Coventry City star Marosi undergoing Shrewsbury Town medical today (1 Viewer)

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Mixed emotions. Gutted to see him go, the last time I was at a live game, we were part of a 1500-2000 strong Sky Blue Army singing "He's magic you know, Marco Marosi in goal" at Ipswich away as he came and applauded us. Will always be thought of fondly for his role in a league winning season, but if we want to continue the upward trajectory, the reality is we probably need an improvement in goal. Wish him all the best for the future.

kg82

Who the hell is he thinking of? Forest finished 1 place below us, didn’t they? Is he thinking of Forest?! Weird

Skybluedownunder

Why not? Spoken to a few Sheffield United fans recently (I live in South Yorkshire). They all seem to think quite highly of him. Not seen him play myself but on the face of it would seem a decent upgrade.

Maybe the fact he hasn’t really played since 2016-2018. Their fans don’t seem too keen on him here. Why would we want another second fiddle like what Wilson was who’s played about 60 matches in 6 years and he’s 31!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

Maybe the fact he hasn’t really played since 2016-2018. Their fans don’t seem too keen on him here. Why would we want another second fiddle like what Wilson was who’s played about 60 matches in 6 years and he’s 31!

Looking “awful” against Manchester United is a little different to being good enough for a bottom half Championship side.

South West Sky Blue

Shame. Just under a year ago, there was an interview with him where he was being talked up as being in the Slovakian squad.
Up until that Cardiff game there were no real question marks over him. The odd mistake but no more than other keepers in this division.
Despite being a fan, even I accept that the last 8 months haven't gone well and I understand why we're looking elsewhere.
He's significantly better than Wilson.

Reactions: vow

AFCCOVENTRY

Good luck to Marko. Did a job for us in L1 but he isn’t Championship quality unfortunately.

Robins has to be ruthless to keep us progressing.

CDK

As long as we get a fee a bit unlucky last season the injury change his attitude on crosses but a good club man in general.
Wish him all the best in the future.

SleepyGinger

Could easily command a fee for Marosi.

Stupid if hes gone for fuck all
Why would they pay 200k (a club record fee) for someone we are actively trying to get rid of. If there’s a fee at all it will be minimal, I think they will just be paying off his contract.

PVA

Sensible business.

Just not up to it at Championship level unfortunately (though I don't doubt the injury contributed to that)

mark82

If we get promoted to the Premier League, I agree we'd have to look for better.

David O'Day

If we get promoted to the Premier League, I agree we'd have to look for better.

Yeah Simon Moore is a good keeper and if being scored against by United is a bar to being a city keeper then Ederson, Allison etc are not good enough for us.

Users who are viewing this thread