Match Thread Coventry City - Maidstone United [FA] Match Thread - Monday 26th Feb (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City - Maidstone United [FA] match, tactics and predictions :)

Otis

To be positive for a second, this is the perfect game for us after last night.

The perfect opportunity to put things right.

We absolutely should win easily. Not saying that will be the case, but we should be more than confident of despatching Maidstone United.

They will come and battle and fight for everything, but we need to get last night out of our system and the players will have had their ears bent severely by MR post game.

This is actually the perfect game for us I believe. A good win and put some smiles back on faces and then a big quarter final to come.

Tommo1993

As close to full strength as possible. We were well beaten last night so the team needs a winning feeling back. Maybe Robins was going for a modest, “respectful” (yuck) result, but we should be taking last night out on someone and sorry Maidstone, but you’re standing in front of us.

I’m going 6+ - 1.

steve101

Moore (know it isn't going to happen), so Collins

Van Ewijk, Latibeudiere, Kitching, Bidwell

Kelly, Torp (if fit, if not Eccles), O'Hare

Palmer, Simms, Wright

Otis

We are lucky to have such a game come up for us so quickly and the excitement that brings.

Be very colourful and noisy with all the Maidstone fans and the notion that come the end of the night we should be in the quarter finals of the FA Cup and that is a very exciting prospect.

Bring it on and we should be very confident.

Ashdown

To be positive for a second, this is the perfect game for us after last night.

The perfect opportunity to put things right.

We absolutely should win easily. Not saying that will be the case, but we should be more than confident of despatching Maidstone United.

They will come and battle and fight for everything, but we need to get last night out of our system and the players will have had their ears bent severely by MR post game.

This is actually the perfect game for us I believe. A good win and put some smiles back on faces and then a big quarter final to come.
Spot on Otis, couldn’t agree more. Big onus on this game now and Robins needs to throw everything at it . Listening to his after match comments …he will be !

1234CCFC

Godden to start - clear as day against Oxford he can do a job against the defenders outside of the Championship still. I would also want Tavares to start to give Wright/ Simms a rest - if he can't do it against a Maidstone then thank you a goodbye for the future. He should be dominating against this kind of opposition if we think he has a future as a 'young up and coming' player. Also likely Kelly comes into to give Eccles a break before the crunch match on Friday!

shepardo01

Keep Van Ewijk, Torp and OHare well away from this one.
Play Kitching and Collins with a view to them starting on Friday.
Give Kelly some minutes.
He'll play Godden (who will look good against them but shouldn't be anywhere near the team on Friday)
Unless Robins goes full on batshit and plays a load of kids, we will win this, I am very sure about thism

Tommo1993

Keep Van Ewijk, Torp and OHare well away from this one.
Play Kitching and Collins with a view to them starting on Friday.
Give Kelly some minutes.
He'll play Godden (who will look good against them but shouldn't be anywhere near the team on Friday)
Unless Robins goes full on batshit and plays a load of kids, we will win this, I am very sure about thism

Shep I think you should cut off all points of contact from the in-laws next week. And the missus if at all possible.

shepardo01

Shep I think you should cut off all points of contact from the in-laws next week. And the missus if at all possible.
They are on their way over to watch the Hull game, it's the last thing I need after last night!!
I have point blank refused to go next week as don't want to be anywhere near their inane drivel and uniformed BS! FYI, this will be their second game of the season!!

Adge

We need a performance after the Preston horror show. Kelly to start for me just as an alternative to the insipid Joel/Eccles tripe of the last few games. Godden to start aswell-needs a goal and I hope he gets one and we can put these pretenders to bed 3-4 nil.

Brighton Sky Blue

Get Godden, Wright and Simms some goals and get the back 4 a clean sheet. All are needed.

Kelly and Eccles would be fine in the middle.

skybluecam

So we're starting the U21s because they'll turn them over easily yeah?

Good game at a good time. We need a comfortable win. If we don't win then may as well start prepping for 24/25.

NWS

I guess we will have our only option up front. He will have little to do except celebrate when Corne scores the winner

COYS

Otis

Makes sense to play Godden.

He surely must fancy his chances against such lowly opposition.

I agree with Grendel too. Palmer should dominate in this one if picked.

fernandopartridge

I'd actually try and play as many players that played last night to get that out of their system. Start Bidwell instead of JDS and Kelly in for Lati. Perhaps Torp playing further forward in place of O'Hare. Godden for Sakamoto and shift Simms to the right.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

shmmeee

I'd actually try and play as many players that played last night to get that out of their system. Start Bidwell instead of JDS and Kelly in for Lati. Perhaps Torp playing further forward in place of O'Hare. Godden for Sakamoto and shift Simms to the right.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Agree with the sentiment. Don’t agree with playing Torp as a 10 tho

covcity4life

Collins
Bidwell
Thomas
Kitching
Lati
Eccles
Torp
O hare
Palmer
Wright
Simms

Or if 3 at back then

Collins
Thomas
Kitching
Binks
Lati
Bidwell
Torp
Eccles
O hare
Simms
Wright

No issue with godden instead of Simms or Kelly if he's fit instead of Eccles. Or Palmer for o hare in 352

Look we got more than enough to win despite a bad result so try remain positive people. We could be in the quarter finals of the fa cup very soon

Otis

Collins
Bidwell
Thomas
Kitching
Lati
Eccles
Torp
O hare
Palmer
Wright
Simms

Or if 3 at back then

Collins
Thomas
Kitching
Binks
Lati
Bidwell
Torp
Eccles
O hare
Simms
Wright

No issue with godden instead of Simms or Kelly if he's fit instead of Eccles. Or Palmer for o hare in 352

Look we got more than enough to win despite a bad result so try remain positive people. We could be in the quarter finals of the fa cup very soon
Yes indeed and that has to be better than promotion, right! 🤪

shmmeee

Collins
Thomas Kitching Binks
Latibeadiere Eccles Palmer Kelly Dasilva
Godden Simms

Don’t risk Torp, MvE, Wright or O’Hare who have all had injuries this season. Maybe Lusala in at RWB but I’d also want as many from last night out as possible to try and shake off the loss. Wilson, lovely man, never want to see him in a City shirt again.

Reactions: SBT

SBT

Given how little playing time I expect him to have for the rest of the season, Dasilva has to start this game somehow, even if it’s out of position.

Otis

Given how little playing time I expect him to have for the rest of the season, Dasilva has to start this game somehow, even if it’s out of position.
Yeah, I would play him further up.

He really should excel against this level of opposition.

Users who are viewing this thread