Match Thread Coventry City at Notts County Match Thread - Saturday 7th Apr (1 Viewer)

Otis

A 1-1 draw tomorrow with mcnulty score ring early. Hold the n till late then a calamitous mixup between keeper and Mac Donald.
Overall city play ok. Looking forward to the game to put last Monday’s horror show out of my mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all very sad though when a 5-2 defeat is an improvement on the score from the previous match.

Otis

Rally weird that for a game of such magnitude and importance that the thread is receiving such little traffic.

I keep looking in the New Posts section expecting it to be consistently there, but instead have to seek it out in the Coventry City General Chat.

I'm the only person who has posted in it since 5.47pm yesterday.

Nick

Administrator
Feeling nervous about it this morning, really could be make or break

Who are the teams around us playing?

Otis

Screenshot_2018-04-07-09-20-08.png

Exter at Cambridge
Mansfield home to Crewe
Lincoln have the Checkatrade don't they?

Brighton Sky Blue

Burge to score a hat trick and MMB to write War and Peace arguing for him to receive the Ballon D'Or

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Rally weird that for a game of such magnitude and importance that the thread is receiving such little traffic.

I keep looking in the New Posts section expecting it to be consistently there, but instead have to seek it out in the Coventry City General Chat.

I'm the only person who has posted in it since 5.47pm yesterday.

I think the Yeovil game drained the life out everyone to be honest.

That will soon change with a win today.

Otis

I think the Yeovil game drained the life out everyone to be honest.

That will soon change with a win today.
True. Everything and everyone was as flat as a pancake.

I also have this horrible feeling we will lose today. It's what the City do and have done over the years. Massive following behind them in a big game and the players fail to perform.

I do think we will see a reaction, but Notts County's excellent home record I think may count against us and also, our defence that has looked very confident and solid for the most part, are now going to be all jittery and nervous today after letting in 6 goals last time out.

Hope all my fears are proved wrong, but I'm sticking with 0-2. :(

lifeskyblue

Getting train from Leicester to Nottingham shortly. Feeling more nervous than usual re the game. Steve82 is right though whatever result today there are still 5 games. Autos have gone must get ourselves in right frame for playoff lottery.
Just hoping that Yeovil was a one off and we see what robbins and Doyle have done to restore a bit of sanity.

steve82

I also have this horrible feeling we will lose today. It's what the City do and have done over the years. Massive following behind them in a big game and the players fail to perform.

I do think we will see a reaction, but Notts County's excellent home record I think may count against us and also, our defence that has looked very confident and solid for the most part, are now going to be all jittery and nervous today after letting in 6 goals last time out.

I can see a draw today, and to be honest I think that’s gonna be one of the best points we take away all season.

Can see a melt down tho if we don’t “go for it” like some might want to see.

Otis

What ever happens there’s still 15 pts to play for after today’s game.

It don’t end today, remember this as your cross the River Trent this evening.

There are indeed, but just how much will it dent our confidence and belief if we lose? We will probably also be back outside the top 7 with a defeat.

That would be last three games, D, L, L. Hardly the form of a promotion chasing team.

I think it is so important to get something out of the game today. A draw would be great. Give us back our pride and confidence.

A win and we are right back on track.

Otis

I can see a draw today, and to be honest I think that’s gonna be one of the best points we take away all season.

Can see a melt down tho if we don’t “go for it” like some might want to see.

I agree and would be delighted with a draw. Keeps Notts County in the same position and we will still have a game in hand on them.

I would be very happy with a draw today.

steve82

I agree and would be delighted with a draw. Keeps Notts County in the same position and we will still have a game in hand on them.

I would be very happy with a draw today.

Notts county are no mugs especially at home. I’d imagine there still smarting from the opening day defeat.

Let’s hope we catch them on a bad day again.

Grendel

There are indeed, but just how much will it dent our confidence and belief if we lose? We will probably also be back outside the top 7 with a defeat.

That would be last three games, D, L, L. Hardly the form of a promotion chasing team.

I think it is so important to get something out of the game today. A draw would be great. Give us back our pride and confidence.

A win and we are right back on track.

You place too much emphasis on confidence from a draw to a defeat - it wouldn’t make much difference in that respect just make it harder to catch the team that’s just beat us. In the end the game that will matter is Lincoln.

Otis

You place too much emphasis on confidence from a draw to a defeat - it wouldn’t make much difference in that respect just make it harder to catch the team that’s just beat us. In the end the game that will matter is Lincoln.
I agree on that. After today that IS the key matchup.

eastwoodsdustman

They’re clearly worried about their slide and the manager is getting more frantic by the week. An early goal for us and I think we’ll walk it.

Warwickhunt

Notts county are no mugs especially at home. I’d imagine there still smarting from the opening day defeat.

Let’s hope we catch them on a bad day again.

Worse than the bad days they have been having?

Warwickhunt

I think Notts are going through the Tim Mowbray slide that we did the season he quit

standupforcity

'but Notts County's excellent home record I think may count against us' Isn't this what Yeovil must have been thinking about us?

SkyBlueSoul

Just pulling into Notts station, getting excited now. I do love an away day!

I can see it being 1-1 today. I think we’ll get a reaction from the players but it’ll still be tight. Neither side will give too much away

Users who are viewing this thread