeable difference when we had someone capable highlighted the years of rubbish we've had recently and MM probably the best since Murphy and arguably better in some aspects.

slowpoke

New manager at Wolves and talk of Rui Patricio on the move so I reckon Sarkic might not be available or not yet anyway.

better days

Depends what the agreement says
If it's a season long loan the player can't usually be recalled unless there is a clause allowing it

Users who are viewing this thread