Match Thread Coventry City - Maidstone United [FA] Match Thread - Monday 26th Feb (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

I know it's only maidstone but Simms has found himself tonight. from the off he looked like he wanted to fill his boots. I expect he's off at half time for Godden. Tavares looks out of sorts even against this opposition. Palmer can be rested now...getting away with a lot that he would not get away with against better opposition. Robin's can afford not to risk players now for Friday. Expect some wholesale changes.

Otis

Everyone done okay apart from Tavares, unfortunately.

Loses the ball far too easily I'm afraid.

Simms has been great and Torp has just breezed through the half.

I think we should go out and try and bag the 4th to totally kill it off and then make substitutions

SeaSeeEffCee

Playing at about 25% capacity here and it’s still so comfortable. Some real sloppiness ok the ball at times but doesn’t matter too much when they aren’t going to punish us for it. Hoping we get 6 or 7, especially given how crazy of a high line they’re playing.

Otis

Playing at about 25% capacity here and it’s still so comfortable. Some real sloppiness ok the ball at times but doesn’t matter too much when they aren’t going to punish us for it. Hoping we get 6 or 7, especially given how crazy of a high line they’re playing.
They are allowing far too much space aren't they. I expected them to be so much tighter.

Tommo1993

Their left back isn’t good. He’s just playing against a same level winger. MvE and Sakamoto would be tearing him a new one.

Otis

Yeah the sort of game he should be driving at them. Three up, nothing to lose for him really is there.
No. I would love to see him shine. Even if only to get a club elsewhere.

Can't see many interested in him based on tonight. He's looked a bit lost and lacking in any physicality.

Liquid Gold

Would have been sensible for Maidstone to start compact and look to hit us on the break.

They don't really have that option at 3-0 though. The tie is already gone and I think they'd probably prefer 6-1 to 3-0 so one of them gets a goal.

Major Tom

Absolutely. Get at them! Has to use his pace but really not seen it yet.
Players recover pace at different levels, I don’t think he’s up to speed compared to the pace he had pre injury. Plus a bit of confidence lost too.

Astute

Would love you to show everyone where I said sign him.

I said worth keeping an eye on him. MOTM against Ipswich. But the clueless on here are always trying to make out I have said something I haven't. My guess is because when they were calling our players shite and a waste of money. Or saying Simms needs game time and a run in the team when the vast majority were calling him worse than shite.

NorthernWisdom

No. I would love to see him shine. Even if only to get a club elsewhere.

Can't see many interested in him based on tonight. He's looked a bit lost and lacking in any physicality.
I really did think he started well, was passing it nicely, looking to get involved. Then he made a mistake and all the confidence seemed to drain out of him and he's been poor since.

Maybe if he gets on a run then that confidence might come.

long way home

Perfect to be 3 up at HT give it 10 and bring a few on but leave who you intend to start against WBA on the bench. Expect to see Godden, Andrews, JDS and Lusala at some point.

And O hare

NorthernWisdom

But the clueless on here
download.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread